Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

The Official Guide to Conserving Weed

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Str8oFfThEtOP, Mar 20, 2009.

1. Vaporizers and Dugouts. Nuff said

2. When I am really wanting to conserve I won't chill at my buddies places, because 1. I tend to be too nice to them and they'll match less (which yes, is "dick") and 2. When I'm chilling with friends I tend to want to get blazed, when by myself I just need a little bit.

3. #24 Deleted member 102856, May 18, 2009
    Last edited: May 18, 2009
    That's a good idea, with the last quarter thing.

But I rarely smoke with the same people all the time... :/

4. Vaporizers are the way to go if you want to conserve because you are not burning off thc before it gets to your lungs. Also a good trick i like to use is to exhale the smoke into a balloon. Then inhale it again. repeat until there isn't any smoke left. That way you get most the thc out of every hit. Gets you real high

5. First and foremost visit the edible section of this forum

6. I just use a small pipe, and smoke a little at a time. I bought 1/2 oz last December, and I've still got plenty (I smoke twice per week, every week). Yeah I know I'm a tea-totaler, but I can't smoke a lot with my job and all.

7. The best thing about having a vaporizer is you basically double what ever amount of weed you have. after youve vaporized your weed you can roll joints, blunts out of it and works awesome. but smoking is always the best way to get high.

8. I read a few times that exhaling through your nose will actually get you higher, as there are receptors on the way out that will absorb a little more THC.

This could be nonsense, but it seems to work for me.

9. #30 Broz66, May 27, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2011
    Great guide man. As a fellow broke-ass who prides myself on being a connoisseur, I appreciated and agreed several of your tips. Another benefit of grinding your weed instead of breaking it up by hand (the biggest waste of THC out there) is the fact that your crystals gather in the pollen catcher of your grinder and you get he benefit of kief at the bottom. Loading a bowl and sprinkling it with kief will get you truly lifted. When shopping for grinders, make sure that it has a pollen catcher at the bottom. It's worth the extra five bucks. I always save the keif hits for my late night session.

Another way to conserve your weed (or, if you're not smoking less, your life is def getting better) is to set small goals for yourself that you have to do before smoking your next bowl. I'll use what I did a couple months ago as an example. I gave myself a "free" morning bowl, and a free 4:20 bowl if I was free to smoke (to be honest, usually wasted this one). Any other time I wanted to smoke a bowl, I'd have to do 150 situps. I actually now have a little definition to my abs, and I can only thank my baby Mary J for em. I've since stopped this and switched to house cleaning as my "goals." My parents came for a visit and had nothing but compliments for the way the house looked, and again, Mary deserved the credit.

Well, registering for this site and posting something was my "goal" to achieve before I smoked, so I'm off to enjoy the fruits of my labor in the form of a bowl with sprinkles ;). Thanks for the guide, and though none of them were new to me, I DO have a few more suggestions I'll add later (another one is to remember that there's no need to finish a bowl in one sitting if you're smoking good nug).

10. I smoke weed daily for about a year and a half and I still get high of like .2.3 ....
    I guess im lucky :p

11. Want to REALLY conserve weed? Save up and buy a vaporizer. Your wallet and your lungs will thank you later.

12. Another couple simply because I thought of them.

If you're hoping to save some green (in more ways than one)

--don't let the lighter hit the weed. You'll have much more control and "precision hits" as my TRUE smoker friends now call it. Let the lighter get close to the green, and the heat from the flame will light certain parts of your bowl. For some reason, this makes your bowl burn MUCH slower.

--never smoke outside. The wind will blow your lighter around so much you'll burn most of the bowl on the first couple of hits. I've searched for something that would not waste good green when smoking outside. The closest I've found to something that I can smoke outside is a glass blunt (I call it my syringe, though it makes me sound like a junkie. Maybe "plunger" would be a better name, but I digress). Even that wastes a lot of smoke that should be directed at my lungs. Outside smoking--better use reggie. I smoke the good stuff.

--Never light the middle of your bowl. I split every bowl into quarters when I'm smoking. Light one quadrant per hit. After the top layer is burned, I use a safety pin to flip the burnt smoke in the bowl. Then, BAM! you've got a clean bowl waiting to be hit. If you're smoking with a friend, let them know the rules...which brings me to my next point...

--If you're a conservative smoker, and only smoke out of a pipe, I'm sorry to say, but don't smoke with others. They always waste your weed, lighting the whole bowl and depriving you of a "green hit," which always tastes better and gets you higher. A shared bowl with a non-educated smoker lasts MAYBE 4 hits. Double that when smoking conservatively by yourself. If you're like me, others don't smoke as good stuff as you, anyway, so it's a bit of a waste.

As per your suggestion earlier in the thread about whether or not to smoke better puff that costs a bit more--my suggestion is to smoke the best green you can afford. You'll stop smoking a joint every time you're bored and only be able to handle a couple of tokes off your pipe or a bong hit to last you a couple hours. That's what I'VE found anyway.

Broz

13. you shouldve said get a one hitter lol they reaaaaallllllyyyyy conserve weed!!!

14. Nice highjack but ide get dank fuck reggie bush

15. not trying to necro, but this is the first thing that pops up on google for "conserve weed" so I wanted to add a couple of things.

You waste tons of THC just by blowing/coughing it out of your lungs.  Find a way to capture your exhale and re-use it.

My girlfriend and I used to give each other our second hand smoke.  If you're flying solo you can blow into a bag/balloon inflatable thing and suck it back out.  You can stretch one knife-hit or something to 4-5 hits, but keep in mind you're using up the oxygen so be sure to breath fresh air in between.  : P  Gets pretty stale/weak quickly, but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do and probably beats scraping.

16. Trying to smoke less was difficult for me so whenever I copped, I would split my weed up into 3 different bags And only grind up 1/3 of it at a time. When you use up all that you grinded, go to your stash and take out another 1/3 and grind that up, etc..
    For me grinding the weed, tho only takes 10 seconds, is an annoying process so only grinding up parts at a time makes me want to make the already grinded weed last.
    Hope that made sense ✌️

I've never coughed after taking a hit 😁
    And my eyes never get red 😎
    #VisineWho ??

17. Another tip is to take snaps. While I agree cornering your bowl is conservative, taking snaps is even more conservative.
    Basically you only light enough for one hit then take the entire bowl in one hit. Doing this, the bowl does not keep burning therefore no smoke is wasted. A snap could be .1 or 1 gram, it just depends on how much you're able to handle.
    That brings me to another point, try to snap large hits because more THC in your system in a shorter amount of time makes you feel higher.

I smoke on 1/5. I was always taught to reduce fractions.

18. I found like half a bowl pack just from picking up those tiny pieces of weed after rolling. It really adds up when you save them haha