Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Mango juice and marijuana potency?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by TheDefiler, Feb 26, 2009.

1. #41 Ohhsnaplisa, Jan 23, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2010
    * 9:40pm ate mango

* 10:30pm started to light up (mids)

* 3 hits later......I'm gone.

* 11:04 Why has it taken me like 20 mins to write this post?

Although I must admit I've been on a break for the past 43 days so my tolerance has dropped significantly. I still believe this isn't just some placebo effect.

2. gonna be trying this once i get bud, but i dont have any mangoes, i do have 100% mango juice which i shall be using as a stubstitute, will be an interesting test

3. There is a brand in AUS called golden circle who make a mango nectar drink which is 30% mango pulp and it does a superb job at intensifying the high. Just as effective as actual mangoes in my opinion and 10x more conveniant.

4. cool thread...:D

5. #45 meckingfet, Feb 14, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2010
    Ate a mango that wasnt even ripe yesterday and then an hour later I shared a blunt with 2-3g of good bud with 5 of my friends. I got so unbelievably high! My balance was fucked up, it almost felt like when drinking and smoking at the same time except more psychedelic. After maybe an hour I was so high I puked and I've never done that on weed before and I've been smoking almost daily for months.

So I say that it definately works and I will try it again but not smoke as much.

6. Don't forget about the placebo effect ;-)

7. just ate a whole mango, pretty ripe. have two more on backup. been 20 minutes. waiting 20 more then toking.

tolerance background: smoked multiple times daily for 3 months or so now. mostly high end. hahah but im NEVER above shwag. lets get to testing everyone!

8. Just tried it. Probably didn't get the ripest mango in the world as I didn't know what I was looking for at the time..

Eh, might have worked a little, might have been placebo. Definantley gonna give it a second shot though.

9. How long do you need to wait for juice? Cos it's a liquid I figure it will pass through into the intestine quicker and will absorb more myrcene quicker. Half an hour say?

10. Yeah it works, the chemical allows the THC to absorb into places in your brain that it normally couldnt, and since these places have no tolerence you will recieve a high quite like when you first began. If you do this everyday/alot though the tolerence will build up and it will be less effective

11. you just compared having a better high to human sacrifices D:

12. I've tried the mango thing several times now, in smoothie form, or eating a physical mango, I've tried waiting various amounts of time after consumption before getting high and I've never once noticed an improvement in my high, I would love to know if this is just me or if it doesn't actually work for anyone.

13. I just wanted to say that this does work. I made a smoothie a couple days ago with about a whole mango in it and in about an hour I definitely felt higher than usual for the amount I smoked. I agree with the "psychedelic" comment another poster made. It definitely was a good feeling :)

14. I have a few boxes of pure mango juice and I got them for free!

Perhaps I could try this tonight...

15. That sounds fucking delicious. Will try this tomorrow. :)

I've tried mangos and marijuana multiple times. I'm convinced it's a placebo effect.

16. im a be trying this for sure

17. im not to sure about juice, but an actual mango works just fine

18. #58 homerjunior, Jul 20, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2010
    This is from the only scientific source that this thread has given.

The police are not actually high, but they are in fact affected by the terpenes released into the air as they handle the cannabis. The two most prevalent terpenes giving this reaction are Myrcene and Geraniol. The police are relaxed and somewhat sedated, but they are NOT high. You will also notice this effect when manicuring your cannabis at harvest time.

http://www.treatingyourself.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=31074

So there we have it you do not get higher. Placebo....

Or if you really want to argue the point its like smoking some relaxing tea then some pot. You do not get higher its just different

19. That's the most untruthful post I have ever seen. I wish they would ban people who spout random shit

20. I heard this on Norml's audio stash a while back:

"One of the main terpenes in marijuana is myrcene, it helps THC molecules cross through the blood-brain barrier. Very ripe/overripe mangos contain a lot of myrcene so one way to get higher is by eating a very ripe mango 20 minutes before smoking, it helps the THC go right into the brain."