Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Where do you buy mason jars?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Stash Box' started by swmr, Mar 14, 2009.

1. #1 swmr, Mar 14, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2009
    Title says it. Where the fuck do you buy em?! haha.

Walmart, Home Depot, Jo-Ann Fabrics, Stop and Shop (grocery store), Party City, local headshop, and the local hardware store. They all have something in common, and it sure as hell is NOT mason jars.

So any tips on where I can find one? And I am not trying to spend 15 dollars on an empty jar just because it says gravitron or something. I will if I need to (thats why I went to the headshop), but I am looking to pick something up today, for a reasonable price.

So dealers, buyers-of-bulk, and those who make your own preservatives, where can I buy em?

UPDATED List of where they are NOT sold in my town:
    Three grocery stores
    Home Depot
    Walmart (two different ones)
    Party City
    Jo-Ann Fabrics
    Two different dollar stores
    Headshop

And in the grocery stores, there we no pickles or jellies or anything that used mason jars and could fit an ounce. Or a half ounce for that matter.

I don't know why, but I just can't freakin find any.

2. Just buy some sort of jam. That way you get some tasty jam and a new mason jar :)

3. Suprised Wally World doesn't carry them, I picked some up from my local Dollar General.

4. Can't buy online. Need em today for traveling...

I too am suprised about walmart, and the hardware stores.

5. if you have a Winco go there. youc an get big packs of jars for cheap. also goodwill is a good place to go. thrift stores too.

6. Try Target, though they're overpriced - I saw some last time I went.

But if you really want to do it right, it's a Saturday; go to garage sales and pick em up for a dime each!

7. any grocery store bud

8. thrift store my man.

9. Grocery stores in my town didn't have them...the last place I can think of that I didn't go to or ask about is a dollar store.

PS. its a pain in the ass to empty out three brand new jelly jars and clean them just for the jar. That is a last resort...

10. They are in Wal-Mart...

Check in the cooking gadgets section. They aren't technically mason jars, but they work just as well, and are very cheap.

11. #12 dosboot, Mar 14, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2009
    wolves is right, they are stocked by walmart. They are just canning jars, Mason is just the name of the guy who invented them. There are Kerr jars, Ball jars, etc. We just call them Mason jars. :)

They are supposed to be around the cooking appliances, but they can be hard to find sometimes. In my walmart, they were in the hardware section(!). You might have to ask an employee or two before you can find them there, but they should be there.

Good luck. :)

12. Buy a jar of pickles and empty it.

13. Maybe Walmart in my town sucks, but two employees couldn't find them and I did look in the kitchen and cookware sections of both Walmart and the grocery store.

Guess I'll keep looking

14. Try a hardware store.

15. End of the day, stores closed, and no success...

Time to go smoke so much I forget why I need jars. Or smoke so much so that I don't need jars.

16. from your local jar dealer. they got regular jars for 5 a jar....or the dank ones for 30.

17. if only that were the case

18. Dude I work at stop n shop and I know we got 'em, I stock that shit :wave:

19. Ahem.

Kroger.

/thread