Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

do you guys/gals fill your bongs with any other liquid except water??

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by stickey_fingerz, Feb 15, 2009.

1. why would anyone use mouthwash. it's toxic to drink, imagine if you inhale it into your lungs.

2. its true , one sip will make a nigguh flip.

(no , im not black , get over it & take the power of the word back)

definitely gotta try me some virgin's blood tho.

maybe some diet coke ... with powdered swords ... & if i can find one .. a dragon!

3. Why use anything other than Brita filtered water with ice? I just don't see how a slight taste for 2-4hits outweights the taste of dank bud for the whole session. Now for hookah's....I've used Apple, Orange, and Grape juice...plus a plethora amounts of various gatorade flavors. This hookah lounge i go to has "Orange Crush" (like the soda). Its Orange sheesha mixed with cream sheesha. Mmmm. Put orange gatorade in that and its amazing.

4. If I can get my hands on it I will occasionally use distilled water.

I did use Red Bull one time. Wasn't too great.

5. I didn't put red bull in my own LB though. It was in my pal's.

But i would never put anything sticky in my own Bong. Leaves a sticky film.

6. I change my water for almost every bong, I don't see why anyone would use nasty old bong water.

7. I usually change out my water every bowl or two.

8. Yea by every bong or 2 I meant session of smoking.

9. I use ice cold water, I need to get something to crush up the ice cubes though, more surface area=more cooling :hello: although I already take pretty big hits as it is with big ice cubes

10. Well lets put a little science behind this as for making bong water "hit harder"

THC has a 2.8mg/L solubility in water, thats not very high but this is at 20 C. The smoke coming out will already be hot so it might have a higher solubility. THC is more soluble in organic liquids, but that is not a problem since no one is putting hexane in their bongs.

So if you want to get more out of your bong water there are several things you can do.

1. Saturate the water: that could be done by just saving bong water, or by saturating the water with something else. Tea is saturating with an organic material (not liquid) so it should also be good for lowering the amount of thc that is dissolved

2. Cool the water lower temperature lower solubility

Though since it isn't just THC in bud that gets you high I would suggest saturating the liquid to get your bongwater to hit harder

11. food coloring with water. its fun :smoke:

12. I'll sometimes put some jack daniels or something in my mini bong, yeah it absorbs THC, but a simple fix, Drink it afterwards. ;] tastes terrible but it definitely solves the problem for me :smoke:

13. Quite nasty. But makes sense. If you look at some vids of super milky bong rips, the water is always super disgusting. Will try it out and let you know :bongin::hippie::hello:

14. Um. No? If you use saturated water then you defeat the purpose of using water to filter out the tar. The amount of THC you'll lose in bong water is miniscule.

15. I find plenty of virgins in my courses...All you need to do it become a tech major and bam! you're surrounded by them.

Anyways, I smoke with nothing other than good cool water. I talked about other liquids at the beginning of my smoking career with my mentor but he turned me off that idea pretty quickly.

16. I always fill my bong with chloroform, that must enhance my bud or something because just one hit and that shit knocks me out for the rest of the day!

17. ok, everyone listen carefully. NEVER PUT ALCOHOL OR ANYTHING WITH ALCOHOL (mouthwash) IN YOUR BONG FOR WATER!! alcohol will filter out THC into the water. you would have to drink the bong "water" to get all of the THC, and that would taste disgusting, taking out the whole point of not using water.

18. Where is your evidence? But either way..putting alcohol in a bong = dumb fuckin idea

19. ... evidence? Forizzle? Thc is non-polar, water is polar. Oil is non polar, pour some olive oil on some water, come back in 5 mins, theres your evidence.

But after a while wouldn't the THC start sticking to itself, and begin building up in the water?

20. QWISO hash is evidence. The THC is dissolved in the rubbing alcohol, which is then evaporated. I imagine smoking through alcohol would do exactly the same thing, so you'd really only be inhaling alcohol fumes.

And yeah, it is a really dumb idea regardless