Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

The truth about eating marijuana, RAW

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Perihelion, Feb 20, 2009.

1. Cook it safe over sorry

2. Our bodies weren't evolved or made in any way to process THC and other cannabinoids in cannabis plant. It's just a blind chance that a plant in nature mimics one of the most important biological endogenous chemical systems in your body. and your body absorbs THC and other cannibinoids thinking its their own native chemicals.

3. #23 GreyMatterTripp, Feb 21, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2009

Just to clear one thing up, its not a 'fluke' that you have cannabinoid receptors in your brain, in fact you have more cannabinoid receptors than any other G-protein coupled receptors in the brain. They are not there specifically take on THC as there are other naturally occurring substances in your brain that normally trigger them.

Read the first page of this: http://tinyurl.com/b69m7l

This book on the first page will probably shed some light on what your looking for.

4. All you guys been been consuming too much THC I don't care how you ingest it !!

5. You couldn't eat a brick of hash half the size of a Blackberry Pearl? I'm pretty sure I could pull that off, especially if I was about to see a cop.

6. Are you saying that if I warmed a nug and then smoked it id get higer?

Or did you mean its more potent to heat it before you ingest it.

7. I get so ripped when i have eating raw weed... well its not like I just chomped down on a bud, but my roommates little bro visited us once and made cookies with the weed but it wasn't like the butter or whatever it was just the bud. He chopped up the bud and put it in the cookie mix.

Anyways because everyone says that it would get us high we had no expectations but ate the cookies anyways just to make sure. About an hour went by and I had forgotten about it. I thought "well i didn't work" but then all of a sudden this extreme high came out of no where! I had never been so high in my life and it lasted FOORREEVVVEEERRR. a little too long to where it was messing with my sleep and i had crazy dreams.

thats just my experience about eating weed

8. This is all wrong. The reason you can't eat marijuana and get high is because in it's basic form, there is EXTREMELY little THC on the marijuana bud; there is though, a large amount of THCA, which gets converted to THC when it reaches a certain temperature. Your cannabinoid receptors can't uptake THCA, hence, eating raw weed will not get you high. There are trace amounts of THC on the bud that won't need to be converted, so if you have an extremely low tolerance and you stuff an entire 8th in your mouth, I suppose it would be possible to get high. For normal smokers though, not possible.

9. When you burn THC you get a hydrocarbon combustion which the results in an "activated" form of THC which can get you high.

10. You were clearly stoned out of your mind when you wrote this :)
    Like me right now!

11. Decarboxylation my friend. Plain and simple.

12. Yeah, i bet if you ate an ounce of keif or a whole bunch of really dank bud you would get a little high, but take into account how wasteful that is. :p

13. well, I wanted to answer your question to the fullest extent but I haven't the time, but if you want to find the answer you are looking for then you might want to try redefining what marijuana is. Marijuana is a plant, and from the teachings I was given, that tells me it is either a medicine or a food, or both. In my 'belief' (and I hate using that word) marijuana is both. look at all the healing factors of this plant, whther indica or sativa, whether oil, bud or fresh. quit burning your food, a particular plant that was denied of its life, and no one has yet to know it's real potential.
    anyways, you want more info, you know where to drop a line.
    ciao my friend.

14. Sounds reasonable, but what about vaporization?

15. Wow, really? That is very interesting. So if i grinded up some herb and just heated it in the microwave it would get me higher if i threw it in, let's say a bong or spoon as well?

16. check out this article about eating raw marijuana. washingtonpost.com

Turns out it is one of the best ways to heal desease.

17. Child, no no, thats just being ignorant!

:D

But really the cannaboid receptors only receive the cannabis's THC when it is heated to about 350 degrees ferenheit, I believe.

;):smoke:

18. You can get high from eating it, you need alot though. I have done it before in my glory days of knowing nothing about weed.

19. #39 DC Toker, Jun 6, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2010
    Dude... there's no THC in weed. Yes, I did write that there is no THC in weed.

There is THC-A. That is the chemical female weed plants make a lot of on the buds. It has other psychoactive chemicals too, but THC is the "high" feeling; the other chemicals just alter the high.

Now, THC-A does nothing for you if you inhale it, ingest it, give it to yourself in a suppository.. etc. You have to do something to it to make the THC-A molecules turn into THC. They do this over time (months), but we want to get high NOW! So we heat it to 126C, and instantly over 60 different psychoactive chemicals found in mj vaporize into the air (or smoke, if you're burning it). This process is called decarboxylation in the chemistry world. Then your lungs absorb it with the oxygen you breath.

Or, you can heat it 106C while immersing it into a liquid with which THC molecules bond to. THC has a very low solubility rate in water, so alcohol or fat type molecules work well. Boiling all the water out of butter, then removing the milk stuff from the bottom makes a pure buttery liquid that is 100% fat. As the THC-A turns to THC, it bonds to the fat (or alcohol) molecules.

Now, the human colon is designed to absorb fat and alcohol molecules, so obviously if the molecules it absorbs has THC on attached to them, you get high. If the THC hasn't found anything to bond to, you'll just poop it out without ever absorbing it into your bloodstream! THAT'S why you can't get high without decarboxylating and bonding the THC.

20. Wow, I'm sorry but this is a really horrible fallacy. You can't use something your stoned ass mind just came up with and use it as proof for something else it for some reason came up with.