Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

can you smoke stems...

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by GaNinja, Feb 28, 2009.

1. hello GC...well I was sitting home tonite thinking...(bored cuz im out of weed till tommrow) and didnt really feel like going out...and i decided to clean fez (spoon) and take some resin hits...so did that and am kinda buzzed...well i remembered the bud i just finished had some stems on it...and they are in a bag...now usually i dont have that many stems in my bud and dont really save them...so can i break it up and smoke it...its like a bowls worth..thanks blades for any help:D

2. Yes you can, but I would not.

My girlfriend, her friend and I wake and baked with a bowl of stems one morning. It was horrible. I got such a headache.

If you need a quick fix, do it but you won't like it.

3. i tried it because i was very dry one time, it got me a very little high for about a minute. then it was nothing.

so do it if you're that desperate.

4. it only works if you end up dry at the end of a T-break IMO

5. There is VERY VERY little THC content in stems, not really enough to even get a buzz from smoking. More likely you'll get a bad headache from burning too much plant material.

You CAN extract the remaining cannabidnols from stems and seeds by soaking them in clear alcohol (everclear or vodka) and making a tincture, but even then, the stuff just isn't that strong, it's got a very low cannabidnol content.

6. to be honest, all i've heard is shit about stems...well, me being dry and broke said fuck it and smoked a bit, i really was fucked up (like a real high) for some time

but yes, it taste like COMPLETE shit, its real harsh and leaves a horrid after-taste in your mouth

7. hmmm...thanx for all the replies guys...i think im just going to wait until tommrow for bud...but will start saving stems for other things

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. i wouldn't do it unless you're dry and going to be dry for a while and cant be fucked doing a QWISO or anything

9. In a pinch, you can always use a piece of stem as a kind of screen in a bowl or bong. Not a big piece but just enough to plug the bottom and let the smoke through.

10. When you smoke stems, does the smoke you blow out come out green? Because once I was smoking and blew out green smoke (very creeped out by it at the time) and my friend said I must of gotten a piece of stem. Is that true?

11. I have never heard this nor when I smoked stems had this happen..and we smoked a whole bowl of stems...blech

12. dam thats fuckin intense did all the hits from the weed do that or just that one hit?

and ya you can smoke stems and it will get you high if you smoke enough, but theirs a good chance it will turn your nice little buzz into a headache in a half hour :(