Welcome to Grasscity Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Soldering irons...

• Please log in to reply

Myth

Myth

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts
So I decided to give my soldering iron a try today. Only problem is that it has been used before and has traces of solder stuck to the tip. I'm assuming this is probably not a good thing health-wise. Do you think it would be ok if I just let it heat up and get as much of that off as I can? (I'm hoping most of it will melt off) Is there any way I can guarantee it safe to ignite bud with, or would it just be better at this point to buy a new one?

Similar Topics: Soldering irons...     x

BayAreaToker

BayAreaToker

o0o0o0o yeah!

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,088 posts
When it gets hot you can get all the solder off

Myth

Myth

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts
It's been heated and what not. I don't see anything that appears to be stuck on the tip, but it does have some silvery looking places on it. Think it should be good?

smurfgod

smurfgod

I am Ferret

• Registered Upgraded
  • 264 posts
what????yea,im lost.what exactlly are u gonna do with the soldering iron and the bud...step by step...

smurf :confused:

Myth

Myth

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts
You replace your butane lighter with a flame-less soldering iron. Less THC wasted.

ben1234

ben1234

• Registered Upgraded
  • 297 posts
When its cool you can get some sandpaper and sand the solder off and make the tip shiny again. Then just clean it off and should be good to go.

trikky

trikky

Glassblower

• Old School
  • 6,214 posts
You're only suppossed to use the soldering iron with the ceramic tip in it's core. Assuming it's a ceramic tipped unit. You'll need to take off the outer, metal piece.

mattc707

mattc707

Glass Fiend

• Registered Upgraded
  • 3,110 posts
Solder has a lotta lead...that would be horrible for you to use to light bowls.

What kinda soldering iron are you tryin?

elite_evo_0

elite_evo_0

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
yeah man...what are u doing. u need a ceramic core soldering iron and take it apart to light with the CERAMIC part...not a metal tip!

lead is SUPER harmful (hence we don't use lead paint anymore), i hope u didnt use it to toke already....

Myth

Myth

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts
no I decided it was more trouble than it was worth.

Maidennj

Maidennj

Snack'N'Nap:)

• Registered Upgraded
  • 411 posts
It may work, But i have such a retarded image in my head of some guy with a bowl in one hand and a fuckin soldering iron in the other which he is bringing towards the bowl.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users