What's for dinner?

Discussion in 'The Great Indoors' started by oldskoolgrower, Feb 19, 2009.

1. Pork loin with potatoes, carrots, onion, and celery

Attached Files:

2. A big old plate of Calamari with Marinara sauce to dip it in.

3. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1447720288.550564.jpg

Tikka masala with chips ft master kush glass

4. Turkey/Chicken and dumpling soup.

5. pickled Jalapeno mayo

6. some sort of curry

7. Inside-out margherita pizza from the local spot. Best 10 buck pizza in town.
    [​IMG]

8. I just made a really delicious side dish some people here may really like, because I sure did!
    Ingredients:
    Baby spinach
    Hemp hearts
    Soy sauce
    Choice of oil (I just used vegetable because I was out of sesame but I think sesame or avocado oil would be delicious)

Cut the stem tips off the baby spinach and cook until soft in frying pan with chosen oil.
    Put the spinach in a strainer to get off any extra water and oil from frying. Put in a boil and mix with just a bit of soy sauce. Then throw in a lot of Hemp hearts. Really cover the spinach in hearts!

My spinach was about to go bad so I did this and it was awesome

9. I was in the mood for duck, so I am about to do a pan roasted duck breast with some roasted root vegetables as a side. The latter would be potatoes, parsnips, carrots, and onion.

10. Tonight's menu includes baked chicken with bacon. both seasoned with onion, black pepper, red pepper, thyme, sugar, rosemary, sage, and all spice. For our sides we have green beans and dinner rolls. And a strawberry cheesecake for dessert.

11. Soup today, made with leftover Christmas ham and about a dozen kinds of beans. I simmered the bone for hours to make a good, strong ham stock then added parsnips, carrots, celery, onion, garlic, and some herbs. It Was Good.

12. Arabic bread (pita) and butter is my dinner tonight. Yes folks, just that. lol

13. That's awesome. I made some fresh homemade pita yesterday.

14. YUM!
    Did you make some hummus to go with it? :yummy:

15. I almost always have homemade hummus ;)

16. Tonight I am eating alone but decided to do something nice. I'm going to roast a Cornish Game Hen, then as it's almost done glaze it with a mixture of creme fraiche, herbs, and a touch of Dijon Mustard. Trust me, you'll never see a bird that comes out as lovely as that combination. That glaze makes the skin all the better. Before I roast it I'll put a half a lemon and a half an onion inside. The skin will be simply seasoned with sage, salt, and pepper before it starts to roast. That creme fraiche glaze though...that makes already great roasted chicken into the Food of the Gods.

With it I'm making a light salad of spinach and arugula lightly dressed with a simple Balsamic Vinaigrette and oven roasted herbed potatoes. I have a nice bottle of Pinot Grigio to go with it.