Nirvana HK & Bubblicious

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by random.blurg, Mar 9, 2009.

1. a lot more pistils have been forming on the ps. i didn't really think to get pics of it, so you'll have to wait for tomorrow.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. #42 random.blurg, May 26, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2009
    ok so here's a pic of the power skunk's new pistils. i'm thinking this'll be day 1 flower for her.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

the clones
    [​IMG]
    both of these are from B7, one of the bubblicious still in veg.
    [​IMG]
    this is from the hindu kush i've still got (got rid of the other, genetics were no good)
    [​IMG]
    and the one on the front right of the first pic is from B6, the bubblicious in flower. i'm not sure if that one will make it. the hindu kush has done the best with cloning. of course, with only one i can't tell if this is strain/mother based or dumb luck.

one of the bubblicious moms has had some browning on some leaves and pale green new growth. this is the only problem i'm having. i'm hoping that when i get my g.h. flora i'll rid myself of some of the issues i've faced with earth juice.
    and i'll probably take a couple of cutting from the power skunk in the next couple of days so i can have a mom for that strain, too.

3. #43 random.blurg, May 31, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2009
    i'm still having a bit of trouble with the bubblicious in flower. it's a yellowing followed by burning at the tips, but it doesn't start at the bottom. it's the "older" newer growth(if that makes sense).
    i'm using extra strong earth juice as according to the bottle, in about 5 parts bloom 4 parts grow(no nitrogen in the bloom).
    i've had to use baking soda to adjust the ph. my nute mix goes in at about 5.8, but it's ej so i'm sure that it rides up as it sits in the reservoir.
    anyways, any ideas as to what this looks like it may be would be great.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. My "Number 2" bub pheno appears to be very nute-sensitive during flowering. I didn't have any problems following the Fox Farm Grow Big schedule during veg, but she just can't seem to handle the Big Bloom during flowering for some reason. The "Number 1" pheno is doing just fine, so maybe you've got the same type as my Number 2? Just a thought...
    Peace
    DM

5. you're probably right. the power skunk is getting the exact same treatment and is doing so much better. i'll just see what happens and hope the two bubbs i have in veg right now will do better in flower.

6. even with the trouble i've had there's some pretty good trich development
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    there's really not much new to show with the ps. some more pistils, but it seems to be an extremely slow developer.

7. went to the hydro store today and got some g.h. flora bloom/micro. got the hardwater micro cause of how high the ppm of my water is(about 250). i'm looking forward to giving the lucas formula a go.

8. Day 27 Flower
    Just started using the lucas formula. hopefully that'll work out better than earth juice.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Day 32 flower bubblicious:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Day 23 flower power skunk:
    [​IMG]

10. Sweet! The pistils on the power skunk look furry - I guess those rabbit genes you spliced in are working well... lol
    It looks like that bubblelicious is similar to my Number 1 pheno. They get laden with trichs, so it'll be a good show for sure. good stuff m8

11. how'd that pheno do as far as yield? this baby is absolutely covered in trichs, but isn't producing big buds. that's probably just from the nute burn in the beginning of flower, though. nugs are very dense, though. my mouth waters when i think that mid july is almost here and this girl will be coming on down.:smoking:

and more pics of the bubb, day 38 flower:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. lookin good, harvest should be fun.

Earth Juice is working great for us, maybe it could be something els wrong?

13. i feel like an ass saying it, but it was more my fault. i increased nute strength when i saw stress after transplanting into the last container, thinking it was an N deficiency. still making some newb mistakes, but learning.
    and i just like that g.h. flora is a lot easier to keep the pH where i want it, and i have a reference of where my ppm should be at with the lucas formula. i never got the hang of figuring out the ppm of ej(it seems really low for the stength i was using).

14. ahh, well you live and you learn.

Looks good though, should be some super sticky frosty nugs in a couple weeks.

15. oh yeah, it definitely will. i cut the smallest bud last night for a taste test. threw it in the oven, ended up w/ 3 bowls between 3 people and it was a great high. it's one of those "i think gravity just got 10x stronger" highs, great body high.

16. Pretty well, actually... The big one just got chopped a few days ago, and I'm expecting around 3 oz. or so once she's dry. Vegged for 2 months+ though...

I'm not 100% sure that you've got the same pheno there, but it looks very close; both in bud structure as well as leaf structure. No matter what, the trichomes just explode all over the place with this strain. I love it! :smoking: It looks like she's surviving just fine considering the earlier problems... Nice work!
    Peace
    DM

17. hey yeah, i forgot to congratulate you on your harvest! looked pretty sweet, man.
    these nugs are VERY dense. the most dense i've grown thus far. and i'm thinking that maybe the buds haven't gotten too big just because the plant is small. it's about a foot tall and has 12(well...11 now) tops. maybe she just maxed out for her size. a little over 2 weeks left, though. maybe she'll pack on a little more weight. i trimmed off all the lower popcorn that just wasn't getting anywhere, hopefully that'll put more energy into the top nugs.

18. That will definitely help some... I have one of those same phenos going right now, about the same size... actually, she's probably only 6" at her tallest point because I staked her down, and about 12" wide from a birds-eye view. I think she's around 5 weeks into flower right now, but I'd have to check my journal to be positive.

This pheno seems like it will go on forever at the end of flowering... Trichs start to turn amber while there are still new calyxes and trichs forming all over. I'm going to let my little Number 1 pheno go for as long as she can (before going completely amber of course).

19. #59 random.blurg, Jun 23, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2009
    i wish i could let 'em get bigger, but oh well. i checked the other night and there's no amber yet. it was about 50/50 clear/cloudy. i hope she doesn't want to go too long, i can't wait to chop her at the knees. but then again...if she wanted to keep going and producing who am i to stop her? and i'll def. be going for all amber as well, gotta love a good couch lock.

today was the last day the bubblicious gets any food. flushing from here on out. i keep thinking "shit, it's really that close?"

20. #60 random.blurg, Jul 7, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2009
    thursday will be two weeks of flushing and 8 weeks flowering for the bubblicious. she hasn't started to yellow yet and the older growth is 50/50 amber/cloudy, so i'm thinking she's got a couple weeks left. any opinions?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

somehow i fucked up when i sexed the plants and the hk was a dude. i threw another bubblicious in to flower to take his place.