Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Question regarding bong percolators

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Yulishea, Mar 4, 2009.

1. Not sure if this would go in this forum or the pieces forum... so feel free to move if it doesn't belong here!

But anyways, I've been in the market for a new bong, and I would like it to have a percolator. However, I have never seen a bong with percolator in person, only read about them and saw pictures online. My main question for the city is: How do you fill up a bong with 1 or more percolators? :confused: Do you have the fill up the bottom through the stem, or can you put the water in right from the top, and it will all even out on its own? For example, in this picture (http://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/500/1230148058239.jpg) the water is in the perc, stops, then has water in it again. I guess I just don't understand how this happens. I tried searching for similar topics on GC, but I didn't really find any besides 1, and it didn't help much.

I'm sure if I had seen one in real life I would understand, but... that's not the case :(

Thanks in advance!

2. Come on, I know at least one person in here has a bong with a perc... :smoking:

3. you cuold alwayd do it thru the downstem i guess

4. You just fill it from the top like any other bong and after a certain point the water drains through into the next chamber and into the bottom of the bong.

5. Sounds like the bong will do all the work for me, then?

I don't understand how the water stays in the perc though, if there's a hole that will drain it into the bottom of the bong... but if it does, it does. I just don't want to buy a bong with a perc, then not really know how to work it.

.. Sorry. Guess I'm just confused. But I'm sure I'll manage.

6. here's how you fill them.

1. Fill bottom thru downstem.
    2.Pour water in top of chamber, till perk is pretty full.
    3.Blow into the tube to equalize the water in the percs.

7. Okay! I figured you might have to fill through the downstem, but I wasn't sure. I didn't know if there was an easier way. Thanks.

8. haha i just baught one today i had the same problem
    i strugled to use it even burned my weed n got the hang of it i think ima try again lol.....
    i dont get the worm water and cold water

9. they get nasty and hard to clean i would get a nice small nothing off the wall see through one footer or something. with no perc. the hits will always taste better and it will be easier to clean.. theres nothing worse then a dirty bong:bongin:

10. Just buy a nice ash catcher/ precooler and buy an ice pinched bong. Then get a showerhead downstem

11. Hey man, once you see the bong in person, you'll understand how it works. You can keep pouring water into the top, and when the perc chamber is full enough, the water with pour into the next chamber. It's hard to explain, but when you see it happen, it's pretty easy. Just be careful to look at the level of the water in the bottom of the bong and stop oggling at the physics behind perculators, otherwise water is gonna squirt outta the bowl. I'd fill it short, because when you hit the bong, the water bounces around like fuck, and gets all mixed up and shit, so when you had a full perc chamber, half of the water has now gone through to the bottom chamber, if you fill it too full, it'll try to escape somehow.

Once you see it, you'll know what to do.

12. hey guys just wondering, is it the same deal for a single dome perc?

happy toking :bongin:

13. I seriously just fill the bottom chamber just barely enough until the diffused part of the downstem is submerged, then i fill the perks, and water will pour through to the bottom as the percs fill up

14. They do get a little dirty, but whenever I clean out my bong, I clean out my percolator too and it's still usable after 2+ years. Also if you are worried about cleanliness an ashcatcher might be a good choice so you can just buy a new one once it gets too filthy.

15. fill it in the top first then blow to even them out a little, then fill through the downstem

16. My bong has a single dome perc and you can pour water through the stem and then fill the perc or you can just fill the tube with water and the excess water will pas through to the base. Both work fine though. 

17. Pour water into the top, pour water into the bottom. 

18. Fill through downstem until water is half an inch to an inch above perc, fill through top until water level is similar on top perc.

No it won't do all the work for you. You could fill it through the top until it starts draining through then blow through to push some water through the top perc to get the levels back down to where you want it to be, but you're gonna be spraying water out the downstem at the same time doing that, or overfilling the bottom.

19. I have a single perk bong about 6 inches tall. I fill the tube and blow on it to equalize the pressure

20. I have a 2 chamber bubler. I fill the bottom through the stem fill the top through the top.