Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account

Cleaning bong with dishsoap?

• Please log in to reply

Aaronl8n

Aaronl8n

• Registered Upgraded
  • 581 posts
Ive always used 420 cleaner and rubbing alcohol but im out, just wondering if there were any reasons NOT to use dish soap?

Anyone ever tried it.. if you have did it clean well?

thanks homies
-Aaron :smoke:

StickyIckyRicky

StickyIckyRicky

Devil's Advocate

• Registered Upgraded
  • 9,454 posts
Well I guess if you don't mind tasting soap when you hit it...

LiquidOC

LiquidOC

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
There's no reason not to, but no, it doesn't clean as well as rubbing alcohol and salt. That's really all you need....it's like 4 bucks to get a big bottle of rubbing alcohol and some coarse salt, go get some!

**note: If you use soap on a plastic pipe, I would rinse it like 12 times to get rid of all the soap, if it is a glass/ceramic piece...just rinse it. Do you taste soap on your dishes?

calicheese23

calicheese23

Bronze member

• Bronze Member
  • 1,179 posts

ihugtrees

ihugtrees

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 2,844 posts
if you can and no one will complain about the smell, pop it in the dishwasher

RobertHope

RobertHope

hey at least it aintcrack

• Registered Upgraded
  • 2,209 posts
go for it i use it all the time.just make sure to rinse it out extra good no one wants a soapy bong hit!

calicheese23

calicheese23

Bronze member

• Bronze Member
  • 1,179 posts

wengmastachung

wengmastachung

• Registered Upgraded
  • 415 posts
if you use your dishwasher be sure that your bong isnt gonna crack from heat. gotta be thick glass. and it should be tilted so water doesnt sit in it.

I used dishsoap to clean mine when it starts to smell. then when it gets resiny i break out alch and salt.

Aaronl8n

Aaronl8n

• Registered Upgraded
  • 581 posts

There's no reason not to, but no, it doesn't clean as well as rubbing alcohol and salt. That's really all you need....it's like 4 bucks to get a big bottle of rubbing alcohol and some coarse salt, go get some!

**note: If you use soap on a plastic pipe, I would rinse it like 12 times to get rid of all the soap, if it is a glass/ceramic piece...just rinse it. Do you taste soap on your dishes?

^ thanks bro, its snowing like crazy here and im snowed in with no bud just looking for something to take up my time. Ill give it a try.

and my dishes dont taste like soap

:smoke: thanks

AMachine

AMachine

• Registered Upgraded
  • 116 posts
I use soap after every session but residue still builds up, just a lot slower.

Proud2Smoke

Proud2Smoke

blaze all day everyday.

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,925 posts
is it bad to smoke from health wise? and what about washing machine crystal things you scoop and its powder? just a thought im a bit blazed :P

downtosesh

downtosesh

Mentally exploring 24/7

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,578 posts
I always soak it in Ivory dishsoap.. What's wrong with that? You eat off your dishes that you just washed with dishsoap.

:confused:

glasslover420

glasslover420

GOT MILK?

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,228 posts
I used shampoo once to get rid of the smell of some opium a friend had smoked in my bubbler. It cleaned, but not as well as $3 worth of iso alcohol and salt. Did get rid of the smell though.

BongSquad

BongSquad

a never ending bad trip

• Registered Upgraded
  • 2,833 posts
I cleaned my first glass on glass with soap once... wasn't the brightest of ideas, had soap bubbling up whenever i took a hit, took like 20 minutes to get rid of them :P
ISO + SALT = clean

headsmaster

headsmaster

N,N Dimethyltryptamine

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,873 posts
Using dish soap definitely helps with smell i use it all the time just make sure to thoroughly rinse it so there's no more bubbles left

POTatato Head

POTatato Head

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,892 posts
I pretty much only use dawn dish soap on my bong, it doesnt work as good as iso and salt but it will get my bong clean.

@wengmastachung what would be the problem with putting a bong that wasnt too thick in a dishwasher? All my glass cups are less than half the thickness of my bong and have never broken in the dishwasher. (my bong is only 3 mm thick)

DRO frazier

DRO frazier

• Registered Upgraded
  • 210 posts
I normally just use dish soap to clean the outside of the bong (though I don't see a problem with using it on the inside, just won't work as well as iso/salt), and also to clean all the oily resin off of the outer area of the down stem.

carmendragon

carmendragon

• Registered Upgraded
  • 115 posts
just use orange chronic.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users