Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Resin = pure THC???

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Xanxibar, Mar 3, 2009.

1. this one time my buddy cleaned out his pipe for the first time ever.. got a small grape sized ball of resin.. smoked that shit and got pretty fuckin high

2. im pretty sure resin is alot of leftover carcinogins too.

3. It is mostly carcinogenic hydrocarbons. It's tar. It's the stuff you don't want in your lungs. It has some THC and other cannabinoid traces in it but it's mostly just toxins.

4. Yumm Resin... Enough of it will get you fairly high. To some people it's just not worth it though.

5. lol i laugh at people saying resine will not get you high ...
    I personally think that resine get you higher than weed but hey, its just my opinion lol

keep on toking:smoke:

6. OP pure THC would be the powder that slowly builds up over time when you grind weed. It's called kief and you have to grind a shitload of weed to get a good amount of it, but it will fuck you up once you smoke it.

7. Question: Say you have a ball of resin. Can you do a QWISO (or other method) in theory to get the cannabinoids extracted? It was just something I was thinking of in theory but wondered if anyone has done this.

8. Nope. All of the nasty carcinogens and pollutants are just as soluble in alcohol as cannabinoids are.

9. Depends. THC is oxidized to CBN, and heat usually speeds up oxidation so in reality most resin is pretty much all CBN, some THC and a bit more CBD than THC (CBD has a higher boiling point but will cyclize to THC). It's also a lot of nasty tar and PAHs (polyaromatic hydrocarbons). Not the healthiest shit, but not bad if you're outta weed. I like to smoke the resin left over from really Indica dank, tends to form this sticky shit that vaporizes perfectly and gets me mellowed out, but it's a bit less fun than bud and tends to put me to a sleep and wake up with a shitty headache.

Actually, and ethanol extraction might not be too bad. Really big hydrocarbons are only truly soluble in stuff like butanol and more lipophilic shit. Ethanol may or may not remove some of the bigger PAHs, but it's more than likely to carry some nasty volatiles along as well.

10. Definitely not pure THC like everyone has said but I'm not sure why people avoid resin like the plague. You'll be fine if you smoke it every 2-3 months or so (when I scrape my bowl) I understand It's not worth it to some but I wouldn't worry about smoking it.

But then again if I really cared so much about my health I would avoid cheeseburgers, fried foods, cigarettes, etc... (I'd also be vape exclusive lol)

11. I smoked resin before, it was a disgusting, 15 minute high. I wouldn't recommend it, but that's just my experience.

12. To answer the question no its not pure THC. Its around a third THC plus a bunch of other black gunk (not really tar, but definitely carcinogens. no more or less harmful to smoke than the weed that made it.)

First off if you're scraping resin from a water bong, and then you're ripping said resin from said water bong, the resin is getting just as filtered as when you took a rip from the weed that created the resin. A resin bong rip is no more unhealthy for you than a weed bong rip, but the THC is more concentrated so it feels like a much harsher toke.

Want to have the cool benefits of smoking resin without all the nasty taste and a much more overall satisfying high?

Take your ball of resin and roll it around in the kief (THC crystals, trichomes, tich, whatever) until the THC powder is packed all around the sticky resin ball like when you put flour on cookie dough. You can twist the resin around a bit to get as many trichomes on it as possible then take a screen and just stick it on. Put the screen in your bong's bowl, maybe sprinkle a little of your favorite tasting weed on top, and toke away. The headrush you get if you hold the smoke in is pretty intense and better than a mole rip (which is tobacco+weed)

Also, if anyone's having trouble getting resin out of their smoking equipment, heat it up with a lighter and then it will be easy to scrape it up with a cleverly maneuvered paper clip or something of the sort.

Oh, and you get sooo stoned from this, you just have no idea until you try it.

13. It's not even close to 1/3 THC, and they aren't crystals. So much misinformation in one post :laughing:

I automatically assume an Apprentice Toker when I see someone call trichomes 'crystals'. There's nothing crystaline about them.

14. #54 Sandcat, Jun 5, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2011

Chemdog is actually 13-15% THC.
    Shiva Crystals is 44%
    The Highest I know of is Honey Oil which comes in at a whopping 55.6%

I don't even think 100% THC would be pleasant. It would probably just make you puke and go to sleep...not sure about that, though.

15. When trichomes are growing on the plant they definitely look a bit crystally. It's much more pronounced than after the bud is dried so more people who make that comparison would be growers, so your assumption of people making that comparison being Apprentice Tokers is a bit silly. I don't know any Apprentice Toker Growers but maybe where you live is a bit different. If you really don't get the reference, get a good magnifying glass and check out the pistils on one of your skunky plants, looks like small clear sugar crystals during first good chunk of flowering. And kief definitely has similar visual traits to golden sugar so...

As for how much THC is in it, I was just trying to guess and neither of us know the real percentage because its highly based on what weed you were smoking in the first place, so to call it misinformation is also baseless. If you were smoking hash or some other really high THC percentage product the resin's THC percentage would be much higher as well.

And .5G of resin from my bong gets me higher than the .5G of the white widdow it was made from, which is going to be sitting around 20% THC, so to say it's "not even close" to 1\3 THC is not going to be a correct statement...

I automatically assume arrogance whenever someone comes rolling in with facts made out of thin air, and insulting assumptions based on one post on an online message board. Someone's post count on grasscity doesn't decide what level of knowledge they have to do with blazing.

16. Budder is a little overrated like it's something different. It is just high grade hash oil that's been whipped and properly processed.

17. Coming from this sometimes desperate housewife, this post is WIN.

Guys, it is shit. It tastes like shit. Its nasty and sticky, and if you scrap it, its hard as hell to get off your fingers/clothes. It's nothing CLOSE to pure TCH, not even good THC. But if you are jonesing and need something in a bad way, it will work in a pinch.

18. Resin left over from smoking is tar/burnt shit and very little thc