Big Brother is coming?

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by Superjoint, Feb 27, 2002.

1. Protest ,start riots ,become hit men? Anything other than becoming one of "them" or losing my life for the sake of "their" greed (I won't go down without a fight win or lose).

2. #42 aPersonUponaHill, Apr 18, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2014

2000 he joined, why did you say 02'? That was about the very beginning, which is probably why this thread had so few responses before. There simply was not a lot here yet.

Oh nvm, some of us have long days and run on very little sleep. 

3. Well in this technological age, so long as we have freedom of speech and press, corporations really can't put profits above the safety and lives of their customers because doing so would actually be bad business since the financial impact of the amount of negative PR they would get from doing so is more than they could save by cutting corners on safety.

The shining example of this is the Ford Pinto. Ford knew that the Pinto wasn't safe but they decided it would be more expensive to modify all the pintos then it would be to just pay out all the damages in whatever lawsuits resulted. Turns out that was not only a terrible way of looking at the situation from a human standpoint but also from a financial one. They lost their shirt in all the lawsuits from wrongful death and injuries and it tarnished their reputation for years to come.

4. He was posting when the world trade centers fell. He witnessed "big brother" first hand (probably while stoned) :laughing:  damn.

5. i didnt check the his join date, just tge date he posted

Shit he joined at 14 and got VIP'd :laughing:

He's right up there with Datjake (had 6 red bars when we still had rep, and the title associated with that mishonor was named after him) as far as GC legends go

6. #46 aPersonUponaHill, Apr 18, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2014

What was the title for 6 red bars? I dont think I ever saw datjake. Most red bars I recall was maybe 3. 

I mean to even have one was a sign you were really fucking up and disliked.

7. Datjake lol

They actually took his name and used it as the title.

No one else ever got that distinction

8. I miss rep. I was never here during the neg rep days though.

9. #49 Delightfully High, Apr 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2014
    The good old days of plus/negative reps and speaking of unmentionables.......where did the times go? I didn't make an account until I was in my early twenties but I used to come on here all the time when I was 13-17 (stoned out of my mind) and read all sorts of crazy stories pertaining to unmentionables and crazy conspiracy theories and I tell ya man those were the days......those were the day. I'm sorry mods but if there was a way you guys could ever bring back talk of unmentionables (even though I don't do them and I know you can't) I'd beg you to do so.

10. Somebody that disagreed with me gave me a neg rep.  I neg repped him, in turn, but he then reported me for "rep abuse".  :hello:

God damn, that's rough. I may have seen him and smoked away the memory, or just seen the red bars and been like yea I am staying away from him haha.

12. Yea I was lurking back when I was 16, joined 9 days after my 18th bday.

I too would love to be able to talk about unmentionables, but SJ made the rule for a reason :/

It really sucks because all the forums where I could join to talk about that stuff, I dont want to, because I wouldnt know anyone, as opposed to here, Ive been around for 3yrs June 17th, got almost 20k posts, and actually know people, even though I tend to stay in the Nirvana

13. That's funny, I bet the majority of neg rep was rep abuse anyways.

That was a good system, it is ashame it had to go for likes. People really tried harder back then to give good information.

15. Nothing to stop you all from having a conversation through some other medium if you want to talk about something you can't talk about here.

16. #56 garrison68, Apr 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2014
    If you were not a reactionary or libertarian, you'd get neg repped quite a bit in the Politics forum. 

17. What's nirvana like (I'm considering getting a gold account and was just curious)? Is it against the guidelines for me to ask (I don't believe it is considering i've read the guidelines over and over again)?

18. Oh I know. There actually is one, it just murders my data (I use my phone for internet) so I dont go on often

19. Its like post your thoughts but with next to 0% chance of trolls (as trolls dont tend to donate)

Well what happens there stays there. Same rules apply roughly.