Peer pressure and cigarettes

Discussion in 'General' started by dustinw88, Feb 7, 2009.

1. I only smoke cigarettes when I'm drunk or high, so it's not really a habit for me. Yeah, it enhances the high for me.

Marb Reds.. I also like most menthols..

2. #42 iDontSmokeBlunt, Aug 6, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2010
    Because OP wanted suggestions, so he's giving him a suggestion. To each his own..

Also, to this guy^^ you have it wrong. The first cigarette someone smokes is relaxing, so how are you to say that it is just the addiction that relaxes you? If everyone just smoked 1 cigarette and it didn't relax them, then they wouldn't keep doing it...

You're just spitting out bs propaganda that TV ads use to slander tobacco.
    I smoke, whenever I want. And If i'm without a cigarette for a week or two, I don't care at all. I haven't smoked in a month as of now..

3. I'll continue to call people on irresponsible and dangerous suggestions, so yeah, to each his own :rolleyes:

4. i roll my own shit with bugler tobacco and regular papers. I think it's a little bit better for you than conventional cigarettes from big tobacco companies.

i smoke about 5 cigs a day and can quit and pick up again whenever i want to. i've never wanted to smoke more or felt cravings when i didnt smoke.

5. You're probably right, but you'd still be better off with a good organic tobacco. Most of the commercial stuff has unneeded nasties from the growing practices.

6. smoking everyday for six years. well, may subtracting two or three days. but still, six years.

wish i could quit, want to quit. just don't see it happening.

when I didn't smoke them, I didn't mind anyone smoking around me.

idk what I'm talking about, just one of the things I hate the most, I guess.

7. I love rolling tobacco. It's fresh, tastes good, cheap and it's classy. Also it helped be able to roll a mean join in like 10 seconds. I'm not a daily smoker. I you want to smoke then smoke. For me it's easy to control for some people, not so much. Just do what you want.

8. You can. I was heavily addicted to nicotine at one point in my life. Once I made that final decision to walk away it was hell for a few days, but after those few days the rest is in your head.

Now I can enjoy a nice cigar, sans inhaling, and not even care. If I can quit after about fifteen years of smoking you can quit right now.

I dare you to throw them away and never have another :D

9. i would probably smoke organic tobacco if it was as cheap. i saw American Spirit "natural" or "organic" tobacco the last time i was at the shop and googled it, and the company is a part of r.j. reynolds, but in order to label their tobacco "organic", they have to conform to the usda standards.

so i guess i'll try that next time.

10. Yeah no chemicals are used. It's grown on separate farms from the other RJR stuff.

Don't get me wrong, I'd rather see people quit, but if one is going to smoke at least smoke the good stuff :)

11. #51 jamesh, Aug 6, 2010
    It's hard. I don't even know what it is about them that makes me smoke them, when I want to quit.
    I guess that's addiction? :confused:

I feel like if I quit smoking the cigarettes, I'll have to quit marijuana.

because I LOVE one after a nice hit.
    Well, I basically enjoy the feeling of smoke in my lungs. Can't blame it on Mj.

I've thrown them away before, but always find myself with them.

...doesn't help that I get them for free either.

idk.

12. That is what is so hard for me. I just LOVE to have a cigarette after smoking a bowl or whatever. Its just 2nd nature to pull out a cigarette after I smoke.

13. Hard means difficult, not impossible :)

14. #54 jamesh, Aug 6, 2010
    I feel you man. I have to ask though, OSG, how did you quit?

I'm at the attitude right now, where I only get one life, why not smoke?
    We'll die eventually, why not smoke? I feel it's just an excuse sometimes.
    My mind is just twisted in every direction.
    This is my last post, I hate sounding desperate. Though, I am in so many ways.

15. I smoke cigs due to extreme boredom.