Bubble bucket hydro method 101

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by Big Poppa Puff, Feb 20, 2004.

Don't check, test the stuff you add as the plant drinks it up. you add perfect solution.

2. there are a couple methods. Some attach a tube to the bottom of the bucket and keep it pointing up until they need to test, drain, add nutes etc. Some use an access hole in the lid. Some lift the lid up or transfer to different buckets. You could also use a pump

Sent from my LG-LS840 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. From what I've heard lifting the lid doesn't damage the plant and the roots like the air.

I dont have experience under my belt so I'd like to get some exact numbers. Your method seems to run on averages. After a year or so Ill get on your level and grow with averages.

I was thinking of an access hole. That's what I'm currently doing.

5. Scrog and hydro seem like the perfect match for kick ass plants. another method would be attach the screen to the bucket lid and lift the whole works.

if you make it structurally sound you can lift the unit up, and swap buckets to a whole fresh res too.

6. To check the ph or ppm I use a syringe with a piece of air tube one it to suck up a sample through a hole in the edge of the net pot lid.  To change the nute solution I siphon out the old solution with a piece of air tubing through the same hole.  No need to move the res or the SCROG net.

7. Lots of great knowledge in this forum, BPP. Lots of respect to u
    Oly

8. #508 rapo9510, Apr 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
    I was thinking of doing this but haven't tried it .

Ive been trying to come up with like a 3d cage. 4 sides and a roof peice basically . You could run strapping across bottom over the net pots ..

You guys following me ? Anyone else ever try this ?

Im thinking you could benefit from really spreading her out getting great light penetration. .

check out my journal http://forum.grasscity.com/hydroponic-grow-journals/1287120-rapos-2400w-dwc-sealed-room.html

9. I think you would encounter a bunch of difficulty doing this cage thing.  It can be hard enough to get to the inside of a plant under a SCROG net to work on it if necessary.  I can't imagine getting into a box shaped cage to do anything to it.

10. The cage would be mounted to the net pot so you could moved the plant and cage preety easily I would think allowing access to thr rez

check out my journal http://forum.grasscity.com/hydroponic-grow-journals/1287120-rapos-2400w-dwc-sealed-room.html

11. When do you know when it's time to re-nute up? Is there a certain amount under the Original ppm measurement? Say when I did a water change and put fresh nutes in, and ppm was 600. When would you do a water change and/or add nutes? When ppm is down to 300? I've read do a water change when you have replaced 50% of the total water in the bucket but what about early in the grow when you don't go through almost any water?

12. Some people add nutes during top up every day or two replacing the amount of nutes that was ate. Some people top up with just water and only add nutes every week or two when they flush the system. I personally just add water and add nutes during flushes. I reccomend it because the plant won't uptake some nutrients and then you would be adding more of that nutrient to just stock pile in the res. If you add just water than there will be slightly less nutes but its still closer to the correct ratio. Also the plants develop a hunger for the nutes by the time you flush.

13. #513 HardDickensCider, May 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2014
  14. Hey dude hydro is no faster than soil but yields and quality are Easyer to control you don't need sea of green too much work in dwc if you want a similar method do a nice scrog with 1-4 plants that will be hard enough to take care of for a newbie I can tell you exactly how you want everything from your grow room to your buckets to where you'll keep a steady ph of 5.8 with no drops or rises if interested let me know I'll be happy to give you quality info

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

overwatering...needs more oxygen to the roots

16. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1401661114.571819.jpg

Week 1 of flower scrog method gunna be beauty's 818 head band, purple trainwreak, g13 cheese, and sage n sour all females drinking a gallon each every day I have a stead ph of 5.8 I don't have to check daily unless I add a lot of RO water and my roots are a beautiful thick white I'm very proud of these gurls

17. Do water change every 7 days and as for replace with strait water I use reverse osmosis water so ph doesn't fluctuate much and ph to 5.8 then I'm done

18. You need 1watt a gallon air pump to run bubble buckets FYI

19. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1401746308.199200.jpg ;-) DWC, bubblegum day 28

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

20. Isn't it liters or gallons of air per minute or hour?   What does electrical usage ,watts, have to do with it?,