smokin' weed and fitness

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by bas762, Feb 4, 2009.

1. Does smoking weed affect your fitness levels?:smoke:

2. Affects your cardio a little. Might make you eat way more = fat gain..

But no not really

3. Sure as hell doesn't help you. Depends on what your goals are imo.

4. Vaporize. Problem solved

5. just don't go do a kickboxing class while high.. it's not the greatest idea.:eek:

6. weed helps me focus on my specific muslce groups when im lifting, literaly, i can feel every muscle that is being worked, what is lagging behind and soforth. i dont really do specific cardio but i play varsity basketball high as fuck all the time, and do very well

7. I was more into my workouts when high. No smoke = less motivation:(

8. Not if u watch wut u eat, if its healthy food n lots of protein ur gonna build muscle... thats wut i do wit da munchies.:smoke:

9. I feel ya, it just makes me focused n I can feel how I'm feeling much better... lol :smoke::smoke::smoke: I also feel I can push myself more n maxing out is easier.

10. I wouldn't recommend it for benching because of all of the weight, especially while maxing out...or any other pushing motion really, not that it really ever stopped me...but doing like bi's or something is always a treat ripped as hell.

Otherwise yeah, if you go all out on the munchies then you're probably gonna get pretty chunky, unless you go healthy obviously. In regard to cardio, it will effect it but you just have to work past it like with everything else.

11. its never really affected my fitness badly.. I play water polo and find it only helps to have a toke before a big game. oh and a toke after of course :smoke:

12. Depends on what you mean by fitness? It will affect your cardiovascular health (If you smoke it). But when weight training I believe it can aid you. Everynight after the gym I smoke one on the way home. Marijuana can increase appetite and can help you sleep which are essential to increase mass and muscle in general.

13. Straight up, if your goal is to have great cardio, then it would be easier to not smoke, but if you are trying to get big then it can help if anything.

You can't really have great cardio and be big, it makes your body want to decrease in size.

14. Ya its different went benching... takes less time 2 max out, but I always am aware so I kno my limits, when Im high I just get in a complete zone and push myself and am more focused. I love working out period and my lungs just keep getting better for smokin! :smoke:;)