Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account

Writing Good Fantasy/Science Fiction Plot Lines

• Please log in to reply

Pulp Fiction

Pulp Fiction

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
Hey, i'm pretty sure this is the correct place to post this..

Well, i have to hand in my final essay, number 5 out of 5 for my english course.
It's a Short Story that i'm doing, so around 800 words probably, i always end up writing more anyway.

The thing i'm struggling with is coming up with a plot. When i manage to get a plot i'm the best in my class at english, which is strange for me not being a geek, or really any good in any other class...

So i was thinking Science Fiction.. i dunno, i've never really done that before and i thought it could be interesting and allow me to bend the rules if u like.. like make up some crazy stuff i dunno..

any ideas? fail the class if i dont hand this in, but if i do i should be gettin a good grade.

sky dog

sky dog

the way of the future

• Bronze Member
  • 13,154 posts

Foop

Foop

if the roof doesn't fall

• Gold Member
  • 9,075 posts

SEOH

SEOH

• Registered Upgraded
  • 294 posts
Sci-Fi isn't about the tech. It's about how we respond to the tech. It's about taking existing tech and taking it to a new level that we can't quite get to yet but is still feasible. If you've been following the news there's a new company screening embryos for traits that are desirable to the parents. So how about a Sci-Fi story about a future where parents can not only screen for hair color or genetic defects but can screen for personality. Would people choose to make their children aggressive or docile? Happy with what they have or constantly striving to attain more. How would that affect us as a people? Then take examples from our world and weave them into a lesson you're trying to tell. Pick a setting like world leaders working for a cease fire or just the last two people in a floating biosphere talking about how it all went wrong. I'd say add a twist, in true Sci-Fi fashion, but you may not have the space. Just my $.02

Edited by SEOH, 28 February 2009 - 01:46 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users