Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How do you store the bud?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by dankdude420, Jan 30, 2009.

1. Recently I switched over from using plastic bags to using the same airtight tub-o-wear and i honestly like it a lot more. it keeps the buds looking more fresh and ill throw an orange peel in there so it doesnt dry up right away. Also, after time you see all the keif on the side of the jar that you would have waisted on using a bag. Any others store the airtight way or just a glad bag all day?

2. I recieve my bud in a bag and immidiately take it out and toss it in an air-tight glass container, which was actually a jar for pommegranite juice, and put in a drawer in a desk. Stays fresh and keeps the smell from overtaking my room.

3. iv always had a jar and personaly i dont see a reason to change it keeps it fresh sometimes i take a shower with the jar open so the humidity freshens up the bud but orange peal is a good idea

4. Mason Jars for the win. They are cheap, durable, and effective. They are also the preferred means of most growers for the final stage of bud curing.

5. another thing if you have a clear jar keep it off desks away from sun

6. It should always be stored in a cool, dark place if possible.

7. that is also true thank you for adding that

8. i keep the majority of my stash in a mason jar which works awesome at keeping it fresh. sometimes though i'll use a ziplock.

9. We're lucky enough to have a root cellar that is always around 55 or so. I use a dehumidifier to keep the RH down around 50%.

Some people have wine cellars. I have a cannabis cellar.

10. #10 flowerchild, Jan 30, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2009

that is delightful:hello:

i put my buds in a nug jar
    if i fill that up i have a little airtight flip top mason jar for the extra

oh, and btw its tupperware, not tub-o-ware
    hehe ;)

11. yeah i have another jar aswell if my main jar fills up my main one holds a qp nicely

12. pill bottles always work for me and for the most time when i have more than an eighth ill fill up the bottle full of grinded bud so its already to go and then keep the rest in a tight jar and repeat. :smoking:

13. there is a pic

Attached Files:

14. i keep my tupperware in my drawer. Over the summer i took a vaction and left it in my car for a while. Needless to say it heated up to like 200 degress and it was TO moist afterwards, it actually almost ruined the bud because of mold.

15. How long will bud stay fresh for in a mason jar, like longer than a month?

16. Far longer. I've had it in jars for a year and it was wonderful. Keeping it cool and in the dark helps a lot. Usually however if I know I'm keeping it longer than six months I tend to vacuum seal it.

17. i have bud at the bottom of my masson jar that i just havent got to yet cuase i keep reuping and its been there for maybe 3 months and its just stale and dry hasnt molded so thats good

18. If the jar is filled enough it won't dry out like that. If I have a small amount of some strain I want to keep I put it in an itty bitty jar for that reason.

19. I use a Thermos. It keeps the bud vacuumed sealed, its insulated so it does change temperature. It keeps my bud safe and as fresh as the day I bought it.

Attached Files: