1st Grow CFL then, now, and .......... beyond

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by newgrowNY, Feb 26, 2009.

1. Hey Doc... I'm very happy with the CFLs, but love my HPS also :D

Lets just call it an indoor grow ;)

2. What's this, you starting up again newgrow? 'Bout time! :D

3. Whats up CnC.... Yea, the time is getting close to firing up some lights again.... I got the itch :D. I'm still just getting my stuff ready, but much more prepared this time.

4. Do you use any soft white 2700k's while vegetating? Or only while flowering? Right now i Have 4 100w Daylight bulbs, but I was wondering if I should grab some softwhites as well. I also have about 6-7 seedlings under it.

5. I do mix in some 2700k bulbs during veg.... I try to keep it around 75 to 80% 6500k and the rest of them soft/warm. Then at flower I would switch that ratio the other way.

Are your bulbs 100 true watts or is that equivalent w's?

6. Its equivolent watts.

I have four 6500k 100w equivolents, and two 2700k 100w equivolents, and they're on six seedlings right now.

7. You will be fine with that at this stage, but you will need more as they get bigger. The general "rule of thumb" is 100 true watts per plant.

8. Hey very curious to see how this next grow works for you, the last one looked chrrrrrrroonniicccc. I am working on my first grow fem blackjack and about 200 watts of cfl. hope it turns out nearly as good as yours!:smoking:

9. wow, i'm absolutely speechless, and baked too
    i smoked 4 joint in order to through every page on this thread, what an amazing grow.
    i salute you sir, you are a great inspiration, i can't wait to start my own grow.

happy tokking everyone

10. LOL to This ^^ guy, thats dedication +rep

11. Well if you start reading the new journal now ,you wont need four J's ....yet :)

But glad this one could be of help / inspiration... just be carefull MJ isn't addictive to smoke... but growing is another thing

Still using CFLs to veg... keeps 'em nice and bushy

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. 100 true watts per plant for the first plant and 50 thereafter.

13. Nice garden man...
    Nice photography also...
    Have i been here>>>:confused:..dont remember ha ha...
    I think i smoke to much....

14. wow nice plants, youre just using cfls? what are you fedding?

15. The last pics posted are my current plants, when they were in veg. That's all CFLs, 12x42w 6500K bulbs... total wattage was 504w... I started with less but worked upto that. I now flower with a 600w HPS plus CFL's.

As far as nutes... those, for the most part, were only given water. I use RO water so I add a pinch of Epsom salts to avoid a mag. deficiency and a few times I added a lil kelp meal and azomite, for trace minerals. My soil is a remix of old soil and amended to feed with only watering, this mix got me thru a 2 month veg.

In flowering I'm now using Humboldt Nutrients.

16. Great thread! How long did that smoke last you? This is one ill come back and read again! Good stuff and amazing results!

Peace,
    Hoax