my seeds wont germinate!!!!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by SD Sensi Grower, Mar 21, 2009.

1. entirely agreed. skrew the paper towel method.
    i soak and plant them. easy as that.

i have, since when i started this thread gotten a lot better and a lot more experienced.

i can germ really well now and i get good germ rates.

soak it and plant it. i get amazing germ rates with that.

2. A lot of it is down to the PLAY factor. Noobs like to look at their seeds, and fiddle with them, see how they are getting on.

3. yea i know. and they think that they have to do that.

4. Did those seeds ever germinate?

5. Follow this simple advice on germinating marijuana seeds to have a 100% success rate.
    This is the safest approach on germinating marijuana seeds. Get some Jiffy Peat Pellets from a gardening supply. These compressed peat pellets have to be soaked in water before use. They'll expand to their real size within a few minutes. Put them in water.
    After a few minutes they'll become fat. Now put one seed into it. Put it approximately 1 cm (0.4 inch) deep into the peat and cover it. It does not matter in which position the seed lies. Just make a 1 cm (0.4 inch) deep hole and let the seed fall in. Then cover it with soil. Once the seed is in the wet soil, it will begin its life. Keep the peat pellets warm. But not too warm! 20 deg Celsius - 28 deg is good. That is 68 - 82 degrees Fahrenheit. Baby plants that are kept in too warm surrounding will be sickly and slower in their growth. Make sure that the peat pellets stays moist during the whole time. Do not let it become dry. Check daily. Good seeds will usually have a rate of 100% successful germination. After 3 - 8 days, the plants will stick their head out. Put the little baby's right into the sun or under your grow light (not too close, you do not want them suffer from heat). They need direct light. Right after the head popped out of the soil, it is also time to put them into pots with soil or place into your net pots when growing hydroponically. Use quality soil from the garden supply. The better the soil, the better the plant later. (I used Root's Organic Soil). When putting the plant into the new pot, you can put it in fairly deep. The stack may almost completely disappear in the soil. This way the plant is stabilized. The stack that is buried in soil or placed in net pots with hydroton will develop roots. I hope this helps and simplifies everything for you. Good luck and good growing! Swanee

6. ever germinate?

7. iv read in a few places that seeds dont requires the humidity as much as say taking a clone would, thoughts on that?
    i live in a super arid environment making it hard to keep humidity up.
    currently keep all my seeds in tubber ware in a dark fridge.
    soak in distilled water ph at 6 roughly, one cracked and went right into rock wool, other did not crack and has been in paper towel for almost 2 days now, thinking i could try to throw it in soil but also thinking it might be pooched
    total noob when it comes to seeds, seems to me soaking them and chucking right into soil would be natures way of doing it, and ill certainly try it next, just such a bummer when the seeds are so expensive lol

8. I have used the paper towel method for many years with great success. Just recently, I've discovered that if I place the damp paper towel on a small plate, and put it in a ziplock bag, it creates a greenhouse effect and my viable seeds have germinated in two days with this method. No scuffing. No soaking. Just put in damp paper towel, then ziplock bag it, and wait. No need to re-water the paper towel either as the zip lock keeps the moisture in...good luck!

9. Darkness, Moisture & Heat are required to germinate seeds. Although most seeds have a wide range of temperature that are tolerated when germinating, in my experience temperatures between 85-90 degrees works best for me.

I noticed that you indicated that your seeds are refrigerated-I would suggest you put them in a sock drawer or somewhere where the seeds will be at a more preferred temperature range.

10. I bring them to room temp before germinating. i heard dark and cold was good for long term storage.
    Only have room for.. 2 mothers maaaaybe 3, and i have a few strains of seeds, so cant realy start alot at once, also because of plant limit

11. i got 31 seeds from dsc. all in original packaging from seed co. put 18 in moist papertowel. 5 germinated. its been 13 days. i spent $140 on these and had all research plans ready, but now i dont have what i need to continue research. sucks but anyway. 3 seed companies and shitty experience with all 3. where can i get good seeds? im guessing these are no good so trash.

12. i got 31 seeds from dsc. all in original packaging from seed co. put 18 in moist papertowel. 5 germinated. its been 13 days. i spent $140 on these and had all research plans ready, but now i dont have what i need to continue research. sucks but anyway. 3 seed companies and shitty experience with all 3. where can i get good seeds? im guessing these are no good so trash.

13. Easiest simplest most reliable way.....plant the seed in soil just like any other seed. Weed seeds are nothing special that requires all this nonsense