Bubble bucket hydro method 101

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by Big Poppa Puff, Feb 20, 2004.

1. Idk I run one air pump for mine, and as you can see fat bud formation.

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

2. im actually thinking of doing this next grow since its been awhile for me I did 2 soil grows and finally might just nut up and try this seems pretty simple

3. Does anyone know of (BCNL)
    A company selling stealth hydro boxes?

4. Black airline tubing is available cheap at kensfish.com

Sent from my LT30at using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. Like the thread nice one BPP, +rep!

Been growing soil with no problems until i started with autos! They seem a bit finicky with my soil mix, so decided to go with a BB see if they do any better!

Any how i just knocked me one of the BBs up this afternoon, took me about 10 mins (and another 10 to foil it up, only had a clear bucket to hand)
    Cost was a grand total of 70p for a net pot, as i had everything else laying around :)

Now to the point....
    I read clay pebbles need to be buffered and i don't have any regular gravel that i can use.... However i do have a bag of Perlite... People use it as a grow medium in things like hempy buckets, smart pots etc

So is Perlite suitable with a BB? (Just wanted to double check as i haven't heard anyone using it with a BB before!)

6. please elaborate I'm interested

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

7. #528 HardDickensCider, Jun 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2014
  8. Genetic mutation most likely, that happens quite often with heavily crossed plants!

Also it looks like that fan leaf is right on the main stem without a side shoot first... Or is that just the way the pic was taken?

9. #530 HardDickensCider, Jun 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2014
    Your right. It's a single leaf coming off the main "trunk" (if that's the right thing to call it lol) I can't wait to see how it looks when it's rdy to harvest. One big bud sticking out if the middle of a leaf. Ya your prob right. It was a bag seed so who knows what it's genetics are.

10. Need some advice. I have 2 different strains growing in the same BB. One's tricombs are almost 50 percent red and the others are still pure white. When do I start flushing? Should I wait for the white bud to developers red hairs or do u flush now? ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1404853589.276850.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1404853596.941643.jpg

11. #532 Stoned_Stew_UK, Jul 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2014
    Hmm, looks like there are still a lot of clear trichomes on there! The colour of the hairs (pistils) is less important.
    You want a good magnifying glass or a jewellers loupe x30 or higher.

You want pretty much all the trics at least milky/white before harvest for a heady/buzz type high or 50-70% white and 30-50% amber for a narcotic/ couchlock high!

12. #534 HardDickensCider, Jul 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2014
    Thanks guys. I have a 30x mag glass just need to find the tricombs now. Guess I was gauging it by the colors of the hairs, not the ball looking things lol. I'm a noob still :)

13. the trichomes are the little white looking things that make the leave and bud look like they are covered in sugar!

they look like tiny mushrooms under a scope or loupe!

The hairs are an indicaor that its getting close to finish and when they start going red/brown its time to keep an eye on the trics!

14. Ohhhh ok. So tricombs are on the leaves not the hairs. That makes things A LOT easier. Thnks again!

15. Yep, and the buds!

16. Here is a good pic to illustrate... This is one of the plants from my last grow!

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1404908936.321490.jpg

17. How close should the bottom of the net pot be to the water?

"Where's the feast I was promised'

18. if its a seedling you want the water somewhere around 1" to 1.5" below the net pot, so that there is just a little 'splashed' water hitting the bottom of the pot as the bubbles break the surface.

When the roots have grown down into the water you can top up the res so that its touching, or even an inch or so up the net pot!