Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Dangers (If any) of smoking the Stem?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by tflga, Mar 24, 2009.

1. Title sorta explains it.

Is there, if any...Dangers to smoking the Stem.

For say, breaking up some mids, and there's a little bit of stem that I forgot to take out of the bowl before I lit up..

anything to worry about?

Also....This is just a rhetorical question..If I were to pack a small bowl of stems, and smoke it..would that be dangerous for your health? Even though smoking in general is bad, but..I'm just curious.

I've always wondered if there's any significance to the stem, should I keep it? And make something out of it? I've seen on GC people saving it and making hash, or something?

Little new, help me out..No flaming please:hello:

Oh, and thanks!

2. headaches, harshness. Thats all i know....

3. tiredness, generaly all the unpleasant effects of smoking really bad weed.

4. It tastes horrible. It smells and tastes like a bon fire. It's best to save your stems for months until you collect enough to make some hash oil out of.

5. Sweet. Well, thanks for the info.

6. Saving it and making hash would probably be your best bet. The THC to plant matter ratio is way too low, just save up and make some iso hash or something

7. you can also make green dragon

8. i have never smoked stems alone but i have grinded some up and through it in with some shake kind of like a filler if that makes sense.

9. if you add stems to your bowl it probably wouldnt matter, but if you just smoke a plain bowl of stems then you'll probably end up getting tired, with a headache.

10. Yeah a little stems won't be bad, but it wouldn't be smart to smoke just stems. Just save them there's a tutorial on here somewhere about making iso hash out of stems and loose discarded plant matter. I've smoked stems and it's pretty cool they are like little pipes they fill up with smoke and start spewing it out of the top right at your face, that is if the stems are pointed at your face:D. But seriously you should try it, it's pretty cool.

11. terrible taste, just save them or chunk them out of you dont buy any kind of weight.

same for seeds

12. your ears will explode

13. this

nah but for stems all the THC is only on the very outside of the stem. most of the smoke is just disgusting harsh burning plant matter. very little THC in it if i were you i'd just save em like every1 else has been saying.

14. i smoked stems once...

took a bunch of collected stems, ground them up, and smoked the "keif".

definitely was not keif. it was just ground stem. after one hit i coughed and nearly threw up, tasted horrible and gave me an instant headache.

do not smoke stems.

15. ive smoked stems once or twice and ive never gotten a headache or experienced bad taste, pretty normal high it was, well apart from having to smoke alot more

16. if you do DONT GRIND THEM UP. as i said the THC is only on the outside so by grinding them up you aren't exposing any new thc. you are only providing more plant matter to burn up. you can throw a stem in there regular tho and it shouldn't really effect anything

17. Don't smoke your stems, save them until you have enough to make some hash oil, or try making some weed tea. You're going to need a fat pile of stems though

18. When I vape, I just grind my bud with its stems, never bothering to pick them out. Never noticed anything but nice, clear-headed highs. If it's somehow killing me, I'll die smiling.

19. Smoking the stems are like smoking schwag. Instead you should make it into qwiso hash, or something. http://forum.grasscity.com/harvesti...uides-homemade-hash-step-step-pictorials.html

20. If you get a headache from smoking stems then you're just a pussy. Stems can't hurt you.