Welcome to Grasscity Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Grasscity.com 420 Sale - 25% Discount

Showing preflowers, but not alternating nodes

• Please log in to reply

coffeeandherpes

coffeeandherpes

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 284 posts
Hey there

So my one White Widow is a girl, showing tons of preflowers. There's quite a few sites all over the plant. One thing that struck me as odd though, is that she hasn't started to alternate nodes yet. The two males that I pulled both had alternating nodes, but a week or two later, the girl still hasn't started alternating.

I'm just curious, is it normal for females to not start alternating as early as males? I've read that once plants start alternating, they've reached sexual maturity. Even showing preflowers, does this plant have a little while to go before she's sexually mature?

Here's a pic. Not a very good one, but you can see that the nodes are not alternating.

Attached Thumbnails

• P1010005.jpg

Edited by coffeeandherpes, 02 February 2009 - 12:30 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users