DXM ingestion question

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by generalvape, Mar 15, 2009.

1. Ok well I'm trying dxm shortly, and I just had a couple questions about the dosage. I want a high-end 2nd plateau trip so I plan on taking 375 mg of dxm. I looked up products that contain only dxm, and I came up with two that look the best, one is liquid, one is in pill form. And I know not to take the Triple C's, I'm not that naive :D.

1. Robitussin cough long acting liquid 15mg/5ml = 125 ml for 375mg of DXM, no other active ingredients

2. Zicam cough max melts 30mg/tablet = 12.5 tablets( ill split the 13th in half, cause I'd rather not go 400 mg 3rd plateau trip for my first time) for 375m of DXM, no other active ingredients

So which do you think I should take, the pills or the liquid, or do you have any other suggested products that would be better, as in less pills or less liquid.

By the way I have read over the Erowid page on DXM, and the FAQ on doses. I just want to hear from people what the best product is in their opinion.

And for the love of God I'm so tired of this, please no preaching! This is the box, if you don't like it, stay out!:devious:

Thanks for the help

2. I'd take less. Something that will land you in a solid 1st plateau, so you can feel it out a bit. Some people can't trip on DXM, some absolutely hate it, and some just get sick from it. 1st plateau is euphoric, so you should have a good time.

And just down the syrup. That'll be easier than eating a bunch of cough melts. Don't space out the dose though...take it all at once or don't take it at all.

3. Take the pills, but get Robotussin pills, they are ONLY DXM. Have fun and be responsible. And remember, it's going to end so don't freakout.

4. ROBO > ZICAM

Try to find the pills though.

5. If im gonna do it, im gonna do it all the way, go big or go home lol. But thanks for the advice :p

6. #6 generalvape, Mar 16, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2009
    Robitussin CoughGels Long-Acting
    by Wyeth Consumer Healthcare
    Active Ingredients (per softgel):

• DXM HBr 15mg.
    I'd have to take 2 times the amount of pills for the same amount of dxm, And the Zicam pills are DXM only aswell, but thanks for the advice

Oh, another question, would their be a difference in the experience if I took something that had "Long -Acting" in the title?

7. I think if it says long acting, its usually polistrex, not hydrobromide. It wont really matter though dude.

8. To my knowledge only delsym uses polisterex

9. plug the caps it gets you soooo fuuuucked uuuup..

That means shove it in your butt

10. Ok, that would make sense then. Say, how good is a delsym trip? compared to robo of course.

11. Was that the inspiration for you user name? :p

Don't shove DXM up your asses kids.

12. DXM Extraction>Zicam Max Spray>Robo Gels>Robo Max>Delsym. ;)

13. Yes. This.

14. #14 generalvape, Mar 16, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2009
    By the spray do u mean the little bottles that u spray into the back of your throat? and if so, it says that it delivers about 5mg of dxm per spray, so i'd have to spray 75 times?

15. yes. of the zicam variety

16. Its a slightly different product from those antiseptic throat numbing sprays. I didn't knmow the cough melts had that much dxm in them. Would they be fine to swallow? I might try them out, they certainly sound like a good option. How much are they?

17. Not sure how much they cost, but, how do you mean they are slightly different, wouldnt i still have to spray it like 70 times to get that much mg of dxm, seems kind of annoying :s

18. Nah you just down the whole bottle...hold your nose and chase it because that shit is nasty. it's only like a shots worth of liquid though...so it's easy

19. The zicam spray has DXM in it, the analgesic Vicks spray is for sore throats, not coughs, and has no dxm or very little and is nasty. We are talking abhout Zicam cough max mist that comes in little bottles and you can drink whole. Its hard to find and kinda expensive though

20. Oh I see, but How would you know how much you are taking, does it say it on the label how much dxm/ml there is? Because on the side I saw it , it only says how much dxm per spray.