Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Cannabutter cost

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by terradactyl, Feb 17, 2009.

1. Im looking to make some edibles soon and was wondering if i should get a tub of cannabutter from the club or make my own, and what the potency of 'club butter' is.

and how much would a tub cost me?

2. I usually make butter from my trim and some lesser buds, and in the process, its a great way to make your less potent stuff, more potent. I make it in a slow cooker, and for just a few bucks, I can make enough butter to make edibles for a year. Stuff kicks your ass, too!:)

I have no idea what a club would charge for it though. I'd make my own, either way, it's fun.

3. Prices at clubs, at least in California, are going to run you between $30 and $50 for a pound, which is good for one really good batch of baked goods, or two decent batches.

Wish I could tell you something better, but that's about it. Most clubs don't stock it either, as it's hard to keep if they don't have a fridge (believe it or not, some clubs don't).

It's really not that tough to make to be honest, if you can get trim or shake from a grower, you're golden.

4. Like people have said, making your own butter is fairly easy. You can make it out of bud if you don't have access to trim. IMO it's kind of wasteful but I know of people who love using bud for butter. WARNING: if you make your own, TEST IT FIRST. I've had people think they've ODed on my stuff. I warned them not to use so much. lol

SIMPLE RECIPE: OZ of trim (or 1/8th of bud), a stick of butter , enough water to cover trim nicely. Put it all in a pot. Simmer for about 2 hours, pushing down vegetation every 15 minutes or so. Strain through strainer removing vegetation. Strain a second time through cheese cloth. Put liquid in the refridgerator for a few hours. You will get a big slab of cannabutter. Toss the water, it's no good. TIP: if making a small amount, put liquid in thin container so you will get a thick slab of butter. It makes it easier to handle.

• Like Like x 1
  5. I wouldn't buy club butter:  too expensive and probably not very potent. Make your own....12 sticks butter(3 lbs.) melted in crockpot, stir in 5oz DECARBED trim (1hour) @ 240 degrees.  Grind trim very fine before decarb.  NO WATER NECESSARY. Cook on low in crockpot for 18 hours stirring occasionally. Strain the entire contents of the crockpot really well. (I use a potato masher in a large strainer). Yield is 3 cups if you really work and strain every little bit. Restrain with a fine strainer to get rid of "junk" matter. As long as you have a source for trim you're all set. I get mine free and return the favor with some of the butter. A wonderful setup.

6. I made my butter by using 2 ounces of trim per stick of butter. One half pound of trim to one pound of butter. It's very intense and would not recommend more than a1/4 teaspoon to start. 1/2 teaspoon made me VERY wasted

7. I just made some butter with a half oz of bud and half oz of trim per 1lb of butter I was thinking 100 bucks a lb....does that sound fair?

8. Lol I’d buy the material to make my own.

9. 1/2 ounce of street weed = $20.00
    1/2 ounce of shake = worthless
    1 lb of butter = $2.97
    Your time = @0.00
    Net worth = Hahahahahahhahahahhahhahahahaaaaaaa

BNW

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  10. Instead of getting a tub you can make it on your own. I just made a jar full of butter for myself and it tastes damn good. I even made butter infused cookies last night. Let me know if you want the recipe. I’ll share

11. I'm making a batch of Cannbutter on Thursday or Friday.

I'm going to follow this recipe here, calls for 50-60 grams of Bud to 1lbs of butter.

• Winner Winner x 1