Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Apprentice Toker's Guide to Bongs

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by sparticus63, Feb 9, 2009.

1. Ah, good thread. I remember back in my first bong days :cool: Back in the seventh grade. So confusing back then

2. whats the difference between an ash catcher and a pre-cooler??

3. Same thing.

4. Whats it called when there are percolators in the tube itself?

5. Inline. If it's sitting outside the tube it's most likely an ashcatcher.

6. Really...? I'm neither of those. I got a cheap mini-bong for solo use that works great. It would be retarded for that thing not to have a carb.

7. I'd like to know why it's bad form to refer to bongs as bongs in head shops (although it would explain why the cashier was rude to me by the end of the transaction when I bought Obsidian Gonch).

Is it just because headshops have to legally say they're selling "tobacco-use only" products?

8. OK, only thing i see missing within your guide are shower head percs. Witch personally i have heard are the very best kind. wouldn't know have no expierince with it. Also a carb makes a bong harder to clear because of the simple fact that a slider causes a rush of air from below the water to move up and press the smoke upwards in an even column. A carb on the side allows air in but stirs the smoke badly and dosnt really give the smoke a particular direction or steady pressure, considering most carbs are on the side. That usually means air rushing into the bong from the side, giving the smoke some directions but once the airflow hits the side of the bong it just goes everywhere. Thus, bong with slide easier to clear then bong with carb.Its not about just getting air to it to clear it, its about placement and direction of airflow.

9. Thank you, I created an account to like and comment on this thread because it was so helpful.

10. I have a question about ashcatchers. I am looking at a bong that has a 18.8mm joint, but a downstem that reduces it to 14.5mm. The bowl included with the bong is a 14.5mm so obviously i'd just use the downstem.
    However, I am looking to get an ashcatcher. The ashcatcher joint size says its 14.5mm, so I assume I can use it with my bong as long as I use the downstem as well. My question is, does the 14.5mm also mean that the joint for the bowl on the ashcatcher is 14.5mm? I want to be able to use the bowl pictured with my bong as apart of my ashcatcher.

Any and all help is appreciated! If what I said didn't make sense just let me know i will try to clarify lol

11. Bump...if anybody could help me I'd really appreciate it I am looking to buy this stuff as soon as I can just wanna make sure I'm right with the measurements and everything

12. You should be good, man.

13. This is without a doubt the most comprehensive bong guide I have ever seen. I agree, someone should sticky this. A must read for new tokers :hello:

14. By good you mean the bowl with the bong will fit into the ashcatcher? If they're both advertise to be 14.5mm. Does the 14.5 mm refer to both the ashcatcher going into the bong as well as the size of the bowl going into the ashcatcher?

15. My friends were all fighting over who was gonna roll the blunt in 7th grade. We didn't have time for no facy whodathunkits :cool::smoke:

16. Man I wish this was here when I started toking haha.

17. Must...not...leave....first page ;)

18. I've been looking at bongs online and most seem to be much taller than 18cm. I myself don't want a very tall bong like 60cm+ because I know I wouldn't be able to clear it, but are 18cm bongs considered mini bongs or is that a normal height for bongs.

He said 18" (inches). yeah, 18 cm is pretty small :D . And 60 cm is 24 inches. I agree with him on the 18" thing though. Anything bigger than that would be kinda ridiculous. I just ordered a 16" double honeycomb perc with a cyclone splash guard and a double honeycomb perc ashcatcher. I have a feeling it's gonna last a good while  :bongin:

20. What a guide