An organic soil mix of mine

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by LumperDawgz, Feb 10, 2009.

1. I see, please excuse me for a minute while I remove my head from my ass

Sent from my N861 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. been using mg this whole time
    that's funny right there.

Twas Ever Thus!

3. I think Tree was inferring that I was being sarcastic - which I was lol - sorry for the confusion.

J

4. You mean I won't have to use that damn pH Up and pH down anymore when I water? Haha. Love it!

so i shouldn't have run 45 gallons of water through my 15 gallon pot?

make up your mind man!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Too funny!
    :smoke: y

7. What's the term 'SRP' stand for?

8. Soft rock phosphate

Sent from my N861 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Ahhh right, yeah ok.

Thanks.

10. Unnecessary for sure...

J

11. A quickie bump.

Wet

12. #496 jerry111165, Jun 25, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 25, 2015
    now here's a thread that's a blast from the past. I remember LD posting this original thread.

It's funny how things change!

" Posted <abbr class="published" itemprop="commentTime" title="2009-02-10T19:26:03+00:00">10 February 2009 - 03:26 PM</abbr>
    <h3 class="" style="margin-bottom: 0px; font-weight: normal; border-bottom-width: 1px; border-bottom-style: solid; border-bottom-color: rgb(238, 237, 228);"></h3>So I'm new here and perhaps this isn't the correct sub-forum to post this but I would like to share the organic soil mix that I use for my MMJ garden. It's based on the 'LC Mix' that appears all over the web.

I start of with Sunshine Organic Growers Mix which consists of 40% organic peat moss, 30% organic coir (washed and inoculated with trichoderma spores), 10% perlite, 10% vermiculite and 10% pumice (medium size). The reasons that all 3 are added by the manufacturer has to do with the CEC (cation exchange capacity) of these 3 aeration amendments. The soil is ph adjusted with dolomite lime and is treated with organic yucca extract as a wetting agent.

This is a professional 'soilless mix' for the nursery plant industry. All of the products used are the best available.

BTW - Sunshine Mix is manufactured by Sun Gro Horticulture which also manufactures Black Gold products (their consumer line) and some other products that appear at Home Depot and Loews, etc. Sunshine Mixes are generally available in the Western US and ProMix is manufactured and distributed in the Eastern US. There is no difference between the 2 products if you're comparing apples to apples.

To the soil I add 25% organic compost, 1 cf. of pumice or rice hulls and that's the basic soil

To that I add 1 cup (per 1 cf.) seed meal (equal parts of canola, cottonseed, flaxseed and alfalfa) to replace the bloodmeal ('N') and organic fish bone meal (4-20-0) to replace the bonemeal in the original LC Mix.

About 1/4 cup of kelp meal and 1 tablespoon of mycorrhizal fungus to each 5 gallon pot and I sprinkle about 1/4 cup of neem seed meal as a top dressing.

That's it other than applying aerated compost teas at the beginning of the veg cycle and then again at the beginning of the flower cycle (a high-fungai tea facilitates the take-up of phosphorous). Just water and I hit them with a foiliar spray of fish enzyme and seaweed extract 1x a week and neem seed oil 2x times a week through veg and the first couple of weeks in the flower cycle to prevent mites and powdery mildew.

It works without any burning, stunted growth, whatever. Just add water.

HTH

This soil costs me less than $6.00 per cf. to put together.

LumperDawgz"Edited by LumperDawgz, 10 February 2009 - 03:28 PM.

13. Grrrrrrr!! Still won't let me quote anything.

So, thanks for quoting that first page, which was kinda the purpose I had in mind. Yep, things do change a bit over the years and then seem to circle back.

You know we both joined here within a couple months of each other a "few" years ago. Good times.

Wet

• Like Like x 1
  14. does anyone know how much the ld mix approximately makes with the info listed ? All it says is the medium bag of sunshine to start but it doesn't state how many bags he starts with. Any help would be greatly appreciated

15. How many 20 gallon pots will this mix fill so I know how much to add or subtract. Any info is appreciated thanks

16. Remmar,
    this is an old soil mix you should check out the No-Till thread for the most up to date information on how to make an amazing soil and how to care for it.
    the op of this post, LumperDawgz is now under a new account AgnesDawgz and you will see him posting there lots of info as well.

oh an welcome to GC :)

• Like Like x 3