Peat moss: warning!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Corto Malteze, Feb 19, 2009.

1. ^^^^ ding ding^^^^^^^

2. Did I win sonething? Is this the price is right? Come on down your thenext contestant! Lol sorry just in a goofy mood

3. Sadly I've been waiting to use a Teal'c "indeed" meme on you....think I might just of lost a chance....and a good one too.

4. Hahaha love it [​IMG]

5. yea same here corto,i don't get any of that stuff either,wat part of the world you hail from?

6. Somewhere in Europe muhahahaha!

7. Its a country I know I want to visit maybe after a successful season this year I will take a vacation. Gotta get my passport :D

8. you're welcome any time bro
    plenty of things to do and see here

9. Hahahaha touch'e ;)

10. I was thinking about using Sunshine Mix #4 for a seedling mix. I'll put 90% Sunshine mix into a 1gallon or .5 gallon, with a little lobster compost on the bottom.

I think people should read the Easy Organic Mix for Beginners thread. A lot of folks swear by it, and it certainly uses peat.

11. A 50/50 mix of peat OR coco coir and coarse builder's sand works the best for me. The choice of peat or coco is up to you, but I'd use whatever is predominant in your growing mix.

12. I have always used peatmoss in my holes. I have sandy brown soil where I live and usually mix vermicompost and peatmoss in my holes along oyster shell powder, rock dusts, and alot of ammendments.

I use perlite and vermiculite when starting seedlings or growing indoor but I find if my holes contain too much perlite, vermiculite, or even too much peat moss large outdoor plants don't hold themselves up as well compared to sandy loam. This is just my opinion.