Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account
Grasscity.com 420 Sale - 25% Discount

Dirty Bong Water

• Please log in to reply

GumDispenser

GumDispenser

Search of Cannabis Island

• Registered Upgraded
  • 728 posts
I've noticed in tv-shows and movies that characters value the water in their bong. As if, old water & dirty bongs are superior to clean water/bongs.

Can anyone explain this? I have never READ anything about keeping a bong dirty with old water. I've always read about cleaning it and having fresh cold water.

Picture related.
Early scene from "Grandma's Boy"

Posted Image

Similar Topics: Dirty Bong Water     x

brcmix

brcmix

• Registered Upgraded
  • 119 posts
Haha, dirty bong water is only ever mentioned because of its horrible smell and/or taste.

GumDispenser

GumDispenser

• Registered Upgraded
  • 728 posts
just to add, Seth Rogen also had a dirty bong scene in Knocked Up. The scene where he saves his bong from the earthquake but throws it in the bushes when the cops drive by him.

Yet Seth Rogen is a known pothead, so he'd have said something about that scene not making sense if it didnt...

ragekage

ragekage

midnight toker

• Registered Upgraded
  • 121 posts
i hate going to a friend's house and they offer me a filthy, black and tar-ridden bong to hit.

the hit tastes bad, i get ash in my mouth, and i most of the time i won't even hit it because if they haven't cleaned it in fuck knows how long, i don't have any kind of idea how many people i've never met have had their mouth on it.

and yeah, i live near slutger's university. say what you will but i will forever be paranoid of catching something from dirty bongs.

i keep mine clean, i'll spend an hour each on them if i have to.

Tuscano56

Tuscano56

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,225 posts

just to add, Seth Rogen also had a dirty bong scene in Knocked Up. The scene where he saves his bong from the earthquake but throws it in the bushes when the cops drive by him.

Yet Seth Rogen is a known pothead, so he'd have said something about that scene not making sense if it didnt...

That didnt have anything to do with the water

GumDispenser

GumDispenser

• Registered Upgraded
  • 728 posts
oh I know he wasnt pissed to break it because of the water. He was pissed because that bong must have been over 150$

However, the bong water was dirty. Instead of cleaning it often like I'd do, they keep it dirty.

thunderxgod

thunderxgod

• Registered Upgraded
  • 143 posts
man i change the bong water after everytime i smoke. i like to taste the weed im smokeing not the essence of butthole taste that comes with dirty bong water/dirty bong. just a little advice unless u have a $700 Roor that can only be cleaned with a kit and you dont have that kit. Clean the bong out between seshions. just find a sink, dump the old water out, rinse it a little and put new water in. simple. that will keep you happy and stoned without paying the price of tasteing a goat's asshole. :bongin:

Madmike420

Madmike420

moderator supreme

• Old School
  • 6,192 posts
I have never cleaned my bong and change the water like once a week, but it is a shitty plastic one.

pinball wizard

pinball wizard

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 2,740 posts
...dude, who the hell do you know that likes dirty bong water? I don't MIND it unless it's really old but like it? no.... Sometimes it hits better after a few bowls, so not PERFECT water... but still clear of course.

phyking

phyking

Registered Grower

• Registered Upgraded
  • 2,096 posts

i hate going to a friend's house and they offer me a filthy, black and tar-ridden bong to hit.

the hit tastes bad, i get ash in my mouth, and i most of the time i won't even hit it because if they haven't cleaned it in fuck knows how long, i don't have any kind of idea how many people i've never met have had their mouth on it.

and yeah, i live near slutger's university. say what you will but i will forever be paranoid of catching something from dirty bongs.

how do you get ash in your mouth if your using a bong? and i cant stand dirty bong water. i change mine at least once a day.

Smokeitdown

Smokeitdown

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 4,797 posts

bahahaha I used to live near rutgers campus and partied there alot and I was ALWAYS super cautious. You never know whats going around there next. All types of crazy std shit

But yeah I had a friend who I asked why all his bongs had old water in them and he said its better. Which I think is bullshit too. I clean my bong once a week and have fresh water in it daily. Just the smell of bong water makes me wanna puke. I can smell it if its anywhere near me. I hate my enhanced sense of smell since quitting smoking cigs.

Edited by Smokeitdown, 05 February 2009 - 11:31 PM.

GumDispenser

GumDispenser

• Registered Upgraded
  • 728 posts
particles still make it through, especially if the water bubbles are big enough. You think all of the air is filtered by water? most of it doesnt even touch water, it's in the middle of a bubble.

Smokeitdown

Smokeitdown

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 4,797 posts

particles still make it through, especially if the water bubbles are big enough. You think all of the air is filtered by water? most of it doesnt even touch water, it's in the middle of a bubble.

And that's why diffusers are so useful children!

lol sorry I'm baked and just bought one and had to say it :)

Relaxin420

Relaxin420

Daily Toker

• Registered Upgraded
  • 339 posts
ive never ever had a ashy hit from any water piece EVER and dirty bong water doesnt really do anything but make it look nasty. the smoke is still filtered and still taste the same and u shouldnt have your mouth on a bong it should be inside. i dont gum my bongs idk about u

Saiko

Saiko

dun dun dun

• Registered Upgraded
  • 207 posts
I clean up after every session. I hate toking it up with dirty bong water

zxcvbnm123

zxcvbnm123

• Registered Upgraded
  • 462 posts
this is one thing all the highschool kids dont care about where i live. one guy had the same water for like 6 months, half of that it was half frozen out in his shed. there was bugs in it and shit.it got changed when i told him change it thats nasty for like the tenth time.

i always brought my pipe there :)

Mileslocman

Mileslocman

• Registered Upgraded
  • 301 posts
they put dirty bong water because in movies and have potheads not normal people that just so happen to smoke weed because it's easier to write to the cliché than it is to be original

i wash my bongs homemade and other weekly (depending on their use)
and fresh cold water and ice after every session (most real people do)

Dante Blaze

Dante Blaze

Epik Sessionz - 8:40

• Registered Upgraded
  • 745 posts
My water don't get dirty. . . . .:ey:

MOTABOY!

MOTABOY!

KUSH LIFE

• Registered Upgraded
  • 295 posts
cause its supposed to show that the bong has been used alot ..supposedly by the actor so it makes u think of them as more of a stoner

WeeD BurPs

WeeD BurPs

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 1,120 posts

you shouldnt get ash in your mouth as the ash is in the water and unless your pulling to the point where water is splashing you, you should be alright. and to avoid putting your mouth on the bong, make a circle with your fingers that can surve as an extension to the top of the bong.

i change my bong water every day or two!! freshhhhhhh

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users