Big Brother is coming?

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by Superjoint, Feb 27, 2002.

1. Fuck that.

Big Brother can suck it.

2. You can't live your whole life like you have nothing to hide because that one day where you do have to hide something you're going to look sketchy.

3. How in the world did someone find this thread from 12 years ago? Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. Thats true back in 02 this site wasnt all this big. This site is huge now.

5. IMPOSTER! Big brother would never reveal it's self to the public!

6. I knew you were coming. The thread title said so. What took you so long?

7. Everyone just needs to be rational. I'm so tired of every time the government thinks about accepting new technology or whatnot everyone freaks out and thinks Big Brother is coming. Jesus. Paranoia is what this is. If you're not doing anything HIGHLY illegal then why are you so concerned? Let me tell everyone this:
    Once we advance technology far enough to where there is open access to any information and all information, democracy will be diminished. Look at presidential power now, the president has more power now than any other presidents before did. Why?... Technology and it's advancement. And technology progresses, there's more room for civilians to do whatever they want and discover whatever they want.
    Freak out if you want, but NO MATTER WHAT, the government will increase central power throughout technological advancement and decrease our freedoms. It's the price we have to pay.

-Poseidon

8. Why do we have to accept it? Why can't we defend our freedoms at all costs? What happened to give me liberty or give me death?

9. It went to shit along with America IMO.

10. We already have ever civil disliberty and privacy invasion described in big brother. Wake up America. We being ass raped with a cactus.