Seed Brands, Which suck and which are good?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Seeds Banks' started by comeoriginal740, Feb 2, 2009.

1. How do you figure? I see more positive reviews for Attitude than any other seed bank in business today. That's what I based my decision on and they came through for me just fine.

2. #42 hdcruiser07, Jan 20, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2011
    Attitude rocks.I have ordered from them 4 times in the last 6 months and they always came through.They even send me more freebies than what I was suppose to get last time around.
    besides thats harsh coming from someone w/ 2 posts and just joined GC 8 days ago.:mad:

3. i second that.They got me for over $100. & a friend also got ripped by them.
    never again.i see some said they got seeds ok but I am starting to wonder if its AMS thats posting positive responses to rip others.

4. I am one of those who has posted that I have had a good experience with AMS. I am in no way affiliated with AMS. I guess I just got lucky. It was my first seed order ever. I checked the seedbank reviews, they all seemed to list AMS. I picked super skunk and caramelicious and received my order in 2 weeks. Everything has been fine with them so far. Germ rate has been great, male females have been around 50%. They have grown out as described. On the other hand the 20 free seeds are junk, I threw them away.
    My 2nd order went to HGS. They arrived with no complications. I wont begin growing them for a couple of months so I wont know how they turn out until then.

5. good:
    afropips (RIP)
    barney's
    mandala
    nirvana (regulars only)
    sativa seeds
    federation
    DNA genetics
    joey's weed
    soma
    serious seeds
    mr nice
    TH seeds
    doctor chronic (especially troublemaker)
    mr greengenes
    DJ shorts

bad:
    KC brains
    vancouver island seed company
    seedsman
    reeferman
    &
    dutch banks in general exept barney's, mr nice and any others i listed that are dutch

don't forget all of those seed BANKS out there (one of which is listed in the "trusted banks" sticky you should read YESTERDAY) that re-sell nirvana's knockoffs of classic strains like skunk #1, white wiow & jack herer at 3 times their $25-$30 fair market price! familiarize yourself with nirna's cheap but decent stock so thart you don't make the mistake of buying it for $75 from a re-seller.

MOST of the beans i've popped from a bunch of breeders including long gone spice brothers have been fine (high quality seeds' haze skunk is 2 for 2 though it looks more indica than nirvana's haze 19 skunk. other than the 10 @ 0% burmese (VISC) i bought at kindseed, the only trouble i've had with beans has either been freebies or environmental issues affecting ALL beans i'm using at the moment like recently where i'm no bettter than 2 out of 5 for mandala's 8 miles high with at least one of those a male when i had a tall gal & 2 or maybe even 3 shorties out of the 1st 5 starts. i'd swear my landlord was coming in and killing my beans when i'm out as i've never had so many beans refuse to sprout properly in over 10 years of planting beans. i just can't figure out what the issue is unless it's the 70 degree night time temps in the room.

if you're just starting out, get cheap nirvana or mandala beans. they have good strains with white rhino being nirvana's most raved about strain and mandala's 8 miles high is my personal favorite indoor strain of all time until i try some other strains that have more psychoactive sativa style buzzes like POSSIBLY jack herer, haze skunk, apollo 11, & super silver haze, but i TOTALLY want to give the super cali haze i was freebied a second try as the stunted to the size of a daisy one i sampled a couple days ago was awesome and promised a buzz just like real (read giant) haze, but at the same size as taller indoor strains. that was just one other strain i had rooting issues with (as it seemed related more towards sativas, i'm inclined to think it really is temps) but i did get something like 7x C99 crossed seeds out of my tiny dark green gal who was quite sticky for "a sativa" and had that familiar hazey grape odor of highland thai/blueberry.

8 miles high x super cali haze absolutely cannot be a shabby cross. their buzzes are similar (& REAL!!!) with the SCH possibly being more potent while the 8 miles could be used to tame size further. i'm looking into that. i know my C99 x SCHs will be more compact, but not as psychoactive. euphoria is commpon to both though and the C99 won't add couchlock. my C99 phenos lean more towards hazey grapes & flowers than mr greenegenes' potent pineapple phenos, so i bet there's some thai in there too.

i tell you, REAL thai is a bitch & a half to grow. it won't even think of showing it's sex until you'vev given it at least a gallon of soil and even then won't even hint at it's sex until you're harvesting your indoor strains. it's zero odor preflowering though and will respond well to training & supercropping to contain it's size. after i clear my C99s out, i'm making a scrog net for my 1 or 2 full moon thais and the sexy topped HQS' haze skunk that's strething in a low V with up to a dozen TINY buds forming on each shoot with 2nd & opposing rows & looking like something from a japanese silk painting. it might not have as much of a sativa leaf structure & stretching tendency as nirvana's "same" cross, but i did detect psychoactivity (as well as more stone than the PURE skunk #1 i was getting in the late 90s for a minute) particularly in the visual department that show potential even if it doesn't act like what should be a roughly 90% sativa.

those fat ass wenches are getting at least 5 gallon shop buckets or more likely sharing a big tub in just a couple days. after seeing that my half dozen tall & short cindys weren't going to yield me a month's smoke each (in part due to pruning i'm sure) i'll do everything i can to get as much bud as possible out of my 2-3 remaining sativas. i'll have a few other indoor strains coming up that i'll tie in around the edges with the skunk & full moon(s) filling out from the center.

6. I'm growing his Hindu Kush and Hash Plant right now. What did you pick up?

Attached Files:

7. I picked up the super strain mix pack.

8. All right. Thanks for the heads up. I was about to order from The Attitude, but than they started asking me all of these crazy questions. I freaked out and cancelled the order. I would like to order some Chocolope and G13 Haze from them, but now I might since you say they are safe.

I guess their prices aren't too too bad either...

9. Haha, nice! You make a very good point. My post was booboo. I was wrong about The Attitude. Nirvana is good, but they don't hav e nearly the strains The Attitude does

my bad!

10. n.p.Everyone has their opinion.not all experiences are the same.I however have had great experiences w/attitude.whereever you order from I hope you have a great experience too.and good luck on your grow.we are all here to help one another get the very best grow possible.:wave:

11. No doubt man. I got Bubblicious and some Ak48 vegging right now. I also have some White Widow, White Castle, Low Rider seeds soaking. I hope they turn out good.:smoke:

12. Talk all you want.

I've grown great bud from Nirvana Seeds.

I've bought seeds from Attitude and most of them didn't even sprout.

Just luck I guess...