Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account

Does Marinol (Dronabinol) get you as high as regular smoking herb does?

• Please log in to reply

unch

unch

• Registered Upgraded
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
I am just wondering if taking a Marinol pill is as good of a high as smoking weed say from a bong or whatever?
I have never tried medical thc pills..

Similar Topics: Does Marinol (Dronabinol) get you as high as regular smoking herb does?     x

mimomontalvo

mimomontalvo

:D

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,621 posts
from what ive read, its much different than actually smoking. some people take them and smoke as well.

unch

unch

• Registered Upgraded
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
is that the only PILL form of THC made?

mimomontalvo

mimomontalvo

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,621 posts
i belive so.

dronabinol sounds like an anabolic steroid :smoke:

unch

unch

• Registered Upgraded
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
is it possible to get marinol online and shipped to you?

mimomontalvo

mimomontalvo

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,621 posts
its extremely hard to get, so i wouldn't bank on finding any of it online.

unless youre terminally ill...chances are, youre not getting an rx for it

Edited by mimomontalvo, 20 March 2009 - 10:43 PM.

Medical MJ

Medical MJ

Indica Seeker

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
I've been taking dronabinol for 20 years!!! The main drawback is that it is often difficult to get absorbed into your system. Dronibinol "pills" are actually mixed using sesame oil. That's often the problem.

So, many times it isn't effective which sux... but when it works it is the ONLY medicine that relieves my pain (severe trauma to the spinal cord). I've tried everything from hypnosis to heavy doses of morphine and MJ is the only answer.

It really doesn't get me "high", although I have been taking it for a long time. IMO the real herb is much better for pain, especially pure indicas. If anyone has any more questions about dronabinol I consider myself as an "Expert". LOL!

weflyhigh

weflyhigh

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 1,165 posts
No... cannabinoids effect your high GREATLY. THC is what is in the marinol pills, and from what I understand you can't make synthetic cannabinoids. I've tried marinol pills many times, sometimes in high dosages, and it was very different and sometimes not fun.

Guest_DMOB12_*

Guest_DMOB12_*
  • Unregistered / Not Logged In
I had them once when my friends dad picked them up off some dude he knows, I took three of them that I bought for $15 and when they kicked in I passed the fuck out.

explorer

explorer

• Registered Upgraded
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
in low doses nothing really happens... after about 8 "pills" however, the effects resemble edibles with a side of extreme confusion.

Medical MJ

Medical MJ

Indica Seeker

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
I take 7 pills 3x daily. weflyhigh is spot on! It definitely takes an adjustment at those levels and it's only synthetic THC with NO cannabinoids which sux!

bunnymuffin

bunnymuffin

• Registered Upgraded
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
To me the high is way more intense from Marinol....I was given it as an appetite stimulant due to cancer treatments and mouth issues...Fod taste so bad now, but I get the munchies and I eat!:hello: I use to be a smoker back in the day....But have been sober for 6 yrs til all this cancer crap came about...I take 5 mg 4 times a day...Its a bit much for me, but it works...to each their own! It really did get me as high as a kite....!:P

cball

cball

I divide by zero...

• Gold Member
  • 11,130 posts

420 Medical

420 Medical

stayin high on trees

• Banned by Moderators
  • 460 posts

its extremely hard to get, so i wouldn't bank on finding any of it online.

unless youre terminally ill...chances are, youre not getting an rx for it

I pretty sure you can get it from a Canadian pharmacy online...they sell everything.:wave:

Dizzle7

Dizzle7

• Registered Upgraded
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
it depends, sometimes i feel high as shit and cant think straight but normally i do not feel much unless i take more then prescribed

Dizzle7

Dizzle7

• Registered Upgraded
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I get it but the phar always has to order it...... must be special

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users