Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Numbness in my mouth from weed?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by TheHighRoad, Mar 28, 2009.

1. Lately I've been noticing my mouth/tongue feel kind of numb when I'm high. Like, it's kinda hard to describe, but chewing gum feels sooo weird. Anyone else get this?

2. I think so, but I'd say that's pretty normal. Think about it this way; feeling tingly and fuzzy are often common feelings when smoking, so why not include that to the mouth, it's one of our greatest senses. And sometimes when you notice things at first, you then can't stop noticing it so it almost amplifies the intensity.

I tend to feel a slight numbness, never completely within my mouth and toes sometimes.
    It's normal.

3. Sweet, thanks +rep.

4. Once I smoked out of a friends pipe and my whole mouth turned numb. But that was because he oftens snow caps his buds with cocaine. And his pipe had cocaine residue.

5. Concentrate on any part of your body really hard while high and guarantee you'll stop feeling it or it'll feel really fucking weird, its fun :)

6. I remember way back when I first started burning the herb, my tongue would feel kind of numb after two or three bowls. Its normal, I'm sure. Just keep smoking!

7. i get hardcore cotton mouth, but it's not numb

8. how bout the numbness from taking huge bong rips nd u drool everywhere, god i love that sept if someone else does that to my bong

9. Yea cocaine makes your mouth and lips numb.

10. Personally, I've never had this happen to me, but I torched a blunt with my homie a few days ago and he started talking about how his mouth was numb. 30 minutes later, he was hugging the toilet while I was playing xbox feelin' nice.

11. it's nice :smoking:

12. It happens to me all the time. i love it cuz it makes food and drink like ten times better. At first it was weird and scary but now I have learned to accept it. Its also my way of knowing im high especially with weed that has a high that creeps up on yea

13. yeah, that used to happen to me all the time when i started smokin c: i loved it, thats how i was able to pierce my lip, actually, hehe

14. sometimes the coals go into your mouth and burns your tongue which may be the reason for the numbness. Also, you could have just hella bad cotton mouth, which is also from the smoke... I never really got tongue numbness before, other than from burning my tongue while smoking. LOL

15. yo weed laced with coke? thats what it sounds like

16. I'm sure she forgot that little detail...

17. I'm necroing this thread bc I found it using Google.

This happens to me (numb lips sometimes when I smoke). I notice it especially with sour diesel, and the bong (vs dry spoon) may make a difference, I'm not sure.

Anybody else?

18. I forget what the inside of my mouth is like when im really stoned. Sometimes I even forget i have a mouth, i feel like just a tongue flying through air.

19. My friend and I experienced this yesterday. We smoked a bowl & then went out into the kitchen to get something to eat, then we started to eat a container of sweetened peanuts then she was all like "Hey I can't feel the food go down my throat lol" when we noticced this, we ate some more, then the numbness worked it's way to out teeth in the very back. lol it was pretty weird.. and somewhat entertaining.

20. haha yeah me and a friend smoked a blueberry blunt with blue widow and it made my mouth super numb. it was cool though