Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

yup the cops finally got me ish..

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by kaydox, Feb 28, 2009.

1. Did we learn a lesson from this?

Stupid to carry all that hardware in your damn car, what's wrong with you?

2. *cue discussion on whether bong water does anything to you*

3. a) Bongs aren't really meant to be portable devices. That's what pipes/steamrollers/blunts/Js are for. Bongs are stationary, best to leave it that way yo.

b) Once he handed you the citation, you should have just left. You weren't under arrest nor were you being detained. Had you gotten out of there nothing would've happened.

Sounds like either way you got fairly lucky though. Dunno wtf you keep so much shit in your car for but whatever, that's all you.

4. He didn't actually have the dogs on the way dude. He had no probable cause, you saying 'no' isn't probable cause to search your property. and 60 in a 35 with all that on you? Come on man, you're not getting any sympathy here.

5. You had the right to drive away after the citations were issued.

6. You were driving 60 in a 35 with shit in your trunk, a weapon, and no seatbelt. You'll get yours.

7. You could have said that they need a warrant to search your car, and that him pulling you sister ever before is not due probable cause. Fight the power.

8. so what do you say? "No officer, I will not let you search my car unless you can show me a wawrrant." haha :smoke:

9. I don't understand how he couldn't find the 2 million glass bongs but did find a homemade. The odds are...odd.

10. This is from back in March...why'd you bring it up

but Tyrone's post was epic

11. ^This.

12. Everyone is saying, "Why did you consent to a search??"

Lol, if u didnt agree to a search, that stupid pig would have searched anyway. Probable cause being the weed smell and association with your sister.

13. why the fuck would you go almost double the speed limit if you had all that shit in your car

14. All of you that are saying he's stupid for letting the cop search, really need to think about this for a second. I don't know anyone who's ever got away with the whole "sir, i'm sorry but I don't consent to a search" thing. Do you really think you're gonna say that and he'll just be like "oh ok, have a nice day then".

Not consenting to a search, even though it's completely within your rights, raises HUGE red flags in the cop's mind. If you say that, he'll immediately say he smells weed, even if he doesn't. This will give him PC so he can search your car without your consent. Either that or he'll call in the dogs.

Honestly, just leave your shit at home. If you have to smoke in your car, just take a quick L ride and don't drive like an idiot. If you get pulled over, toss the blunt out the window. Then even if your car reeks of weed, all you'll have on you is eyedrops and a lighter, which of course you have for allergies and cigarettes.

Now that being said, i've never been pulled over, but that's my game plan anyway. Bottom line -- don't count on your fifth amendment to save you, cause the pigs will find a way around it.

15. Well, honestly you shouldnt get into too much trouble for a bong. But you should drive a little more carefully especially with all that shit in your whip, your lucky as shit he didnt find the 20 other things in there. My buddies and i enjoy cruising blunts in our cars and have honestly had no problem from the police. Just drive properly and carefully and your cool. And if you do get pulled over eat the blunt roll the windows down and blast the ac and spray the chronic killer (hopefully you got some) anything that has pure orange is great.

But as for the whole situation with him searching car. Well the association with your sister could have been grounds for probable cause, and honestly you really had no choice but to let him search. As for saying "no sir i have to go" not only raises flags but is also from what i understand grounds for probable cause.

16. There's this thing called the constitution.... maybe you've forgotten.

Another prime example of why you should never consent to a search.

Read my first sig link.

17. Maybe you missed that part.

18. what a douche cops always do that kind of shit

19. #39 pinball wizard, Sep 14, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2009
    First off, it's flat out moronic to break any laws, in particular to make such obvious moving violations, when you're carrying anything illegal, much less ALL OF THAT SHIT.

Then, it's also moronic to let the cop search knowing you have that in the car.

He can't have you later come in for like... substitute booking tho. Tell him too fucking bad, you didn't do jack shit, he should have properly charged you at the time, if he ever contacts you about it again. Sounds like he's trying to hook you as an informant or some shit, don't do it, then the pigs own your ass.

20. Yea but even if that happened then you have a chance of fighting it and having it thrown out. They were searching him because his sister had a piece? Like that shit runs in the genes or something? da fuck?