Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Free Tommy Chong!@#

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Menace, Feb 12, 2004.

?

do you feel that Tommy Chong should be in jail?

1. yes.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. no.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. yes, and he should stay there.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. no, and he should sue upon release.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. yes, tommy chong is a criminal.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. no, tommy chong is an innocent man.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. who is tommy chong?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. better...

2. Isn't it sad we live in a country that says we can die for our country but not allow people to relieve stress.

Free Tommy!!!!!!

3. Woah, hold on a second. "Bongs" aka "Waterpipes" are associated with pot use by authorities. Its only like this because the DEA and Asscroft choose to group them in that category and label them as such. A glass pipe is simply the same thing as a "glass bowl", but the only reason they are not usually marketed in that manner is that, "Bongs" are no-nos in the U.S.A. and "Waterpipes" are ok. Make any sense? Nope; It never does when dealing with laws that are so hippocritical they make no damn sense. I hope the laws change soon...ever try to say "Bong" in a headshop?

A bong and a waterpipe are the same thing, with a different name. It's not like tommy had a big thing on his site saying, "Bongs for Marijuana Use Only!", otherwise I would understand why they did what they did to him. But he didn't, so I don't.

Tommy chong simply endorsed his name onto a product and Asscroft poorly attempted to make him into a martyr to scare people. The man is fucking innocent; he sold glass Artwork that can be used for anything you want to use it for.

Edit- Tommy Chong was also the Only one whose business was shut down that was actually imprisoned for it. Out of the other shops that got closed down, nobody else received jail-time. It's not a coincidence.

4. good post man... I didn't feel his petty attempt at justifying it deserved a response since it was so weak... but you did a good job...

5. <table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0"><tr><td> <table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0"><tr><td>· Current Mood: :smoke:</td></tr></table><table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0"><tr><td><div align="center">
    ...I would turn on the tv, but it's so embarrassing. to see all the other people, don't even know what they mean. and it was magic at first, to see them speak without sound. and now your soul is gonna hurt, you better turn that thing down. well, it wasn't me, said the boy with the gun. sure, I pulled the trigger, but it needed to be done. 'cause life's been killin' me ever since it begun. you can't blame me, 'cause i'm too young. well, you can't blame me. sure, the killer was my son, but I didn't teach him to pull the trigger of the gun. it's those video games and his tv screen. you can't blame me, it's those images he's seen. well, you can't blame me. says the singer of the song, and the maker of the movie which he bases life on. it's only entertainment, and as anyone can see. it's smoke machines and make-up. man, you can't blame me. well, you can't blame me. says the media man. I wasn't the one who came up with the plan. I just point my camera at what the people want to see. it's a two way mirror, and you can't blame me. it was you, it was me, it was every man. we've all got the blood on our hands. we only receive what we demand. and if we want hell, then hell is what we'll have. and I would turn on the tv. but it's so embarrassing to see all the other people, don't even know what they mean. and it was magic at first. but let everyone down. and now the world's gonna hurt. you better turn it around...

</td></tr></table><table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0"><tr><td>[​IMG]
    </td></tr></table>
    </td></tr></table></div>

6. First off...watch the name-calling guys!

:)

Exactly. Tommy Chong didn't do anything wrong. Wording is all it had to do with. He was charged with conspiracy to sell drug paraphernalia and somewhere along the line someone called it just that instead of using the cover up words "for tobacco use."

From the DEA website:

http://www.dea.gov/pubs/csa/863.htm#d

HEAD-

Sec. 863. Drug paraphernalia

-STATUTE-

(a) In general
    It is unlawful for any person -

(1) to sell or offer for sale drug paraphernalia;

(2) to use the mails or any other facility of interstate commerce to transport drug paraphernalia; or

(3) to import or export drug paraphernalia.

(b) Penalties
    Anyone convicted of an offense under subsection (a) of this section shall be imprisoned for not more than three years and fined under title 18.

(c) Seizure and forfeiture
    Any drug paraphernalia involved in any violation of subsection (a) of this section shall be subject to seizure and forfeiture upon the conviction of a person for such violation. Any such paraphernalia shall be delivered to the Administrator of General Services, General Services Administration, who may order such paraphernalia destroyed or may authorize its use for law enforcement or educational purposes by Federal, State, or local authorities.

(d) ''Drug paraphernalia'' defined
    The term ''drug paraphernalia'' means any equipment, product, or material of any kind which is primarily intended or designed for use in manufacturing, compounding, converting, concealing, producing, processing, preparing, injecting, ingesting, inhaling, or otherwise introducing into the human body a controlled substance, possession of which is unlawful under this subchapter. It includes items primarily intended or designed for use in ingesting, inhaling, or otherwise introducing marijuana (FOOTNOTE 1), cocaine, hashish, hashish oil, PCP, methamphetamine, or amphetamines into the human body, such as -

(FOOTNOTE 1) So in original. Probably should be ''marihuana,''.

(1) metal, wooden, acrylic, glass, stone, plastic, or ceramic pipes with or without screens, permanent screens, hashish heads, or punctured metal bowls;

(2) water pipes;

(3) carburetion tubes and devices;

(4) smoking and carburetion masks;

(5) roach clips: meaning objects used to hold burning material, such as a marihuana cigarette, that has become too small or too short to be held in the hand;

(6) miniature spoons with level capacities of one-tenth cubic centimeter or less;

(7) chamber pipes;

(8) carburetor pipes;

(9) electric pipes;

(10) air-driven pipes;

(11) chillums;

(12) bongs;

(13) ice pipes or chillers;

(14) wired cigarette papers; or

(15) cocaine freebase kits.

(e) Matters considered in determination of what constitutes drug paraphernalia
    In determining whether an item constitutes drug paraphernalia, in addition to all other logically relevant factors, the following may be considered:

(1) instructions, oral or written, provided with the item concerning its use;

(2) descriptive materials accompanying the item which explain or depict its use;

(3) national and local advertising concerning its use;

(4) the manner in which the item is displayed for sale;

(5) whether the owner, or anyone in control of the item, is a legitimate supplier of like or related items to the community, such as a licensed distributor or dealer of tobacco products;

(6) direct or circumstantial evidence of the ratio of sales of the item(s) to the total sales of the business enterprise;

(7) the existence and scope of legitimate uses of the item in the community; and

(8) expert testimony concerning its use.

(f) Exemptions
    This section shall not apply to -

(1) any person authorized by local, State, or Federal law to manufacture, possess, or distribute such items; or

(2) any item that, in the normal lawful course of business, is imported, exported, transported, or sold through the mail or by any other means, and traditionally intended for use with tobacco products, including any pipe, paper, or accessory.

7. I think any crime related to marijuana is complete bullshit. Possession especially. All the hypocrisy about the drug war, oooooo it makes me so mad to hear people get charged with felonies cuz of jane. Free Tommy Chong!

8. has anyone on here sent a letter to tommy chong and gotten some kind of response? i'm just curious... because I really hope I get some form of response in return... but I am doubting it pretty seriously...

9. I think tommy gets out in June.

Yea. I agree, any cannabis-related crime is complete bullshit.
    They should just legalize it and tax it.

They describe paraphenalia as-

"(1) metal, wooden, acrylic, glass, stone, plastic, or ceramic pipes with or without screens, permanent screens, hashish heads, or punctured metal bowls;

(2) water pipes;

(3) carburetion tubes and devices;

(4) smoking and carburetion masks;

(5) roach clips: meaning objects used to hold burning material, such as a marihuana cigarette, that has become too small or too short to be held in the hand;

(6) miniature spoons with level capacities of one-tenth cubic centimeter or less;

(7) chamber pipes;

(8) carburetor pipes;

(9) electric pipes;

(10) air-driven pipes;

(11) chillums;

(12) bongs;

(13) ice pipes or chillers;

(14) wired cigarette papers; or

(15) cocaine freebase kits."

..basically, anything someone could use to do anything is essentially illegal because it could be associated with cannabis (or cocaine, but some people might use those types of pipes for hash oil or hash) use depending on how it was sold. Lame law. I wish the US could be more open-minded as the Netherlands. It creates so much more legitimate business...

10. He's gonna be on Jay Leno on friday. I'm gonna tape that.

11. lol it was funny.. the cut him out of ths hwo... ..hyde showed up for work but the stand was closed....

..the gang couldnt get any bud anywhere ..he went to his
    apartment and there was an ote talking about how he had gone back to live with his wife..... ..and he left them a huge film canister full of buds ...:D...

12. Ahh all those big letters and flashy graphics are driving me insane!!

[​IMG] yummie

13. Tommy Chong is a free man, and it's about time

Should the possession of anything that could possibly be used for any sort of drugs be illegal? no. someone said "should someone be allowed to own a 'crack pipe'". yes. that there crack pipe might just make a sick vaporizer, or an even BETTER.... DOOR STOP! DUN DUN DADUN! i happen to have a shisha in my house. it's basically a big 'ol Hooka, but it's never been used. under that law, it would be illegal for me to own this Shisha. Have i ever used it? nope. do i intend to? not really. it's a show piece my uncle bought in Kuwait. why is it technically illegal by that particular law for me to own a shisha?

i'm glad i'm canadian.

14. u serious? that must be like the only episode i've nver seen, the 70's show is my fav show ever

15. I was gonna say why did somebody bring this topic back hes been free for quite a while

16. What did he get into trouble for again? Selling a bong? you shouldnt go to jail for that, i heard rumours he was our of jails though. How can they make another flick? Look at cheech! he is so old!

17. after he got released he went on the howard stern show... he said his son was running the bong biz but since he got busted and tommy's name was all on the bongs etc it was either tommy go to jail or his wife and son. tommy said they're also working on a next cheech and chong movie :D

18. (6) miniature spoons with level capacities of one-tenth cubic centimeter or less;

Dear lord. I can get busted for buying my pet gnome a service-spoon! Tommy Chong rules :) I think it's by him... this song that Unholy gave me - "It's a reefer do you want some police-man?" Cool song.

19. he is out.
    old? damn, no way
    i think he looks great!!

http://forum.grasscity.com/showthread.php?t=56153

20. Now I think he is in something called the MarijuanaLogues, or that is what my radio keeps blaring at me. Tommy Chong, a microphone & a crowd. :)

great

http://www.marijuanalogues.com/