Homemade piece contest!! make it happen

Discussion in 'DIY and Homemade' started by skatethebowls, Mar 3, 2009.

1. i think we should have a homemade piece monthly contest like the milkshot one. Don't you homemade fanatics(spelling ?) agree?

2. No way Jose.

3. That'd be cool if there was a glass/metal only homemade thread. Tired of seeing the same old soda-bottle bongs.

Unless it already exists.

4. A buddy and i made a 6' bong out of PVC. cost about $15. it burnt my brain after one hit though. sumbitch...

Ill try and get pics soon and post it.

5. oh yea, i made a vaporizer out of a makers mark bottle and a soldering iron... i'll try and find all the components...

6. You would get more people doing this if you had a prize to offer. :cool:

7. Ok... only thing I couldnt find... was the bowl. I made a bowl out of a brass NPT fitting that slid right in the soldering iron.

BTW this cost me about $25 to make only because lowes only had expensive assed dimmers. home depot has much better prices on dimmers.

soldering iron - $14 go to wall mart or fred meyers or something like that.

Bowl - $2 i think? maybe cheaper.

Makers Mark Bottle... Already had one. Free fifty Free.
    (Sobe bottle was $2.50 and actually worked better. It fit the soldering iron PERFECTLY...)

dimmer - $10

My opinion...
    far better than a cheap digital vap, not nearly as good as an expensive vap.
    Glass is hard to drill without breaking when you are using wood drill bits haha.
    you need carbide or diamond tipped bits to drill glass easily.
    If you use a Sobe bottle, you do not need to drill at all. you just need to smack out the weakspot in the bottom of the bottle, same as when making a G-Bong out of a Sobe bottle.

Attached Files:

8. you know if you dont get the right soldering iron and if you dont take off certain pieces its incredible dangerous to smoke from. also your friends pvc pipe bong is toxic.

9. I'm down I have a couple nice bongs that I have made and wouldn't mind showing off:rolleyes:

10. Do tell about the soldering iron...

We used a glass slide. the plastic never even gets hot.

11. Yeah you can make the chamber out of whatever you want, as long as the bowl isn't plastic it should be fine.

I've never heard of a soldering iron being toxic before... especially since it's just a hot piece of metal that you use, none of it gets left behind or anything. I can't see why it would cause you any harm.

I would say you could make a contest BUT, there would have to be different restrictions every month. For example you have to use a specific material, or it must be multi-chambered or something. Also it would be way better if there was a prize but for that I figure people would also have to pay for entry. :p Still, I'd participate if somebody started one.

12. ^^ agreed on the restrictions/challenges...

maybe a month dedicated to snorkels or something

13. I like this idea. say for the 1st 2 weeks of each month we vote on ceratin things we want to see incorporated in to the design of the piece, then we have 2 weeks to build...

My friends do this exact same thing with art. they make the most goofy fucked up illustrations, and they always come out creative.

Obviously the people that know how to blow glass would have an advantage... I can deform and shape it, but i cant blow it :(

14. I could see it being bad for you if the iron didnt have interchangeable tips, and you were using an iron that had been used for soldering. especially solder with a rosin core.:eek:

15. Attached Files:

16. My oil rig, gotta love that honey.

Sent from my HTC One using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

17. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1395770520.200627.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1395770531.282836.jpg

Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum

18. Builders gather

Sent from my N9510 using Grasscity Forum mobile app