Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Fives Tips To Conserve Cannabis In Slow Economy

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Matt Mernagh, Mar 20, 2009.

1. I save all my stems and seeds. you can grow some of the seeds,thats probably the best way to save alot, or you could use every scrap, the ash from your bowl, everything and make cannabutter with it.

2. I feel like a pussy but I had such a fatass pile of the most DAAAANKEST stems and I was dry as fuck today... Had no money and was to lazy to go to the bank and shit so I packed a fatass bowl of stems (hairy as fuck) and shit actually got me pretty high.. I was surprised

Smoking for almost 10 years and this was my first time ever trying to smoke stems lol... The stems looked to dank not to

3. Hmm I agree it is pretty hard to conserve nowadays more then ever, but in this economy it must be done. Being a college student with my own apartment off campus, smoking all day, everyday is seriously tempting. And usually what I do, when I have no classes....

I usually smoke about an eighth a week, sometimes more... All day :D
    But due to economic reasons (mainly cuz I still havent gotten my last check from work lol) I've decided to stop smoking for a week or two, to lower my tolerance level to how it once was...Its been proven to be difficult tho, as Im sure many of you know, not smokin after you have done so everyday/all day for the past year, is not soo easy. But not impossible.
    Im on day 2, haha. Apart from being a bit irritable and having a change in appetite, its all good.

So my tip is lay off the weed for a day or a week and u'll not only conserve but u'll get super high next time u take a hit from the bong...:smoking:<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

~Sometimes too much of a good thing...isnt...so good...~

4. I think a good way to save your stash is 3 simple steps i use...

1) no blunts/joints (unless in a session with friends)
    2) use only your peice or a vaporizer
    3) be stingy; well not completely, just dont splurge with your friends when you buy a new sack, im not saying don't share, just not as often.

those are the simple tips i have, hope it helped somehow :bongin:

5. Buy Hash... thats how u conserve and save money.

6. lol i do the same thing, i can make a 8th last all week, but if i have over a oz i say screw it and smoke it up in 2weeks.

7. 1. No Joints
    2. Make Time For Toking
    3. Do Bonghits Only
    4. Buy A Vaporizer

8. I usually pack really tiny bowls (.1 - .15, sometimes a little less or more) and make sure when I hit it there is NO side stream smoke let off. My bowl is pretty deep probably could hold about half G or a little bit more if you really push it, but the thing with my bowl is it's deep and slanted, so I can cover it with my hand and cut off the oxygen (without burning my hand or getting ash on it) thus stopping the burning thus cancling the side stream:hello:. Also, I try to only smoke dank stuff so I get to smoke less. Sometimes I'll take short breaks, go every other day instead of everyday and usually limit myself to once a day maximum. Hope this helps. :eek:

9. I take one hit of my dank with a one-hitter then I will allow myself one full bowl of mids a night saving so much money this way...

10. Thanx for the information

11. Lots of good tips to conserve so far, I guess I'll share mine:

Use tobacco as a filler. Nasty, right? Well, get pipe tobacco, it will burn longer and taste great. Plus, if your bud is good enough, you won't even taste it xD

Use pipes or one hitters when low on weed. Both allow you to load smaller bowls and smoke more of them. This tricks your brain into thinking you've consumed more than you have.

Roll joints or blunts. This is counterintuitive, but it stops you from getting high and continuing to smoke bowl after bowl.

Resin!!!! If you're using a pipe, scrape that shit up. It may taste bad, but it still gets you high, and if the bud it came from is good, it will taste nice.

Those are my tips, they've probably been shared a lot through this thread, but I'm not going over 18 pages to check for redundancy.

Happy birthday.

12. #272 AnarchyOriginal, May 5, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2010

:bongin:Smoking resin SUCKS A$$, it stinks, it's sticky, and should only be done in "DESPERATE" times....

With that said....small/medium glass pipes are what I use. My roomie and I only use about a 1/2 OZ every two weeks that way...So....it's like $30 per person per month. That's if we want to conserve...we usually have money to smoke freely....It's finding decent smoke thats the clencher...

13. this is a good idea. if you want something that'll stick with your piece that also acts as a lid to prevent spills, try this.
    i pulled the sticker off a chap stick cap and it fits perfectly inside my bowl, and sticks until i need to remove it. then i just put my finger in the opening and wiggle it back and forth til it comes loose. it's my ghetto version of a genie cap. i used to use it to keep smoke from getting into the room if i smoked inside, but now i use it to put the bud out so i don't waste as much.

14. Best way to conserve weed is to use a screen, break up your bud as finely as possible, only "light" the weed instead of holding the lighter to it for 5 seconds, and pack small bowls. If you pack a large bowl it will cherry and smoke away. Small bowls you can take in one hit, and if you use a screen, you don't have to worry about pulling it. Also, resin and vaps are good. You can smoke with a vap to extract the THC and then "smoke" the rest in order to get the
    cannabonoids. Trust me, you will get fucked up.

15. Tip #1) Buy a bat (1 hitter) it's a stealth pipe meaning it vaporizers the bud, it's just a manual vaporizer, you control it by how long you have lighter lit and your inhalation technique, and how much you pack in the bowl, and other factors if you broke up the bud or just threw a little nug in the bowl. but it's helpful for stealth smoking little to no smell and it vapes, you can also just smoke you don't really have to vape just hold the lighter flame longer and inhale harder and it will burn the material thus producing smoke.

Tip #2) Save up cash and buy larger amounts usually there is price breaks. for example instead of paying $60 or $55 for an 8th you can get 7 grams for $70 to $80 (that's 2 8ths).

Tip #3) Wait 10 minutes after you took your dose / bowl, to see if the effects are where you want to be, remember some weed strains are "Creeper" highs. so if your feeling buzzed off your dank then most likely it could be a creeper, strains like trainwreck creep up on you that's why it's called trainwreck, so knowing your strains lineage can help determine how much to smoke, creeper highs are a hit and miss you gotta wait longer then 10 minutes till it peaks.

Tip #4) Sharing is caring (match with a friend a bowl), that will save you money and get you much higher if you have a higher tolerance. If matching try hitting it from 1 hitter / vaporizer / Bongs use more bud, but it's a funner experience.

Tip #5) Try not to smoke everybody out unless they got you back. or unless you can afford to feed another head.

Tip #6) Edibles, edibles, edibles my friend they do wonders the highs last twice as longer. And maybe more intense.

16. Im telling you this is teh best way to save your buds and still get incredibly high for long periods of time. VAPORIZER! Some people go "well i dont own a vape", well heres your answer: http://forum.grasscity.com/toking-tools/59136-marginally-official-how-light-bulb-vaporizer-pics.html (credit to ProtoHype). All you need to use in the bulb is a pinch of herb and I can usually get 10+ hits before its too shitty to even vape anymore. It can be used inside a house with close to no smell whatsoever, and its 100% THC. Vape it up!

UPDATE: Do not use a lighter or a zippo, use a candle. You will save so much money from all the lights your not wasting.

17. I disagree with the fact that many say you cant buy a large amount and conserve it. You Can! I did it. I bought a zip, then weighed out an eighth a week and knew that was my sack for the week, and It worked great. Until my dad found the half Oz I had left.