Potential problem with calcium buildup?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by stoopidhigh, Mar 19, 2009.

1. So I've been researching aeroponics and Im beginning to set up a tank, but i had a few questions. The one Ill ask now is about the posible use of daily mulitvitamins in water. They provide Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Boron, Manganese, Zinc, Molybdenum and Copper. These are all included in a list of nutrients i found important for plant growth. The two missing would be Sulfur and Cobalt. I plan on getting aeroponic nutrient solution, but in the meantime would the use of these pills cause an excess in calcium that could clog a mister? Theres the possibility that the water will be constantly flowing and have little chance for buildup, but idk. So could anyone shed some light on this topid and if you have experience problems with calcium buildup, does anyone know of any chemicals i can use to clean that with. thanks for the help.

2. The calcium would eventually build up and clog your nozzles. But, with that being said, I don't see any reason to use a daily vitamin. As long as you are using one of the commercially produced nutrient systems, it will have enough of the trace minerals to keep your plants happy. Adding something in addition to that seems like overkill to me, and could cause micronutrient issues that are extremely difficult to diagnose. Just keep it basic.