Mr. Farmer's Unstable Environment, 400W HPS, organic ....

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Mr. Farmer, Mar 13, 2009.

1. looking killer bova!

2. Good idea with the stakes, it looks much better. :hello: Keep it going man!

While I'm thinking of it, when you do an organic grow, does that imply that you mixed all the organic "food" into the soil, and then you just have to water it? Or do you make teas from organic nutrients to feed every once and a while? Thanks!

3. I'm beginning to wonder just how organic I am right now. My Earth Juice nutes are all organic, no doubt about it. But I'm not sure if CalMag+ or SuperThrive are considered organic or not. They are sythesized supplements, but what does that mean...?

My soil is really basic. I go high in perlite so I get good drainage. I add worm castings for some added umphhh early in the plants life, then the rest is just a nutrient free potting mix. I haven't gone so far as to make any "teas" yet, but I think you could consider my EarthJuice, SuperThrive and molasses mix a tea of sorts.

I'm still figuring it all out myself. Someday I'll probably be a long haired, bearded one-with-the-earth grower, but that all takes time.....and money.

4. I grow organic....heres a good argument that makes sense though.

When your growing in containers, going organic is almost pointless unless you have a plot of soil you are conditioning outside the garden and then using that inside the pots.
    When adding all these organic supplements we are using, they dont do alot for the plants when they are in containers. If we were growing a plot of land/soil outdoors and adding all this stuff and eventually building up the soil to be strong and rich it would make more sense.
    The compounds need to be broken up and absorbed with time and micro organisms become active in this soil.

Thats why making teas is a good thing....letting the guanno or worm castings sit for a few days in a sealed container allows for the decomposition to get a head start. When you open the containers you can see hear and smell the gasses leaving the container. These have been released by the heat and activity of the micro organisms in the tea.

If your just throwing a bunch of stuff in and not letting it "warm up" its not going to be as bennificial.

by the way...I rarely have time to let my teas go for more than a day or two. So Im in the same boat as you.

get a few one gallon jugs...throw a tablespoon of guano in it put the cap on it shake it and let it sit for a couple days....then add all the other goodies to this sludge.

organic or not, superthrive is only being added one drop per gallon so ...I think your ok

5. Something like this, hyrd? :D

IMG_2730.jpg

I usually aerate for 24 hours.

So, I got to researching what exactly I am feeding my plants and well, it turns out that I am using a tea.

EJ Bloom includes:

bat guano
    seabird guano
    kelp
    sulfate of potash
    steamed bone meal
    oat bran
    rock phosphate

Also turns out the three birds are big fans of EJ as well. Here's a 12-page guide they put together on using it. 3LB Guide to Earth Juice | Cannabis Chronicles

Attached Files:

6. I use hooks too. I bought some wire and use wire cutters to just cut as many hooks as I need. It is by far better than strings as you are able to hold them better. They stay in the soil with no problem at all.

Grow is awesome bro!

7. hey Farmer thought i'd drop by and try to redeem my self a bit. i should know better than to communicate with the outside world before my morning cup of coffee and a good smoke!:rolleyes:

anyway, plants are looking super good man. those colas are really filling in nicely!

the EJ Bloom sounds like some good stuff. sounds like hydr1 is a wealth of knowledge on this kind of stuff.

keep up the good work bro.

peace,

freez:smoking:

8. thats what needs to go on Mr. Farmer...are those your pics >?

look over at newgrowerNY s journal...I just dropped a load on info on humic and fulvic acids, the origins and bennefits. It will open new doors...I promise!:rolleyes:

9. #49 Mr. Farmer, Apr 21, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2009
    All growth is going pretty slow right now. Had temps up to 87* for a day which caused The Claw to rear it's ugly head, just on a few fan leaves though. Since then I've been running the A/C. Also switched to R/O water with the occassional feeding of CalMag. Leaves have really softened up since. Just need to get everything dialed in.

14 Days old, fresh from a transplant
    IMG_2750.jpg
    IMG_2769.jpg

39 Days of Pistils, can't wait to see what the next 30 days will bring
    IMG_2759.jpg

Started a new outdoor project.
    IMG_2735.jpg = :smoking:

Attached Files:

10. Here's what I have in mind for my grow list this fall.

Gonna kick it off with an auto to make sure I have some X-Mas bud.

blueryder-cannabis-seeds.jpg
    \t\t
    Lowryder Blue Ryder *NEW STOCK*

Genetics: Masterlow x Blueberry (DJ Short)
    Variety: Indica / Sativa / Ruderalis
    AKA: Blue Streak
    Type: Unstable Hybrid
    Harvest Date: 2.5 months from sowing when Auto-flowering
    Flowering Period: 6 weeks
    THC Content: Unknown
    No. of Seeds Per Packet: 10
    Characteristics: Fruity Lowryder Hybrid.

100% autoflowering plant is now ready and available only through High Bred. Lowryder aim was to create an autoflowering strain with Blueberry characteristics in appearance and taste. Hats off to a Cannabis pioneer, we think you've done it! Life cycle is 8 weeks from seed to bud. Blue Streak is Dj Shorts Original Blueberry Female crossed to Master Low Male, and then resulting females crossed again to Master Low Male.

A couple of nice sativas-

La_Nina_2_medium.jpeg

Mr Nice - La Nina (Regular)

A family member that had previously been kept private for The Family. Known also as El Nino (Bio Cup 98 HTCC) but it is better as a female therefore the name change to La Niña. It manifests characteristics that are predictable, contrary to her previous name implies. She has a genetic composition of Haze x Widow, making her an inevitable candidate for a hot love story with her consumer. Those who grow La Nina will be in for a happy end product and a delightful growing experience…so let the seed take you on a journey!
    Strain name: La Niña
    Family of breed: Brazilian sativa/South India x Haze
    Breeder: Shantibaba's
    Preferred medium: Bio and hydro, indoors, outdoors/greenhouse
    Expected yield: indoor 450-550 g/m2 g/h & outdoor g/plant dependent on climate.
    Flowering period: Indoor expect it to be ready 56-70 days. In the North/hemisphere it will be ready by October and in the South/hemisphere it will be complete by April.
    Recommendations: For the inexperienced growers to the most advanced cultivator.
    Special Notes: A winner of the HTCC in 98, know also as El Niño. Also a very hardy and reasonable practical hybrid.

Jack_Flash_7_medium.jpeg

Sensi - Jack Flash #5 (Feminized)

Continuing the tradition of improving on our best work, Sensi Seeds is delighted to present Jack Flash – an all-female version of Jack Herer´s direct descendant!
    To create Jack Flash, Herer´s sublime gene-pool was refined, reinforcing desired traits through back-crossing. Over multiple generations, our favourite Herer mother was infused with a precise blend of Super Skunk and Haze, undergoing rigorous selection and testing at every stage.
    By altering this program only slightly and adding a unique ‘father´ plant to the mix in the final stage, we have been able to produce Jack Flash – a reliable, consistent, feminised variation on our spectacular Jack Flash. Jack Flash has the bulk and vigour of her Afghani-Skunk ancestors without sacrificing any of Herer´s sumptuous Haze high. In isolating this particular balance of traits, the four common phenotypes of Jack Herer are reduced to two recurring forms in Jack Flash, representing the contrasting sides of her heritage.
    The Indica form is compact enough for SOG, with rapid and highly distinctive bud development. Calyxes swell to outrageous sizes, piling atop each other to form resin-saturated ropes which build into multi-point crowns on terminal buds.
    The Sativa-dominant Jack Flash is a truly world-class example of cannabis. Growers with space for medium-to-large plants will be astounded by this phenotype – her flavour, yield and mind-body potency are virtually unparalleled. Significant height gain in flowering, paired with the ability to completely fill out with solid, running, Skunk-Haze bud means that best results are seen in when Jack Flash´s Sativa form is allowed to finish at 1m or taller. While most members of the Sensi family rate Northern Lights#5 x Haze or Jack Herer as their all-time favourite ganja, Jack Flash is another serious contender for the title and is steadily gaining ground on the two world champion Sativas.
    Flowering: 55-75 days
    Yield: 125g
    Height: 140-160cm

One for the master-

Jorge_Diamonds_3_medium.jpeg

Dutch Passion - Jorges Diamonds #1 (Feminized)

We are pleased to work together with Jorge Cervantes in our mutual project: “Jorge's Diamonds”. The many grow books, DVD's and articles Jorge Cervantes published in the past 25 years in 9 languages, have helped growers worldwide to cultivate some of the best marijuana in the world. Now growers can grow Jorge's Diamonds #1 and take full advantage of the fruits of Jorge's collaboration with his old friends at Dutch Passion Seeds. The genetics of the strain were selected by Jorge from the 25 year old “Research Gene Pool” of Dutch Passion.
    Jorge's Diamond is a unique resin-packed indica-dominant strain that is potent, sweet, flavourful and incredibly smooth smoking. The rare indica-dominant genes are mixed with just the right amount of sativa to give the smoke a very strong soaring long-lasting high. The exceptional taste and aroma are fruity and sweet. The insatiable taste is sweet and similar to wild honey smothered in raspberries. The strain is almost maintenance free, also spider mites and other pests know to leave Jorge's Diamonds #1 alone.
    Medical note: By Thin Layer Chromatography the THC percentage was calculated at 16 to 18%, while the strain (medical note) is high in THCV, CBD and CBN
    THC: 16 – 18 %
    Flowering period: 8 – 9 weeks
    Yield artificial light: 200 – 500 gram/ m2
    Harvest time outdoor: 15 Oct.

And the ever popular GHS genetics for some serious variety-

greenhouse-marijuana-seeds-indica-mix(1).jpg

Green House Indica Mix H Feminised

Greenhouse feminised cannabis seeds indica mix H GREAT WHITE SHARK- LEMON SKUNK - WHITE RHINO - TRAIN WRECK - CHEESE . 5 pack contains 1 of each seed ten pack contains 2 of each seed colour coded

Coloured feminized marijuana seeds with a revolutionary coating which contains an anti-pathogene & root stimulator.

11. I just dropped an order for some

femed bluberry (dj short supplies dutch passion with blueberry)

blue moonshine

jorges diamonds!

your almost thinking just like me.

why would you want that auto strain...you will lose alot of size...if you have the room grow big normal strains

12. Speed, my brother, and x-MAS weed. I wouln't be growing while I suffer through the summer, so I want something quick to get me back in action this fall. Plus it is possible to get good yield from autos, just look at Gizmoe's work. I've also seen grow journals with 4' Blue Ryders, so it should be all good.

13. Decisions, decisions. Blue Ryder or Smurfberry?? For around the same price, I can get 10 regular BRs or 5 fem SBs.

Sagamartha Seeds Smurfberry Automatic Feminized *NEW STOCK*

Named after her Blueberry influence, Smurfberry has risen to the top of the Blueberry type autoflowering plants. All the blueberry traits familiar with that notorious strain have been preserved with this hybrid.

High density specimens are popular and is a must as with most autoflower breeds and she is no exception. When people want to have all the best then Smurfberry should be in your nest. Satisfying and sensual she evokes alpha waves.

5 Feminized Cannabis Seeds per pack

14. Veg box is evolving.
    Can hold temps pretty steady when I have it set up right,
    but doesn't take much to swing temps 15 degrees +/-.

IMG_2784.jpg

Freesel IMG_2777.jpg

IMG_2774.jpg

Attached Files:

15. Good luck man! Ill be watching

16. #56 Mr. Farmer, May 2, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2009
    The girls are really starting to shine up!!

Trichs on the taller, skinnier plant are somewhere round 75%cloudy,25% clear. Fan leaves are yellowing and dying off pretty fast, plus I want alot of bud for Memorial Day weekend, so right now I'm going to plan on harvesting her on the 14th. I went FIM overboard on her so she has lots of smaller buds compared to her counterpart.

Now on the other hand, I couldn't be more happy with skinny bitches sister. I got lucky and FIMd/Topped just enough to still give me some decent size buds. From the sugar leaf I pulled, trichs look to be 50/50. This girl is taking her sweet ass time and I plan to give it to her.

IMG_2810.jpg
    IMG_2822.jpg

Attached Files:

17. Holy crap! :eek: Those have reallllly filled in! Looking really good. My two girls are 31 days in flower and have a zillion bud sites, but they're all pretty weak right now. No signs of trichs yet, either. Yer girls have come a long way in the last few weeks. Looking forward to reading about the harvest. Great job, bro! :)

18. #58 Mr. Farmer, May 4, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2009
    Thanks for the props man. These girls really take their time but round week 6 they start to pop. They are also smelling pretty fragrant right about now. It's hard to put a finger on it but it's sort of like lemon pinesol. The test buds reminded me of a sage Indian smudge stick when burnt.

I'm really up in arms about what to harvest next week. The 14th is about the latest I could chop to have some bud semi-cured for Memorial Day weekend but my gut is telling me she wouln't be ready yet. I have alittle stash already but some fresh PowerSkunk would be o so nice to have. I might just end up doing 5-6 branches and let the rest finish up. On the other hand, I'm gonna be putting the 2 NLs and Freesel into flowering soon, so I could use the room. Uuuggghhh. :) IDK.

19. #59 hydr1, May 4, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2009
    Id cute her down man...75% cloudy....they are going to continue to ripen and cloud or amber another 10% after the chop.....cut it down !

P.s. I dont usually say that to anyone...I tell everyone to wait a week

20. #60 Mr. Farmer, May 5, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2009
    Yeah man, I had the girls out tonite for water and cleaning and I think you're right. I'll give her 2-10 more days (lol) and skinny bitch is coming down. I was worried I might lose a ton of growth but I'm afraid I already did by over-Fimming.

This is about the best she has to offer, but there are somewhere around 20-25 of these tops on her. :D

FIMd out.jpg

Here's a few decent shots of Venus while I had her out. She has something like 13 fingers on her.

Nice Finger.jpg

Side bud.jpg

Attached Files: