Text Messege ARRESTED

Discussion in 'General' started by bcustom28k, Jan 29, 2009.

1. a close friend of mine was arrested for txts, story is.....
    my friend sold this girl a bag and had pictures and the whole conversation and meeting on both of thier phones. later that night the girl passes out in a public place....i know shes dumb and shit but still, not his or my fault....anyhoo, the cops looked through her phone so that they could get in contact with someone to pick her up but she was blacked out so she could not supply the proper information, when they saw the txts they went to the kids house and had proof that he dealt drugs, he was taken to court and plead not guilty and lost....he got fucked for txtss.....be smart, make a call

2. ..Unless the cops already suspect you of pushing drugs, and are tapping your calls because right now its 110% legal to do so with the Patriot Act bullshit.

3. ^^ completely untrue but keep telling yourself that

4. #64 xmaspoo, Jan 30, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2009
    Texting is fine, just don't be stupid about it. Have a location set up with your guy beforehand so there is no mention of where the pickup is at. Code is alright, like mentioned before don't make it too obvious.

Ex "We got some pizza left over, you want me to save you a slice?" Assuming there are 8 slices in the pizza, you get it at this point. If you are making a pickup larger than 1oz you likely know the dealer better than you would one you just pick up a few grams from occasionally, so you don't need to rely on the phone for communication.

And stop misrepresenting the Patriot Act with half facts,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USA_PATRIOT_Act

Title II: Surveillance Procedures

5. hahaha im with you fool id rather be in a car smoking a blunt with some bros passing a cop car than to be alone and driving passing a cop car with no blunt cause my license has been expired for over 2 yrs :smoking:

6. #66 pdunny, Jan 30, 2009
    im pretty sure the patriot act is intended to catch terrorists and other foriegn enemies not joe on the corner selling dime bags...

7. #67 PennLaxPlayer, Jan 30, 2009
    Code words are cool and all but you guys seriously need to pull a Dr. Phil and get real for some of this shit. Seriously we have Cryptographic Analysts in the military, goverment, and for law enforcement(Local and Federal.)

What in hell makes you think that "Hey I just got some headphones." Is going to work more then once, safely?

Seriously terrorists in afghanistan probably have to go as far as using abstract dialects of Arabic and coding thier messages just so they can keep thier base location secret until some dude sitting at a desk with cofee, can break it.

To all the people who say they can't store you're texts. Who says? I'd honestly take OldSchoolGrowers word(As he has a backround in security.) and not the word of some pothead who's friend works for T-Mobile.

And thats all I'm going to say in this thread. You're phone calls probably aren't stored. And for all you know every single text IS stored somewhere. Probably just all texts within a certain time limit(But saved non-the less.).

Edit: ^^^^ Ya you'd like to think that. All they have to do is say you're associated with terroism. How about this? Have you ever searched anything in google that could be controversial? Such as how to make a bomb, hammas, taliban, ect ect....

BOOM you just allowed you're self to be raped under the patriot act.

Have you ever watched a youtube video of a U.S. soldier getting shot at in combat?

BOOM you just broke the "Aiding and Comfort" clause.

8. did no one read my post or something. ALL TEXT ARE KEPT ON FILE FOR 30 days. At verizon wireless you can walk in there and say I need to see my text and they cant print it out within the min. I know for a fact that verizon keeps all calls on file for 7 days too. Verizon is also the company MOST WILLING to give out your information, T-moble being the least.

The government says you have all these rights, but they make them virtually theirs.

9. I was going to let this go, but there's one important detail to be aware of: Police don't need a warrant to search your cell phone or PDA once they've arrested you.

Normally, yes, searches require warrants, but "searches incident to arrest" are an exception.

In the past, this has meant that if they arrest you for, say, a DUI (or any other reason, made-up or not), they're allowed to search your car and open any bags/packages/etc. they find.

Now, it's looking like courts are allowing cell phones and PDAs to be searched, too. So be careful what's in there.

10. Funny thing about this topic...

At work, I could probably read at least 1/2 this messages users here post.

11. I don't know about all that, but the cops went through my little sisters phone. While she was in the hospital, her phone was in the car and the cops had it impounded. They went through it for "research."

12. illegal wire tapping?

like with AT&T?

or has Obama stopped that

13. #73 Cos Mic, Feb 5, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2009
    sry i havnt read all this thread... but recently the police in the UK are said to have been given the same powers as have been reserved for those who are more notorious for being "above the law" (spy agancies, inteligence organisations). in short, yeah, they get to see it all now.

still thinking we can get away with just trying to duck for cover to get your own?

or maybe we've still time to stand up...

pretty desperate innit tho...

so scared are the gov of the population they gotta film us wherever they can and listen into our private conversations... pah theh tic.

some say thats a good sign they're scared of us, that means we've a democracy, since the people dont fear the gov. well i see plenty people fearing the gov, and a real democracy wouldnt need to spy on it's subjects. we the people...
    we all are the watchers... not some shaddowy unknown despot behind the monitors and speakers hooked up to the cameras and microphones, just waiting for our thoughtcrime to show.

completely unecessary.

completely on the agenda of those "haves" who've grown scared of that natural vacuum, and the ever threatening "have-nots". yay... look how much richer they are... bwahahahahaha.

PS... to those unwittingly defending the patriot act... may i suggest a clear head and three or four days dedicated to reading it and understanding what it is really saying. dont look to other sites for hearsay, go read it for yourself, and then come and tell me they havnt just given themselves the right to completely ignore all your rights, almost up to the point where they say it's ok to bust into your house and rape you. almost. lol. anyways, this is my point... read it for yourselves.
    the terrorism bs legal piss over in the UK is not too far off carbon copy, even closer than the cultural differences i would have pressumed would be present. says all the horrific loss of rights evoked on terrorists, then proceeds to stipulate what it means as terrorist, and the definition is quite clear. .... anyone and everyone!
    helloo legalised fascisto police state.

folks say marshal law might be brought in.... hahahaha. that might actually be an improvement if they started to go as far as they've given themselves the legal right to go in the patriot/terrorism act. you dont hear about it tho do ya... cos we're media dependent and the media is the establishmentarian Department of Thought? hahaha... well, if they bust down yer doors, like the spiritualists, telepaths, psychics and hippies say, "you brought it on yourself", "you do it to yourself, you do", "there is no one else but you", "we are one".

;)

14. #74 Kingof781, Feb 5, 2009
    let me lay down some facts

pre paid or "throw away" phones are safe.
    they usually dont bother tracing them and even if they do they cant prove its yours

text messages are saved, on sprint verizon and tmobile i know this for a fact
    with sprint you can look up every text you have ever sent, ever
    with t mobile and verizon they log them but you cant usually go back and get them HOWEVER if tmobile or verizon pleases they can look up all your shit whenever they want..

to the idiot saying verizon only keep syour shit 30 days your wrong dude, they log that shit for a long as time, in my personal expierience almost 18 months but it could be longer i just know of atleast 18 months..

15. As someone who works (in the management level) of a major communications provider... we log the text (and call communication logs) forever.

Not 30 days, not 3 months, or even years.... but forever.

16. told you soo *****s

17. some of you guys are paranoid. do you know how many 'do you have weed' texts there are in a single hour in the US? thousands. cops are not out scanning the airways for suspicious text messages about weed. use common sense

what makes you think that they would ever even see this message let alone scramble the troops if they ever see that some person got some headphones.

the only time arrests are mad over texts are special occasions where the person is under watch by the cops or just very unlucky and unlikely situations

18. stop calling your dealer "mr. Green jeans!!"

19. #79 NFloyd2357, Feb 5, 2009
    Ok, well personally, I'd always rather have people text me. All my connects work through text too.

as far as phone calls go - at first id say whatever the hell i wanted - then my cous' house got raided, and he said they knew EVERY SINGLE DETAIL about EVERYTHING, and it was all obtained through their phone calls. the search warrant had already been obtained though through an intercepted package.

either way, i feel safe through texting. the way i text, and the way my connects respond would make it difficult for anything to stand up, legally. I usually ask "are you good?" wait for a response, n then ask "whats a zip?" after i get a price, if i want anything else. i'll say something like "got anything else?" and he'll eiter say no, or be like "yea we'll talk later"

so basically, all the text log has is a number, say "230" and they can match that up with "a zip" but they can't prove what i mean by a zip

my iphone also got stolen last week - hope it didnt get stolen by a cop lol - theres enough incriminating texts in there to send me to jail for sure

20. The only problem with your logic is yes, they need a warrant to start tapping, but once they have a warrant they can also go back in time and get all of your texts from the provider. Now they not only are tapping the phone, but they have all the text history to add to the evidence pile, circumstantial or not. I just belive in not giving them any more to work with than necessary. Phone calls prior to the warrant are not recorded.

Of course, if they have a warrant to get your texting history you've got bigger problems. It's just one less piece of evidence you need to give them if the worst ever happens.

Still, as long as one knows the risks and exposures then whatever floats your boat :)