• by Aaronl8n
  • Feb 03 2009 10:13 PM
  • 17 Replies
  • Please log in to reply

• Aaronl8n
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 581 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 10:13 PM

Ive always used 420 cleaner and rubbing alcohol but im out, just wondering if there were any reasons NOT to use dish soap?

Anyone ever tried it.. if you have did it clean well?

thanks homies
-Aaron :smoke:
Replies (17)

• Devil's Advocate

• StickyIckyRicky
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 9,790 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 10:16 PM

Well I guess if you don't mind tasting soap when you hit it...

• PipPip
  • LiquidOC
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 24 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 10:19 PM

There's no reason not to, but no, it doesn't clean as well as rubbing alcohol and salt. That's really all you need....it's like 4 bucks to get a big bottle of rubbing alcohol and some coarse salt, go get some!

**note: If you use soap on a plastic pipe, I would rinse it like 12 times to get rid of all the soap, if it is a glass/ceramic piece...just rinse it. Do you taste soap on your dishes?

• Bronze member

• calicheese23
  • Bronze Member
  • 1,179 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 10:45 PM

I do it all the time. Hot water and soap works alright. And no I have never had my bong taste like soap afterwords.

• Banned

• ihugtrees
  • Banned by Moderators
  • 2,844 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 10:49 PM

if you can and no one will complain about the smell, pop it in the dishwasher

• hey at least it aintcrack

• RobertHope
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 2,210 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 10:51 PM

go for it i use it all the time.just make sure to rinse it out extra good no one wants a soapy bong hit!

• Bronze member

• calicheese23
  • Bronze Member
  • 1,179 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 10:57 PM

if you can and no one will complain about the smell, pop it in the dishwasher

Hmm I've never put the bong in the dishwasher before. Do you think the downstem will be alright?

• wengmastachung
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 415 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 11:02 PM

if you use your dishwasher be sure that your bong isnt gonna crack from heat. gotta be thick glass. and it should be tilted so water doesnt sit in it.

I used dishsoap to clean mine when it starts to smell. then when it gets resiny i break out alch and salt.
  • theicemanmypass likes this

• Aaronl8n
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 581 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 11:05 PM

There's no reason not to, but no, it doesn't clean as well as rubbing alcohol and salt. That's really all you need....it's like 4 bucks to get a big bottle of rubbing alcohol and some coarse salt, go get some!

**note: If you use soap on a plastic pipe, I would rinse it like 12 times to get rid of all the soap, if it is a glass/ceramic piece...just rinse it. Do you taste soap on your dishes?

^ thanks bro, its snowing like crazy here and im snowed in with no bud just looking for something to take up my time. Ill give it a try.

and my dishes dont taste like soap

:smoke: thanks

• AMachine
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 116 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 08:25 AM

I use soap after every session but residue still builds up, just a lot slower.

• blaze all day everyday.

• Proud2Smoke
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 1,925 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 10:10 PM

is it bad to smoke from health wise? and what about washing machine crystal things you scoop and its powder? just a thought im a bit blazed :P

• Mentally exploring 24/7

• downtosesh
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 10:23 PM

I always soak it in Ivory dishsoap.. What's wrong with that? You eat off your dishes that you just washed with dishsoap.

:confused:

• GOT MILK?

• glasslover420
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 10:34 PM

I used shampoo once to get rid of the smell of some opium a friend had smoked in my bubbler. It cleaned, but not as well as $3 worth of iso alcohol and salt. Did get rid of the smell though.

• a never ending bad trip

• BongSquad
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 2,833 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 10:50 PM

I cleaned my first glass on glass with soap once... wasn't the brightest of ideas, had soap bubbling up whenever i took a hit, took like 20 minutes to get rid of them :P
ISO + SALT = clean

• N,N Dimethyltryptamine

• headsmaster
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 1,873 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 11:25 PM

Using dish soap definitely helps with smell i use it all the time just make sure to thoroughly rinse it so there's no more bubbles left

• Banned

• POTatato Head
  • Banned by Moderators
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 11:39 PM

I pretty much only use dawn dish soap on my bong, it doesnt work as good as iso and salt but it will get my bong clean.

@wengmastachung what would be the problem with putting a bong that wasnt too thick in a dishwasher? All my glass cups are less than half the thickness of my bong and have never broken in the dishwasher. (my bong is only 3 mm thick)

• DRO frazier
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 210 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 11:44 PM

I normally just use dish soap to clean the outside of the bong (though I don't see a problem with using it on the inside, just won't work as well as iso/salt), and also to clean all the oily resin off of the outer area of the down stem.

• carmendragon
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 115 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 05:57 PM

just use orange chronic.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Googlebot-Mobile (1)
© Copyright 1999 - 2015 420Network BV | All rights reserved