Going back to the Army

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Oddyball, Feb 1, 2009.

1. Yes, OTH. Work, not an issue. It's kind of like being fired from a job. Also, you don't have to admit on any public non-government application that you've been in the military. The military tries to throw that on you like "you get an OTH you'll never get a job again" bullshit. Military and Civilian background checks are 2 different things. Unless it's a goverment job they have to have your consent to even see your discharge form or any military court actions against you.. and unless you say on a non-gov application "yes i was in the military" they're not going to ask your permission to check... and even if they do, all they can do is not give you the job. The only issue you'll ever run into is a DOD security clearence for any job that requires one. Also, remember all those times in boot camp where drill sgt was like "don't like it? write your congressman." well.. DO IT.. it's not bullshit after all. Give it about a year after OTH and write your congressman explaining your situation (lack the lying SGT, because well, he's not going to side with you on that one either) just explain your PTSD, admit you made a bad choice but wasn't in sound mind.. chances are he'll help you get your discharge changed to an Honrable one, it's his job to please his voters after all, and he will most likely look at it as helping a battered veteran...

2. #22 Oddyball, Feb 2, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2009

Fuck dude, you've put a HUGE smile on my face. So I CAN go to Sill? I thought that was only for soliders who were awol from basic.

(But Germany was expecting me to show, and I was outprocessing from Irwin... so maybe I can go to sill because I was expected at one base, and not completely out my first unit.)