Septy's Ultimate Guide to Vaporizers

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by septumus, Feb 28, 2009.

1. Yup. Fastest heat-up time of any vape on the market. It's not for everyone, no vape is, but if a quick heat-up time is a top priority, then this little puppy should be at the top of your list.

2. Thanks, this is gonna help me decide which one i want for when college rolls around next year.

3. #43 BL0TT0, May 17, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2009
    HIGH!
    New here, and this is my first post.
    I thought it would be good to explain my home made set-up, see if it helps with your guide!
    This is so easy I wonder why no one has thought of it before, but what I did was:

Take an old metal pipe with a bowl cap on it, and stuff the cap full of stainless steel screens. Load it full of herb, and put a screen on top of that. Screw on the lid, and rip until you taste the vapor, and stop lighting it, then suck REALLY hard, and BAM yer high as hell, no matter what's in it.

Takes a bit of getting used to hitting(if you do it wrong your weed burns), but once you got it down, it works supremely well, is portable, and easy to clean/replace screens. Been using this set-up for about 4 months now. My pipe was a freebie from a friend, and the screens are a buck a pack! So ffor me it was one US dollar to make. If you bought the pipe, and screens it would probably cost you around 15 bucks!

Ta Duh! Redneck Vaporpipe!

4. Or you can get glass for $20 ;) Grasscity - Eagle Bill Pipe

A lot of Headshops will sell these for pretty cheap, if you don't wanna buy online.

5. Yeah, well, mine is indestructible! :p

6. If you want to vape while hiking, the Iolite would be your best choice.

Personally, the ONLY way that I could justify the price of a 'Cano, is if it was going to be used as a party vape. Otherwise, the VaporBros would work just as well, and in some peoples opinions, better in that the vapor to air ratio is higher which equals thicker, richer vapor hits.

7. With the vapor brothers, do you have to break up the weed like as if you were packing a bowl? like removing the seeds/stems, or can you just throw a small nugget inside the chamber and flip the switch and inhale??

also is the vapor bro's scent less smoke?

8. Any thoughts on the iolite portable vape?

It's supposedly an effective portable, electric vape. I want one, but not if it's not going to be truely effective like a plug-in vape.

[​IMG]

9. I've had my VaporBros vape for a little over two years now so I'll try to explain some of this.

If you're going to spend the cash to get a vape, spend a little more and MAKE SURE YOU GET A GRINDER! I can't stress this enough. When I first got my vape from a friend, I didn't have a grinder, so I used to either break it up, or just put a small nug in there. Just believe me when I say your smoking experience will be MUCH MUCH MUCH better if you grind the weed. I have no real way of saying why, it just works MUCH better.

As far as scent goes, there is a very small smell, but it's nowhere near the smell or density of smoke. I used to use mine in a VERY strict dorm and never had any problems, though.

10. I used one once. I can't say it was as good as my vape bros, but it definitely did the trick. IDK what it is about hooking that hose up to that box, but there's just something about sitting down and vaping for a while... that might be why I didn't like the Iolite as much.

11. Do you have it at the right temp? You're not just barely turning it on or cranking it up, are you?

12. You really don't need a grinder. A pair of stainless scissors and a shot glass would work just as well, and the reason that either works better than just putting in a small bud in is that by grinding or cutting, you're exposing more surface are of the bud to the high vape temps. More surface area exposed equals more vapor.

13. I've never done that myself, but the $30 I spent on a grinder 2 years ago is worth it's weight in gold. I can't imagine sitting there cutting it up, I'd rather just throw it in and grind it up.

14. I have a titanium SpaceCase. Does a great job for grinding up bud for a bong or spoon, but for a vape, I need a consistent finer grind than the grinder can provide, so a scissors and a shot glass actually works better for me. I then pour the contents from the glass to the top of the screen on my SpaceCase for some keif collection.

15. great guide

+rep

16. Hey everyone.. i didnt wanna waste this on a thread so this is the perfect thread to ask. Im thinking about getting this portable vape. Vapir Mini Oxygen Vaporizer v2.0 @ GOTVAPE.com Its called Vapir Mini Oxygen Vaporizer 2.0

17. Yes, but it would be better if you could wait till it's dry.

18. Many reports of:
    Leaking vapor
    Plastic taste
    Fluctuating temperature controller

Add to this that the manufacturer doesn't have enough faith in their product that they only offer a 90 day warranty on it, I'd stay away from it.

19. my best friend has one of these, get the battery pack... trust me, you'll love this thing when you do. its great to take to events like concerts, fairs, before the movies, etc. just hide it inside a cup and the mouthpiece looks like a straw out of the top... its our own VapeCup. its pretty great.

idk if this has been posted but i have this vape, and it kicks ass. omg i love it so much

V Tower Extreme HERBAL VAPORIZER | Vaporizers Giant | Cheap Vaporizers Wholesale Prices | Volcano Air2 Vapir

20. #60 dmanshead, Oct 15, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2009

I haven't used them personally but the easy vape can be had for about 60 bucks free shipping. I have seen them in the stores and they look pretty durable. I may get one myself, I bought an ultimate vapor machine and had problems with it. These are the hands free variety which I highly suggest.
    The heater itself would probably have been fine but it has a metal glass assembly for the whip. The metal piece was put on upside down and had to use too much heat to vape, being the weed was in the metal tube and far from heat, caused the bracket to burn away from the box. What an experience into vaping, had to buy a new whip and need to replace the heater. Long story short the gluer at the factory inhaled too many fumes and screwed the whip up so I can't blame the heater.