drop your glass pipe? how to fix it.

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by Hash Browns, Mar 11, 2009.

1. Not bad, its not often though that everyone gets a crack as clean as that one. nice job

2. yeah heating up apoxy and then inhaling it??
    not a fuckin good idea
    just go buy a new peice
    they are really cheep and you shouldent be buying a really expensive peice in the first place because they will all eventually break in my experiance

3. the epoxy on the sherlock really doesn't heat up to a point that you are actually inhaling it. I haven't had any problems with it so far and its been almost a year since its been fixed.

4. When mine broke it was a clean break so i set it together and then jb welded the out side not to get any on the inside or near the bowl the outside wont get hot enough to cause any problems

5. In your experience.
    Some of us take care of our pieces :)

I suggest that if you're going to have an expensive piece (which every true stoner should have), then you leave it at home, and only smoke it with people you trust to smoke it with you. If I had a pricey piece I would smoke it with myself and my best friend, who I trust with my piece completely. I would not bring my piece out where it could fall of my lap onto the blacktop *cringe*.

Mega props to the OP for this thread and nice fix on chameleon. I'll remember this product in case I ever need it.

6. Got a dumb question for you. Is there any weird after taste from the quiksteel? A friend of mine has a glass pipe with a crack in it and alot of the smoke is lost because of the crack. So, we were wondering how to fix it, or if it can be fixed. Any help would be great. Thanks:wave:

7. I was devestated 2 days ago when I broke my favorite bubbler, and went to buy a new one the same day. I ended up buying a sick ass double bubbler for a very low price of $39.99! I was pleased with my purchase. Besides one thing, the way the double bubbler sits, it is very similiar to this[​IMG] But it was very unstable. Any disturbance of what it stands on, and it starts to wobble, possibly toppling over!
    Long story short, I got caught up on my laptop charger chord, which the laptop is onthe coffee table, that the double bubbler was on, and it falls over, and breaks. The top where the bowl piece goes in, broke off the pipe.

I'm even more devestated and pissed off at myself that I broke TWO pieces in a weeks time! WTF.

As soon as it broke and I collected myself, I find this post sying to use QuikSteel and I ran to the store and got some.

I just completed putting BOTH broken pieces together.

The Quiksteel is definitely not pretty. Lol.

But I hope they both work...

1 hour left for the cure.

8. i once fixed my nice bubbler with this stuff, just like new however i wouldn't even mess with it if it was close to your bowl even if it can withstand up to 500 degrees

9. One of the bubblers I repaired was broken into 3 pieces. The bottom half that holds the water broke off and the stem inside broke off at the bowl. I put it back together and it works but the part that is the bowl area, will that affect my smoking? I loaded a bowl and it tasted fine. Had another and greens was Harsh as hell and didn't taste right. Is it the epoxy burning and is my pipe a loss?

10. You're lighter burns at around 843 degrees Fahrenheit.

11. cool story bro

12. So that means I'm inhaling burning Quiksteel?

13. No. Back in 2008 my brother made a sobe bong with a downstem and bowl from the head shop, he used epoxy putty around the downstem hole to make sure its air tight and she smoked like a charm clean smooth hits too :cool:

14. Sounds like a fucking ad to me...
    Did you get paid for this bro?

15. Throw it in the gutter and go buy another!!!:smoke:

16. It says it sets in 4 minutes..... not an hour.

17. Pretty much what I was getting at. I was assuming that the break would be much closer to the bowl.

Nice fix, man!

18. haha, greens hits in general usually have a more distinct flavor than the rest of the bowl and can be harsh depending on the bud. we used to wonder if the bud tasted weird after joining the pipe back together too, but i think it was just some initial paranoia about the idea of smoking from a pipe thats been glued together.
    its probably fine, but an easy way to check if its getting too hot is to put your fingers on the part where you glued the pipe as youre smoking it. if it gets hot enough to burn your fingers then its probably not safe. if it feels warm or cool then you should be just fine. imagine touching a metal pizza dish you just took out of a 400 degree oven; it would burn the shit out of your fingers. the stuff is made to be stable up to 500 degrees, so unless your repair is very close to the bowl or is being exposed to direct flame it should be fine.

lol, no i didnt get paid for this, but if anyone wants to send me a bowl for helping them fix their pipe or something like that..... ;)

19. buuuut the epoxy is ACTUALLY through the bowl piece.
    It broke a chunk out of the bowl at the stem and then up.
    So There is epoxy all the wall from about the top point of the bowl down to the base and down the stem, sad... :(:(:(:(:( It was my favorite piece.:hide: