Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account

How much does a bag weigh?

• Please log in to reply

BezerkBlizzy

BezerkBlizzy

• Registered Upgraded
  • 106 posts
tomorrow i'm buying a half O and i was just wondering if anyone knows offhand how much a full size ziplock bag weighs? or how much a sandwich size ziplock bag weighs....thanks for the help:smoke:

GravityToker

GravityToker

• Registered Upgraded
  • 288 posts
i would presume, your trying to scale the herb in the bag? hmm, if so i don't recommend this, as diff plastic bags probably weigh different and it will off balance the true amount of your bud. if you cant weigh the buds by themselves, then expect the weight to be no less than 15g, as opposed to 14g, so bag should be 1g more or less, some might weigh more.

BezerkBlizzy

BezerkBlizzy

• Registered Upgraded
  • 106 posts

i would presume, your trying to scale the herb in the bag? hmm, if so i don't recommend this, as diff plastic bags probably weigh different and it will off balance the true amount of your bud. if you cant weigh the buds by themselves, then expect the weight to be no less than 15g, as opposed to 14g, so bag should be 1g more or less, some might weigh more.

o thanks for the tips...

AidanG

AidanG

WhiteBud

• Registered Upgraded
  • 119 posts
A friend actually weighed a bag for me a couple days ago and it came out to 1.7 grams i think.

what a coinkydink

BlackOpsNinja

BlackOpsNinja

Ninja

• Registered Upgraded
  • 168 posts
honestly man just buy a scale, or just ask your guy to weigh it in front of you. if he says somethin like i dont have a scale or whatever then you shouldent be buyin from him anyway!! if they act all sketchy about weighing it then they are trying to short you, simple as that.

BezerkBlizzy

BezerkBlizzy

• Registered Upgraded
  • 106 posts
normally i would do that, but i'm not meeting him at his house like usuall, so idk if he carries a scale in his car...i think i'll jus ask a friend to lend me one for the pick up

KeepSmokinReefa

KeepSmokinReefa

Swisher Sweet Smoka

• Super Moderator
  • 31,413 posts

sublime99

sublime99

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
usually the cheap baggies that are not ziplock that you lick stay about a .5 added to weight of the green

Frae

Frae

Registered Stoner

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
Ziplock brand baggies weigh between 1.4g and 1.6g and the cheap-o fold-over kind weigh between 0.5 and 0.6.

Why not just weigh it withouth the baggy though?
  • Gandhi the ganjamaster likes this

BezerkBlizzy

BezerkBlizzy

• Registered Upgraded
  • 106 posts

Ziplock brand baggies weigh between 1.4g and 1.6g and the cheap-o fold-over kind weigh between 0.5 and 0.6.

Why not just weigh it withouth the baggy though?

cus most likely we're gonna be in a parking lot and i dont wanna take it all out...so if its in a ziplock i'm not taking anything less than 15.5 g's on the scale

Frae

Frae

Registered Stoner

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
Oh way dude. Just remember if its in a cheap bag its only half a gram. How much do you pay for that? Over here its $150

Madmike420

Madmike420

moderator supreme

• Old School
  • 6,192 posts

Your reg ziplock sandwhich baggy is usually 2.2 grams.

Your regular fold up no ziplock baggy is usually 1.0 grams on the dot.

This man speaks the truth!

D-Shiznit

D-Shiznit

my brothers clothes

• Old School
  • 2,078 posts

Your reg ziplock sandwhich baggy is usually 2.2 grams.

Your regular fold up no ziplock baggy is usually 1.0 grams on the dot.

that's what's up.

BezerkBlizzy

BezerkBlizzy

• Registered Upgraded
  • 106 posts

Oh way dude. Just remember if its in a cheap bag its only half a gram. How much do you pay for that? Over here its $150

Got it for $120...dude is my boy, usually sells half's for $150-$170 but we're pretty tight so he gives me discounts...

He would sell me an O for $240, if i had the money i would totally do it, but its just not in the budget right now lol

About the pickup...he had a scale on him and it weighed out to 16.3 g's...Idk why i second guessed him anyway, but you never know...

Edited by BezerkBlizzy, 20 February 2009 - 08:20 PM.
new idea

Stickyicky1014

Stickyicky1014

Kief Topped Bong Rips

• Registered Upgraded
  • 240 posts
2.5grams the half should be about 16 to 17 grams with the bag on the scale.

BurtonSnow

BurtonSnow

• Registered Upgraded
  • 787 posts
Just the normal standard size sandwhich bag (for me i get my stuff in these no matter who it is) weighs .8g - 1g

thekiller

thekiller

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 1,231 posts
What about the foodsaver bags

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users