Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account

Pot Jello?

• Please log in to reply

Asterisk

Asterisk

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 166 posts
Ok so I was sitting here looking at jello and I'm thinking if i put weed in the mix would it absorb thc or would keif make it work or would it not work at all so if you have any ideas of how this could work or know if it does or does not please tell me thanks

Similar Topics: Pot Jello?     x

falcon10911

falcon10911

Growing future

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,681 posts

Ok so I was sitting here looking at jello and I'm thinking if i put weed in the mix would it absorb thc or would keif make it work or would it not work at all so if you have any ideas of how this could work or know if it does or does not please tell me thanks

Jello doesn't have any natural oils or fats (To the best of my knowledge), so It would pick up minimum or little amounts of THC. I've never made jello so I don't know if it uses butter (retarded question?).

I would suggest making green dragon (High % alcohol + weed + time) then using the THC rich alcohol and making jello shots. If the goal is to get fucked off jello, that is. If you were looking for an easy way to make a baked good, you lucked out man :(

You're better off with firecrackers.

HolyxXCrapp

HolyxXCrapp

The Forgotten Hippie

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,660 posts

thc is heat activated...you gonna heat up your jello?

Asterisk

Asterisk

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 166 posts
see this is why You ask questions so you learn so thank you guys and what is the amount of heat needed to activate thc?

Miguel420

Miguel420

Bronze member

• Bronze Member
  • 1,100 posts

oldskoolgrower

oldskoolgrower

ಠ_ಠ

• Old School
  • 30,210 posts
Heat is a necessary factor in preparation as it hastens the decarbaxylation of THC into it's pscychoactive form. That's why just eating cannabis without cooking it barely works. You need heat AND some means of extracting the THC (oil, alcohol, etc.)

Miguel420

Miguel420

Bronze member

• Bronze Member
  • 1,100 posts

oldskoolgrower

oldskoolgrower

ಠ_ಠ

• Old School
  • 30,210 posts
Where did I say it was needed for extraction? It's need for decarboxylation, which does NOT take place at room temperature. Some decarboxylation occurs during the drying and curing but usually most of it happend when it's burnt or vaporized. Heating the cannabis as part of the cooking process takes care of that step and is totally separate from extraction...and yes I studied Organic Chemistry.

Miguel420

Miguel420

Bronze member

• Bronze Member
  • 1,100 posts

Guest_GoliathToker79_*

Guest_GoliathToker79_*
  • Unregistered / Not Logged In
Screw Jello, everyone knows pudding is where its at. It would be easier to make then Jello right?? Besides everyone knows pudding is more superior.:D

oldskoolgrower

oldskoolgrower

ಠ_ಠ

• Old School
  • 30,210 posts

?
I dunno man. How come it works just as well with time and a low temperature, if it needs heat for decarboxylation? I mean green dragon is made without heat, yet it still does the job, without decarboxylation i assume.

Ah, you've never tried MY Green Dragon. I pre bake the herb prior to extraction. It's far more potent that way.

I never said you got NO extraction of active THC without heating. You will get a great deal more if it's been heated.

Most people who make Green Dragon and know what they are doing either pre cook the herb or use a heat bath while extracting. Sure you can make something that will get you high just by soaking it at room temperature, but you'll be losing a lot of THC that way.

Miguel420

Miguel420

Bronze member

• Bronze Member
  • 1,100 posts

oldskoolgrower

oldskoolgrower

ಠ_ಠ

• Old School
  • 30,210 posts
No problem. I also pre-bake my trim and buds for making hash oil. Comes out far more potent after 15 or 20 minutes at 225°F.

Alexyonfire!

Alexyonfire!

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 4,897 posts
This almost sounds as bad as my MDMA jello tasted ):

Alexyonfire!

Alexyonfire!

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 4,897 posts

Ah, you've never tried MY Green Dragon. I pre bake the herb prior to extraction. It's far more potent that way.

I never said you got NO extraction of active THC without heating. You will get a great deal more if it's been heated.

Most people who make Green Dragon and know what they are doing either pre cook the herb or use a heat bath while extracting. Sure you can make something that will get you high just by soaking it at room temperature, but you'll be losing a lot of THC that way.

or they boil the herb in vodka or everclear.

this is not recommended thou.

Jamayah

Jamayah

Truth Matters

• Gold Member
  • 878 posts

oldskoolgrower

oldskoolgrower

ಠ_ಠ

• Old School
  • 30,210 posts
How would you propose adding the THC in the first place? It needs a fatty or alcoholic medium to be extracted...unless you want lots of loose bits of cannabis floating in your jello.

Miguel420

Miguel420

Bronze member

• Bronze Member
  • 1,100 posts

oldskoolgrower

oldskoolgrower

ಠ_ಠ

• Old School
  • 30,210 posts
It needs to be a non-polar solvent. It depends on the specific acid, and citric acid (the acid in lemon juice) is a polar molecule like water. Acetic acid (vinegar) is also polar.

The human consumable substances that one can extract with are any fat/oil and ethanol.

Madmike420

Madmike420

moderator supreme

• Old School
  • 6,192 posts

How would you propose adding the THC in the first place? It needs a fatty or alcoholic medium to be extracted...unless you want lots of loose bits of cannabis floating in your jello.

What about green dragon jello shots?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users