Septy's Ultimate Guide to Vaporizers

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by septumus, Feb 28, 2009.

1. nice guide dude. but replace the Silver Surfer with Da Buddha, which is its cheaper counterpart. there are literally no differences except the Silver Surfer is on an angle, and has a glass knob as opposed to a solid metal one. and Da Buddha is only $150, which makes it $450 less than the Volcano.

2. Depending on the vaporizer you can definitely get a buzz with just a few hits easily. If you are using really quality herb I could see a one hit buzz being likely especially if you use a hotter temperature than usual (i.e. 400). That would cause the vapor you get to be extremely dense and therefore containing more THC.

Thanks for pointing that one out! I had forgotten about the Silver Surfers more affordable brother when making up the suggested vapes :smoking:

3. Updated the suggested vaporizers section to include a portable.

4. #24 lwien, Mar 3, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2009
    There is one big difference that you failed to mention. The design of the heat exchanger in the Silver Surfer will give you a higher vape to air ratio than that of the Buddha but it also means that you have to move your wand around a bit more to vape all your herb.

The Silver Surfer also, does not come standard with a ground glass connection for hands free use as the Buddha does.

The Silver Surfer also has a lot more options for customization.

5. #25 lwien, Mar 3, 2009
    If you a single hit buzz kind of person, check out the Purple Days Vape. It has the smallest bowl of ANY vape on the market...........and it is also the MOST efficient with no condensation that builds up in the wands and tubes of the whip vapes.

If you want to know more about this vape, check out this thread: http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=48
    with 1977 posts about one vape and not one negative comment about it.

6. Purple days vape is definitely pretty badass. I'm not a huge fan of the heatup time but the fact that you can leave it plugged in all the time kind of negates that. I also recall seeing a video at some time where a guy slams the thing on a table 6 times and then hits it with a hammer and the only thing that happened is the LED went out on it (the LED isn't even on new models) so it is definitely durable. I think they only run around $175? too so they aren't that bad of a deal.

7. #27 lwien, Mar 3, 2009
    150 to be exact.

Yeah, those durability tests were pretty funny. He even put it into a spinning clothes dryer and submerged it under water..............STILL WORKED.

Yeah, they're designed to stay on 24/7 and stay within the vape temp range........draws no more than a few nightlights.........about 8 watts...........or, you can hook it up to an outlet timer. Even comes with a car adapter. Pretty neat vape.

8. Great guide, +rep. Any chance of posting some recipes for duff-edibles?

9. great post, just became somewhat of a vapor head myself lately . love my vape. saving all my vaped weeds for some edibly delicious danks in the near future. how much would you recommend saving, assuming it is all chronic, to put into one batch of say...rice krispy treats or something along those lines?

have a nice little jar for my duff so it will be ready whenever i decide to bake. have you actually smoked it though? i don't know if it would be worth it. maybe if your dry as a desert but thats a whole nother ballgame.

10. I bought a Ebay vaporizer $49.00 and enjoy using it but... after 1 week it burnt out and would not heat. I sent it back for a replacement but I have a feeling that the replacement will break again.
    So I guess I will need to look for a decent unit.
    I hated waiting for it to heat up which I think is a draw back for vapes.
    I am a sneak out to the garage smoker since I don't want my 17 year old daughter to start smoking.
    So I had to sneak out start the vape wait for about 5-10 minutes sneak out again and vape.
    Wish there was a fast heat unit.

11. I have indeed smoked the remains of a vaped bowl, and it did work. The high wasn't quite the same, obviously lacked something, no suprise. But it helped me and a couple friends through a dry spell. And I kept looking down at the joint in my hand thinking "Whoa, I already got high from this weed. Sweet." It also makes a decnt place for kief to sit on, especially when it's all you got.

12. Yeah, but smoking ABV tastes and smells nasty.

I think Firecrackers or QWISO would be the better way to go.

13. About 3 months ago I purchased a silver surfer vaporizer. Over this period, I've vaped about 3 ounces of high quality herb in it. THe glass wand was really caked with resin and I found a guide online for scraping it. After collecting some of the hash I weighed it about to be about 1.5 g's. I've tried vaping the hash and was told that it was EXTREMELY potent. The buzz is pretty good but it seems like more work than its worth because i've been having trouble finding a solid temperature to vape this stuff at. Do you have any suggestions? Peace :smoking:

14. Thanks IWien
    Very interesting looking device.

Has anyone had any personal experience using the Magic Flight?
    Looks like it gives you a nice hit and I like the fact you don't have to plug it in and it seems as if you are vaping quickly.
    Are you affiliated with this company?
    Thanks again

15. Nope. Not at all. I don't even have one. I have two vapes. The VaporGenie and the Perfect Days..... which reminds me. Regarding taking a quick hit from a stealth unit, you should also check out the VaporGenie. Takes about 15 seconds to get a full, rich vapor hit.

16. Next time I make some CannaOil or CannaButter with my duff (should be soon here) I'll be sure to take some pics and make a quick tutorial. Once you have either one of those you just use it to cook like normal.

17. I own a cheap Ebay vaporizer, it's a Vapor Bros. knockoff, and I have to say...I really like it. All I can compare it to is the Silver Surfer, which was:

better looking
    not digital
    more awkward to load
    just all-around cooler

I, being a more utilitarian guy, think the $50 vape will do just fine. I'm never leaving it on for more than 30 minutes at a time, but I wouldn't do that with any other vape either. It's uglier, but it's digital, which lets me play around with the temperature a little more to get the most out of the bowl.

I'd like to add one additional way to vape: the bonged vape. Using the whip like the slide on a bong produces the coolest (temperature-wise) hits I've ever felt, since the already cool vape air is cooled even more by the water.

18. Pretty nice article; would love to see some additions to the aromatherapy side of vaporizing. I've been vaporizing for three years now, and most of the experienced vaporizer users I hang with have come to appreciate the use of other medicinal herbs.

Ever since I've been using aromatherapy oils and herbs with my vaporizer I feel better, get sick less, and heal faster. Just last week I had issues with sinus congestion and sore throat, etc. etc. Now for the past couple years I've been using a herbal blend of thyme, sage, and a sprinkle of keif to medicate - works better and faster than any OTC drug I've ever used.

I've noticed some of you guys have mentioned the Purple Days vaporizer. Let me add just a little note about this vaporizer. Now, tt is a great vape, don't get me wrong; the only problem is the pre-fixed heat setting. When you become more experienced with your vaporizer, you'll learn that different vape temperatures can yield different highs. Also, if you decide to use it for aromatherapy, not all herbs vape at the same temperature, such as Eucalyptus and Lavender which vaporizes at around 130-C/270-F .. so take this into consideration when you purchase vaporizers that have pre-fixed heat settings; but Purple Days is still a great quality vaporizer.

I'll keep a look out on this thread and try to add some input where useful :smoke:

19. I bought the Magic Flight Launch tube and its awesome. I love the battery start and you get rich hits in no time.
    Vaping is much easier.