Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Weed just isn't what it used to be

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by greenbliss, Feb 26, 2009.

1. Dont get me wrong, I still love smoking weed, alot, but it doesnt deliver the greatness it once did. It used to be absolutely amazing: I could smoke and be laughing, a great body high and complete euphoria for hours. Now it doesnt reach what it did, and if it does it only lasts 10-15 minutes where it is an absolutely amazing high (though im still high and enjoying it for an a hour or more). I dont think its tolerance, becuase even if I smoke alot, it cant reach the high I used to be able to, and there is a very thin line between being high and enjoying myself and getting paranoid from being too high. Also I have taken long breaks and it hasnt returned to what it used to be either, including one break that was over a year from early summer 2006- late summer 07. The reason I took the break was the same thing as Im having now, not as great as it once was, and it only ended when a friend of mine who had never smoked wanted to try it so I got some stuff for us to smoke. So what do you think is up?

2. #2 coldcheese, Feb 26, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2009
    dude, it's tolerance..

i felt the exact same way, getting high was SO great back in the days where i'd only been smoking for a few weeks or so.

and of course, the first couple of times were probably the best.

but over time it just seems to be more of a relaxing thing instead of something that makes me trip out.

i totally miss how it felt when i used to be a lightweight, and there's nothing i can do about it.

i still love it, but i get what you mean. i'm pretty sure it's just because you've been smoking for a while.

i could smoke an eighth to my face, and it wouldn't get me the same high as i would get off of like a ten or fifteen sack.

3. yeah brah,
    I don't know what it could be besides tolerance.

4. After awhile it just becomes another state of mind. When you were new to it, it was something you had never experienced before. Now that you have been smoking for awhile, even after you lower your tolerance, your still used to the feeling of being high, and its nothing new to you.

5. Yeah, get what you are saying, the novelty of being high does not exst anymore.

But to what eveyone else said about tolerance, which is what I knew they would say, I dont understand the fine line between being nice and high and being paranoid from being too high, that difference has become alot closer over time.

6. This is exactly what it is. No matter how long a break you take you don't forgot what its like to be high. Therefore it doesn't seem as intense. I like having a bit of a tolerance though caus I can actually do shit while high. In the beginning its like so much that you can't take it all in. I love being able to be around parents, teachers, police or whoever while blazed without them ever knowing.

7. Its not tolerance, its called smoking too much. You need to smoke less, so it is more exciting when you do it.

Trust me on one thing: stop smoking for a week, then plan to smoke at a certain time at the end of the break, you'll get SOOO hyped and excited to smoke, it'll be VERY satisfying.

8. Yeah dude it's just like masturbation!

9. I stopped smoking for 14 months once, as i stated at the top of the thread, and even that didnt bring it back to what it used to be, though it was alot closer. Also, weed didnt seem that great which is why I stopped. I only smoke a few times per week, so I dont think thats enough for not being special enogh, or is it?

10. It's not tolerance, it's exactly what 420haze said. Anyways I used to love that giggly feeling and shit when I got stoned, now I can control myself to the point where I can be stoned and my eyes be as red as the devils dick, after it was sitting on hot coals and still be able to convince my parents that I'm not high, and they both used to be huge stoners.

I enjoy it in a much different way now. I do miss those days though..

11. i dont know your history, but try taking things to another level or switch it up somehow. buy a new pipe. buy more weed. start getting into hash or cook with it or make firecrackers. if you havent already, dont fall to the gateway theory, but you could always try it with other drugs haha. or something that isnt gonig to get you addicted or brought into a new drug but moreso enhances bud highs: try getting pure hydrocodone or promethazine/codeine and putting them on blunts. or soak buds in a painkiller liquid and then roll it up. try rolling an oowop. just smoke blunts or joints if you only do bowls. do more engaging or interesting things when you smoke. try to be creative. idk, jus trying to offer up anything that I do as I still love and enjoy the herb and what i do to try and enhance it. cause i do know what you mean, there comes a point when you hit stoner and you lose a sort of essence there was once to it, especially all the experiences you go through or what youd try to make or do while high.

actually, if you havent already, purchase a vaporizer, even if its the vaporgenie (dont purchase vapor buddy, its shit). vapors are a much more intense and just overall different high. youll be laughin your first time off that. otherwise, your prolly just in a time where nothing has happened, ive been there. then i saw chappelle's show for the first time in sooo long, i laughed through the entire rick james episode after a blunt. those moments and good times have to come not necessarily through the buds, but you and your environment.

im pretty high off my vap. hope any of that helped. :smoking:

12. I'm planning to buy a vape soon, and hash gets me stoned for about 30 mins and then I feel sober. It's weird and I'm the only one out of everyone that smoked hash in my group to get that.

13. Is there no way to prevent this? I've only been high like 20 times so I think it's still awesome...but even if I smoke once a week will it eventually get less fun?

14. Larinus, eventually it will probably be less fun. However, I still enjoy weed alot. For me, it has been downgraded from being really awesome to just being regular awesome. For Example, when I first started I could enjoy the high just from being high. Now, it only makes things I would enjoy sober more fun. But if I wouldnt enjoy it sober, I probably wont like it high. There is still a few things I may find enjoyable high but not while sober, but way less than it used to be. I have even been bored while high a few times, which when I started smoking seemed impossible. One of the things is just that the novelty of being high no longer exists.

15. well, i suppose everyone is different, but for me, tolerance is non-existant.

I've been smoking dank EVERY DAY (3x/day) for the last 10 years (27 now, 17 when i started daily)... I get the same consistent high every time I smoke a bowl (varies depending on strain obviously). I dont get as high as I did the 1st couple times I smoked, but I have no complaints. Believe me, if tolerance were real, I would need to smoke an ounce to get high.

There is still good bud around, but there is a lot more schwag around than there used to be. Maybe you're just not getting the best bud.

OP- do you do other drugs? If so, this could be a factor.

16. When weed just won't cut it, turn to shrooms!

:hippie:

17. haha, i couldn't do boomers every day tho! :D

18. The only other things I do other than weed is smoking cigarettes and drinking alcohol, Ive never even touched anything else, except for two times where I had weed that I was later told was sprinkled with trace amounts of cocaine.

19. Maybe, you're just hard to please and you should go be emo somewhere else.
    OR, you could stay here and toke up with us. ;)