Peer pressure and cigarettes

Discussion in 'General' started by dustinw88, Feb 7, 2009.

2. Id smoke just to have these...

[​IMG]

"Camel Crush is a customizable cigarette that contains a small blue menthol capsule within the filter. By squeezing the filter before or while smoking the cigarette, a small blue capsule is crushed and releases chemicals into your filter, transforming a regular cigarette into a menthol one in a matter of moments."

3. yeah man I should just go pick up a pack of camel crushes because they're really fun to smoke when you're drunk...

I don't smoke regularly or anything, but sometimes you just want to smoke when you're drunk or whatever so I usually have a pack just lying around...I have to buy a new pack like every month or month and a half. I've never had any cravings and I don't have an addictive personality, which is the reason why I still have them. I guess ultimately you have be the judge and decide whether you could potentially get addicted based on your own experiences and personality, but if you can handle it they're pretty nice occasionally.

4. all kinds of things are wrong with your post OP, but im too lazy to point them out. lets just take this for example

"so if cig smoke really relaxes you i don't see why i shouldn't smoke them"

how about all of the different kinds of diseases and health risks? not to mention supporting this fucked up government by buying these piece of shits which are way worse for you than weed yet legal. either of those alone are enough for me to not buy that crap.

sorry to the cig lovers.

5. Nicotine is not a relaxant. It's a stimulant, vasoconstrictor, and in large doses a nerve toxin. The only reason smokers think it's relaxing is when they get their nicotine it makes the withdrawl cravings go away.

6. fuck peer pressure, I've never smoked a cig in my life and don't plan on it. I've heard its an extremely hard habit to quit so I wouldn't do it if I were you

7. I'd +rep you if I could but I've given too much out today and it won't let me.

8. I'm just like you, I know it's unhealthy etc etc. But I smoke it once in a while, don't buy your own packs ever, if somebody shares, you can accept some time, not all the time. I find smoking a cig after a while nice. But I never get hooked on em, just chill on em then done, after a few months again.

9. Now i'm going to give you a different point of view.
    I'm a varsity athlete, stoner, drinker, and occasional cig smoker.

I never buy cigs, whenever i smoke i bum them. I can only bum cigs when i'm with certain friends, and i don't see them daily. At parties ill end up smoking massive amounts of cigs, like 10 or more because everyone has them. (that's a lot for me).

I also intermittently exercise (it's summer right now, i'm not going to go hard) and i don't feel the ill effects of cigarettes, or smoking in general, including weed.

I am in no way addicted. I never think about them, never consider buying them (unless they're for other people). I think it's due to me not buying tobacco for personal use, and either a strong will or a non-addictive personality.

If you want to smoke cigarettes, but are afraid of getting addicted, try doing what i do. Never buy them, always bum. Be smart, have a strong will. People who gradually let themselves go are weak in the mind or just don't care. I've always been told that one cigarette leads to another, and pretty soon you've become addicted. I no longer believe this, i've personally proved this wrong.

Good luck.

10. its not peer preassure if people around you r lighting up then you should have the fucking balls to not light up with them.

Nobody will say "OMG WHY ARENT U SMOKING" just say "naw i dont want one"

dont blame others for YOU putting the cigarette in YOUR mouth

11. I've been smoking nearly everyday for a few months now. I stopped this Sunday and haven't had any withdrawals or cravings. The reason I enjoy cigs is because they are sociable and I really like the headrush the tobacco gives you. Addiction all comes down to personality. I know people who became addicted after their first cig!

12. Exactly the same for me but over a longer period.

I smoke socially. In the UK social smoknig hasd risen by like 30% or something mad over the last year, it shows cos pretty much all the people i associate with smoke when they drink or whatever.

If I go out to a club I can easily smoke probably 30 odd cigarettes, but in the average day I can go without and when I dont I'll have 2 or 3 maximum.

I guess its just down to mentality as to whether you get addicted or not. Luckily I dont feel I am going down that route.

13. I smoked cigarettes for about 5 years started to cough horribly which made me quit. Haven't smoked a cigarette in 2 months now

14. Yea, it's nearly impossible for me to drink and not smoke.

15. Try one and see if you like it. If not, don't do it anymore.

16. I dont smoke and never plan to.

I know what you're talking about with the whole social thing.
    Espessially now since it is banned to smoke in bars.
    Everyone leaves to go outside to smoke. And your just there left alone.

Although, like a lot of people, I do smoke when I'm really drunk. But im not a heavy drinker so its pretty rare.

Dont start smoking. Not worth the cancer.

17. Why would you suggest someone try something with no theraputic value and that is proven to be both highly addicitve as well as ultimately deadly?

:confused:

18. Plus the new regulations on American cigarettes which addes FSC paper is a really harmful, months after the introduction of it I noticed i would always cough up mucus

19. Oh I only really smoke roll-ups cos they're so cheap and seemingly much better for you the normal cigs and I seem to get a better head rush from them. Also good to have a packet of tobacco for spliffs aswell.

20. just treat it just like achohol its not like you should start smoking FULL time but everyonce in awhile have one or two i hate the feeling of smoking all the time it just feels nasty but one here and there is nice :)