How To Train Your Dog To Find Your Doobies

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by Matt Mernagh, Feb 17, 2009.

1. #21 overgrowray, Feb 27, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2009

thats what i was thinkin. but were in the states, even worse pa, we keep track of are shit. I'm guessin ppl in relaxed areas just leave it lying around.

but that was a good read none the less.

In the past i have thought about training a dog to find plants, so i could just randomly walk through the woods and rip ppls plants. but after serious thinking about it i decided against it, i couldn't live with myself being a ripper, no matter how much money was involed. i'd rather rob old ladies.

2. Damn dude i never really even thought of it. Rippers are out using dogs every year.

Cheaters:mad:

3. yup. it sucks

4. It's easy. Check it out. Get a tennis ball. Cut a slit in it big enough to put some weed inside. THrow this for your dogs and make them do tricks for it when you dont throw it. They will get used to smelling the weed and doing tricks and chasing the weed that that's what they will want to keep getting. That's just the first step. I got my dog to do it :) SHe's been doing it for about 4 months - 20 month old chocolate lab.

5. Whenever I toke up in my house my dog always comes to sit with me, maybe she already likes the smell.

She is a bulldog though, I like to think of her as stuborn instead of stupid but either way I doubt I"d have much luck.

6. i would so try this if my dog wasnt a complete retard and 10 years old

7. Same, and thats only cause I was drunk and moving around alot :)

I wonder if its possible to train a pug to do this...:D

8. i haven't hidden weed in forever. more likely to leave it in one room and forget which one. there's bongs everywhere in my house. glad ppl enjoyed the idea. keep reporting the results.

9. when i get my next pitt, she will be my drug dog!
    from a young age she will be playing with weed laced toys..
    the hard part will be training the dog not to eat it..
    teaching the dog to find it but have self controll enough to let you retrieve it

10. yea thats the trick

11. Are there any age restrictions? Mt dog is already around 5 years old :( I hear that puppies learn this stuff allot better/quicker

12. ah crap.. i though you where gonna tell us how to do it

13. puppies would work best. but if your five year-old dog already retrieves a tennis ball hollow one out and stuff some weed into. something about teaching old dog new tricks.

14. Maybe you have a friend that's not as bright as you. That way you could pull the line "if my dog finds your bud you get to smoke me up".

It has it's benefits :)

15. Cool article but only certain dogs have the personality to become a drug dog. They also must be trained from a young age.

16. This is awesome!! I have Beagles, who have an AMAZING sense of smell, so I'm very excited to try this out this weekend.

17. In Cali we say smoke me out,:D

18. Cute read. It sounds like a great party favor because people love dog tricks! haha :smoke:

19. a beagle would be a great drug dog. they have an incredible snout. though they are very stubborn. my brother had one. stubborn dog. and boy could it howl. crazy howl. talk about bark at the moon.

20. Aww! Great idea!

I had a black lab that just passed 2 weeks ago :(.

But, I remember when I would come home with the tiniest bit of weed he would be sniffing me like crazzzy!! I wish I could have taught him to identify it for me, but that is something I will definitely do once I get a new companion.