What's for dinner?

Discussion in 'The Great Indoors' started by oldskoolgrower, Feb 19, 2009.

1. eggs Benedict is what of my favorites tonight its grass fed burgers baby.

2. #10363 Carne Seca, Jun 24, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2015
    Shrimp Alfredo over linguine pasta w/ asagio breadsticks and a spinach/nasturtium salad w/ shaved radishes, baby corn, snow peas, artichoke hearts, fresh grated parmesan and toasted garlic croutons. Topped with a raspberry vinaigrette. Dessert was a Tirimasu flan and the beverage was a white wine Sangria for the adults and Sun Tea for the kids. Great dinner.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Tonight I ate fettuchini alfredo and iced tea.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Chicken salad sandwich, cucumber salad and lots and lots of iced sun tea.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Cereal, all of the cereal in the pantry! Mixed in one bowl, coco puffs, Cheerios, Apple smacks, followed by some delicious almond milk

• Like Like x 1
  6. probably going to heat up some chili in awhile. too lazy to cook anything.

7. My roommate is making some rice and beef thing but eh idk.. not really feeling it.

8. #10371 Carne Seca, Jul 10, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2015
    The kids were wanting to try the Chalupas at Taco Bell. I wasn't having it. I told them "Over my dead body." and they were like, "If that's what it takes." So we compromised. I made some fry bread for the shell and filled it with marinated chicken, bacon, guacamole, onions, tomatoes, lettuce, minced cilantro and sour cream. I also whipped up a batch of chili pequin salsa (chili pequin flakes, onion, garlic, salt, whole stewed tomatoes and cilantro leaves) for the condiment. Dessert was key lime pie and the beverage was virgin Sangria for the kids and alcohol laden Sangria for the adults. It was delicious. The kids really enjoyed it. They let me live.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Barbequed beef burger with cheese. Maybe some macaroni salad. Iced tea.

10. #10375 stevizzy, Aug 7, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2015
    Hey Carne what happened to your pictures? I've been gone for a few months since the switch to the new format on GC so the first thing I wanted to see was "What's Cooking" and noticed you're only describing those tantalizing South Western meals you make. Hope your camera isn't broken.
    I'm still using that awesome Chili Powder you told me about last year. Probably gonna order some fresh Hatch Chili's soon.
    I really love the food from your region of the Country...how about some pictures soon.

PS: Sorry to read about your mom passing :( I lost my mom several years ago and not a day goes by that I don't think about her.

11. Camera's fine. I've just been so busy with the kids, job, husband and robocalls that I never think about taking pics. I'll try to get some. I can't wait for harvest. I'm going to roast a couple of sackfuls and store them. I'm getting low. I'm going to teach the kids how to make ristras this fall. :)

12. I'm eating carne seca and her husband

13. Baked Tilapia, Jumbo Shrimp and Hushpuppies

14. Tonight I made baked pork chops, stuffed mushrooms and a tasty salad... also baguette mmm bread [​IMG]

Attached Files:

15. umm... well.... I have good news and I have bad news. The good thing is my husband is very edible. The bad news is I'm not. This is me:

[​IMG]

I'm all bone and gristle.